It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's so great about Mitt Romney? Why Vote for Him?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

Originally posted by GoalPoster
Put four piles of stinking, steaming dog crap in a row . . . with each one shaped a bit differently from the other, yet all just as reeking as the other. Then tell people that they have to pick one of the piles.

'Nuff said.

Actually it´s three piles and a diamond.

Actually its 3 diamonds, Romney being the largest, then Gingrich, then Santorum, followed by a stinking pile of dog crap, as the MSM would have you know.

The irony is that the 3 diamonds are fake, and there's a real diamond buried within the dog crap.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Gallup state numbers predict huge Obama loss
campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com...

He's not Obama.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I watched Romney's "Florida victory speech" on the news in the UK late last night and I have to say he is a pretty scary guy.... there were bits of what he was saying that made me go "I hope he doesn't get in"

Things like this

President Obama believes America’s role as leader in the world is a thing of the past. He is intent on shrinking our military capacity at a time when the world faces rising threats. I will insist on a military so powerful no one would ever think of challenging it.

This guy is just creepy...

Please America, don't buy the BS

Don't vote for this whacko...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

He might be worse, and might is an understatement. At least with Obama we know what we're getting. With Romney in office America will officially become a capitalist dictatorship.

We're pretty much already there, Romney would just be icing on the cake.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I simply find it fascinating that people still believe that their votes really mean something - in every case - the person chosen for office is selected long before the first vote is even cast.

A population of suckers is all I can say!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
reply to post by Stormdancer777

He might be worse, and might is an understatement. At least with Obama we know what we're getting. With Romney in office America will officially become a capitalist dictatorship.

We're pretty much already there, Romney would just be icing on the cake.

I have no idea, look at the people that fell for Obama.

Personally I realized a long time ago when you rely on a man for salvation, you will be sorely disappointed every time.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Goddamn Diebold machines are the only ones casting any votes at all!
The ugly part is the election is rigged from the get go by the ones behind the scenes....
America could vote a landslide for Kermit the frog, and it looks like its Romney who would get in......
hes got the fix in the election by the look of it....
No working class person in their right mind would ever cast a ballot for him......
Yet i bet this is the good youre gonna get to enforce the NDAA.....hell have no touble ordering all those arrests anyways.......

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Goddamn Diebold machines are the only ones casting any votes at all!
The ugly part is the election is rigged from the get go by the ones behind the scenes....
America could vote a landslide for Kermit the frog, and it looks like its Romney who would get in......
hes got the fix in the election by the look of it....
No working class person in their right mind would ever cast a ballot for him......
Yet i bet this is the good youre gonna get to enforce the NDAA.....hell have no touble ordering all those arrests anyways.......

Seriously? I can promise you that I know plenty of people that will vote for Romney if he is the candidate. I also know plenty of people that will vote for Obama. All of these are "working people".

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Here is the deal TPTB want Romney as their Republican candidate, thus the win in Iowa, and any other state that used front loading as a practice. This Front loading gives everyone the sense that Romney is our man, however the electorate does not have to make a choice until March 15thish.

So in a nutshell, absolutely nothing great about this man, except he doesn't have as many skeletons in his closet as other candidates, and he is the top candidate of TPTB. If you don't believe me just sit back and watch the media, they shall tell you every reason under the sun why you need to vote for him.

BUT, you don't get the choice the electorate does

Forgot, my famous line, " land of the free home of the brave"
edit on 1-2-2012 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

He is what we have been taught to think a president looks and sounds and acts like.

Considering their game has been going on for a while , it's just that we are used to these scum by now so they can hide in plain site better.

I'm definitely not voting even though this will be the 3rd time I've been eligible too.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
What is really comes down to is most of the viable Republican canidates decided to wait another 4 years as the Tea Party and Republicans recent win in congress resulted in a huge back lash against them. So they see this election as Obama's and will wait 4 years when they do not face an incumbent. So what you had running was the Republican B team. The thing you hear again again from the voters at the polls is they are unhappy with the choices but voted for the best of a bad lot. Mitt just happens to be in most peoples view the best of bad lot.

gl2

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Romney's problem is--everything he says sounds like neuro-linguistic programming, like he wants to think all he has to do is insert money and buzzwords into the box, then out comes more money and power. He wants so bad for us to think it's all over, he's the nominee BUT the front runner has changed many times. First it was Romney, then Rick Perry, then Godfather's Pizza man Cain, then Romney, then Gingrich, and now... It certainly isn't over yet.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
President Obama believes America’s role as leader in the world is a thing of the past. He is intent on shrinking our military capacity at a time when the world faces rising threats. I will insist on a military so powerful no one would ever think of challenging it.
This guy is just creepy...

HOLY SMOKES! That is creepy. Al i can say is the net world war is going to be soooo MASSIVE!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Who cares about an elite war monger hell bent on starting WWIII when there is
a communist muslim to worry about?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I don't really know a lot about American politics,but from an outsiders view, it looks like these four candidates are there just so Obama looks shining in comparison....sort of like putting an Armani suit in a Wall mart!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Nothing about Romney is great, except that he is NOT Obama.
As a candidate, I would not vote for him in my state's primary.
He's got too much money....and I suspect his "people" may have had something to do with leaks to the MSM...you may remember he was the only candidate that didn't have bad stuff casting him to the curb?? Just my personal opinion,\
He seems phony,
He doesn't have anything to say, as far as I can see.

As the nominee, I would vote for him, however...because he is NOT Obama.

As an aside, it is quite irritating that there is so little talk of the issues.
Who knows what the candidates stand for

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Obama's a WS sock puppet...however...Romney's a gazillion times worse, and he's not even trying to hide it.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

well i live in massachusettes and we all know to well about mitt .id say this is the kinda things he will do for america if elected.like i said i live in mass unfortunately ive been out of work since april of 2011,and i have had no health insurance for 8months now i get to pay a bill of about 11hundred dollars for the penalty when i have not seen a doctor or asked for any care in this time.ive seen him as governor a few times in my state and from my experience viewing him theres not a faker canidate out there.thats just my opininion.well if he wins massachusettes this year u know the whole thing was rigged.not 1 person from mass that i know has anything good to say about mitt romney!!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

What's so great about him?

::crickets::crickets::

The only reason people are voting for him is because the guys he's up against are even worse candidates. The truth is, though, the numbers of people voting are pretty far down below the norm. None of these candidates are exciting large portions of the Republican base, so you can't really say it's such a big, popular turn-out for him. It's just of those who vote no matter what, he's getting the most (in some states) because there aren't any better.

I'm a Democrat, anyway, so I'm not voting for any Republicans, but reading the race as a political junkie as dispassionately as I can, that's how I'm seeing it. There have been in the past Republican candidates who do excite passions of the base, who do bring out the big crowds, but that's not happening so much this year.

My rundown of the faults of the different candidates, why none of them are eliciting much interest:

Romney -- majorly turns off the working class parts of the Republican electorate since he's got the slimy business-man countenance thing, and also turns off the more right wing elements because of his very moderate record as a Governor in Massachusetts. He also turns off many Christian Conservatives simply because he's a Mormon. Many Christian Conservatives would be far more comfortable with a Jewish candidate than a Mormon. His support comes from the business interests in the party and from within the party. If it were up to most of the power players in the Republican party I think they'd just anoint him their candidate and move on.

Gingrich -- Has no support within the party, everyone who ever worked with him when he was in Washington can't stand him now and won't back him. He's also got a lot of shady business practices in his past, and the way he treated not one but TWO of his ex-wives, cheating on them and then divorcing them (one while she was very ill) doesn't go over well. Last, he ultimately lost to Clinton in a BIG way during his showdown against him back when he was Speaker of the House. Oh, and then there's those pesky ethics violations and being publicly censured by his House colleagues when he was in Congress.

Santorum -- he lost his last Senate bid so he has the sink of "damaged goods" about him. Had he not lost and still been in the Senate, I think he'd be a much more viable candidate now, but he's just not. Personally, he scares me, I get a really negative vibe from him, like a creepy vibe, but then I am a Democrat. I don't know if many Republicans get that same vibe or not, but something about him is very off putting to anyone who isn't Conservative, that much I know from talking to many other Liberal friends I know. It's an opinion they all share about him specifically. You'll have to ask a Conservative if they feel the same way.

Paul -- he's pretty fringe for a lot in the party and a lot of the policies he's about aren't popular with the party power players, so he's got a major up-hill battle there. Like Gingrich, he's not well liked within the party, though it seems to be much more about ideology and policies in his case than personal dislike as in Gingrich's case, near as I can tell.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

If Obama has to face any of the current GOP candidates in the final run for presidency, he will laugh his ass off imo. I'd take most bets (I can afford) in Obama's favour, because it's pretty clear they GOP guys are either too extreme (hell, even some prominent GOP leaders told them to tone it down), or simply so bought, they're not even trying to hide it.

Take Newt's stance on subsidies for example. First against ethanol subsidies...and then in favour of them because one of the larger ethanol companies donated money to him. For crying out loud, he's twittering about chocolate bars from companies that pay him to do so. Even if you're a Republican, how on earth can you vote for a sock puppet like that?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join