It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voyager 1&2 Conspiracies: The Scrambles of Earth, and Aliens Hijack Voyager 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I done a quick search and to my disbelief, considering its quite old news, I couldn't find any threads on this. I just want to say at the beginning of this thread, I'm open minded towards the possibility, and that why I'm posting it, to see what other peoples research into it could also yield.

For those of you who don't know I'll start with explaining, with various links and quotes, what Voyager 1 and 2 are, and the importance of this in relevance to this thread:

The Voyager program is a U.S program that launched two unmanned space missions, scientific probes Voyager 1 and Voyager 2. They were launched in 1977 to take advantage of a favorable planetary alignment of the late 1970s. Although officially designated to study just Jupiter and Saturn, the probes were able to continue their mission into the outer solar system, and are as of December 2011 on course to exit the solar system. These probes were built at JPL and were funded by NASA. Voyager 1 is currently the farthest human-made object from Earth. Both missions have gathered large amounts of data about the gas giants of the solar system, of which little was previously known. In addition, the spacecraft trajectories have been used to place limits on the existence of a hypothetical trans-Neptunian planet.

Voyager Golden Record

Voyager 1 and 2 both carry with them a golden record that contains pictures and sounds of Earth, along with symbolic directions for playing the record and data detailing the location of Earth. The record is intended as a combination time capsule and interstellar message to any civilization, alien or far-future human, that recovers either of the Voyager craft. The contents of this record were selected by a committee chaired by Carl Sagan.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Voyager 1 spacecraft is a 722 kilogram (1,592 lb) space probe launched by NASA in 1977, to study the outer Solar System and interstellar space. Operating for 34 years, 4 months and 24 days as of today (current operation time), the spacecraft receives routine commands and transmits data back to the Deep Space Network. At a distance of 119 astronomical units (1.78×1010 km) as of October 2011, it is the farthest man-made object from Earth. Voyager 1 is now in the heliosheath, which is the outermost layer of the heliosphere. It will most likely be the first probe to leave the Solar System. Being a part of the Voyager program with its sister craft Voyager 2, the spacecraft is in extended mission, tasked with locating and studying the boundaries of the Solar System, including the Kuiper belt, the heliosphere and interstellar space. The primary mission ended November 20, 1980, after encountering the Jovian system in 1979 and the Saturnian system in 1980. It was the first probe to provide detailed images of the two largest planets and their moons.

Golden Record

Each Voyager space probe carries a gold-plated audio-visual disc in the event that either spacecraft is ever found by intelligent life-forms from other planetary systems. The discs carry photos of the Earth and its lifeforms, a range of scientific information, spoken greetings from people (e.g. the Secretary-General of the United Nations and the President of the United States, and the children of the Planet Earth) and a medley, "Sounds of Earth", that includes the sounds of whales, a baby crying, waves breaking on a shore, and a collection of Earth music, including works by Mozart and Chuck Berry's "Johnny B. Goode".

Communications

Built with the intent for eventual interstellar travel, Voyager 2 included a large, 3.7-meter parabolic, high-gain antenna (see diagram) to transceive data with the Deep Space Network on Earth. Communications are conducted over the S-band (13 cm wavelength) and X-band (3.6 cm wavelength) providing bandwidth as high as 115.2 kilobits per second. When the spacecraft is unable to communicate with Earth, the Digital Tape Recorder (DTR) is able to record up to 62,500-kilobytes of data to later transmit when communication is reestablished.

en.wikipedia.org...

"Scrambles of Earth"

Now for the interesting part, apparently aliens have found one of the spacecraft's and used the disc to create their own remix of it, which they then transmitted back to SETI. What these remixes could mean if you listen to the music who knows. It sounds like crazy alien tech house! Anyway these remixes have been called "The scrambles of Earth," since the original record was called "Murmurs of Earth" and they 'scrambled' or remixed our version. You can buy the CD online but why would you do that when you can listen for free....

boomkat.com...

What follows is some of the explanatory text accompanying this curious release on Negativland's Seeland label - this is just a fragment, mind you, there's an illustrated 16-page booklet inside the CD digpak. Here goes: "In 1977, NASA launched the twin Voyager 1 and 2 spacecrafts, fastening to each a phonograph album containing sounds and music of Earth." So far so good; go on... "In 2010, the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence in Exile (SETI-X), a dissident offshoot of the better-known Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence, received transmissions believed to be extraterrestrial remixes of these records." Ah. Yes, this album purports to contain evidence of a first contact with alien lifeforms, whose primary means of communication appears to be the remix. So what does ET sound like? Well, by some uncanny coincidence these alien intelligences seem to operate in a fashion that perfectly conforms to the well-worn Negativland A&R policy, serving up skewed and skewered alterations and edits of sampled source material that switch between noisy, abstract weirdness and loungey exotica. Interesting stuff though, and certainly a release to be savoured by fans of plunderphonics and old-school V\VM releases.

As to whether these remixes are believable, I don't know myself. My heart says no, but my head says yes it could just be somebody who's made an alien-esque remix of the original, but wikipedia says nothing at all about it, which i think is fishy considering wikipedia always has bits attempting to debunk conspiracies, when something is related to one.

Aliens Hijack Voyager 2

Again I'd just like to say I'm not the one 2 judge the believability I just think its fishy the way wikipedia state nothing of these conspiracies. I can't paste quotes to news articles so you'll have to read the link.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Sorry about posting it in the wrong forum.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I Think this is a joke or something,

It says released by SETI-X, a dissident off shoot of SETI.......

I don't think its genuine, looks like a money making scheme to me

If the ET's can mix me some new Techno or Gabba, I would be very appreciative

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Haven't got time to read it all now, but this looks interesting, so just flagging up my interest, hope to comment in due course.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soapusmaximus
I Think this is a joke or something,

It says released by SETI-X, a dissident off shoot of SETI.......

I don't think its genuine, looks like a money making scheme to me

If the ET's can mix me some new Techno or Gabba, I would be very appreciative

I heard some alien scratchin on one of the tracks
wicky wick wicka

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
So the Aliens like Techno eh, wonder if they do a few Ez as well? LoL

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Soapusmaximus

Yeah I think its a money making scheme more than likely, but try researching its hard to find anything other than the CD of remixes. Plus I actually read a wikipedia article about the scrambles ages ago I'm sure, but I can't find it when I try, and its just a bit fishy.
edit on 1-2-2012 by abominatonofdesolation because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by abominatonofdesolation

yeah I cant find a homepage for seti-x or anything like that
Just the same regurgitated news article

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
now this is interesting!

ill be following this one for sure

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
well I was going to... why isnt this getting more attention!!!

bumpaty bump

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Moving to Skunk Works.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

Must be that people have lost track of what ATS is really about. Doesn't seem like they're interested in anything that isn't about the US elections, New Age beliefs, or crazy 2012 theories.

new topics

top topics

join