It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's so great about Mitt Romney? Why Vote for Him?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Florida. The votes are in.

Mitt Romney 769,513 46.4%
Newt Gingrich 530,044 31.9%
Rick Santorum 221,767 13.4%
Ron Paul 116,466 7%
Other 21,502 1.3%

Can someone please tell me what is so great about Mitt Romney?
What does he stand for?
What has he promised?

I'm an Australian and i'd like to know why people are voting for him.

And then why are people voting for Newt Gingrich as the second most voted?
What does he bring to the table that's difference from Mitt Romney?

I like Ron Paul, but I don't like these statistics...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Sometimes it feels like 90% of voters live in an alternate univerese... watching those stats just confirm it. Considering how well Ron Paul did in the latest Florida debate compared to the others, and still only get 7% of vote despite all the Ron Paul supporters as well... the only logical explanation is there is some kind of vote fraud going on. It will be easier to spot though when there is only 2 candidates left: Ron Paul and Mitt Romney.
edit on 1-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
Considering how well Ron Paul did in the latest Florida debate compare to the others, and still only get 7% of vote despite all the Ron Paul supporters as well... the only logical explanation is there is some kind of vote fraud going on.

See that's what i thought first thing. 7% for Ron Paul...
Seriously? 7%?
Something just doesn't feel right..

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Unfortunately when it comes down to Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich, people will vote for Mitt because he's not Newt.

Then they'll vote for him because he's not Obama. And Obama will be re-elected because he's not Mitt Romney.

No one's really voting FOR anyone anymore, they're just voting against the one they see as MORE corrupt

I'll be voting FOR Ron Paul in the TX primary, but who knows...
edit on 1-2-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
i think everyone but ron paul, buys supporters. mitt romney got millions from wallstreet for his campaign, how many ads has he made? where is the money going? same can be said about the others

the corruption is so thick you can almost carve it.

all i can say with absolute certainty is ,there are going to be an extreme high number of young people mad as hell once this election is over
edit on 1-2-2012 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
This is the thing i dont get, why in the world would ANYONE other than 1%'ers vote for Romney? He doesn't represent them at all. The guy made 50k a day doing absolutely nothing and is worth HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of dollars. Yea.. who do you think hes going \to be representing in the White House? You Joe the Plumber? You Sally the Waitress? Nope, hes going to be representing Paul the Banker and George the hedge fund manager. And that is the reason when the collapse happens and it's total, no one will have anyone else to blame but themselves for putting these crooks into positions of power.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

In short, Romney seems more lovable than Gringrich.
You can even argue over what we know about their individual ethics. Romney seems to win there also.
Romney seems to be even tempered. Gringrich is a hot head. He reminds me of a cold-war Russian.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Most of us up here in MA know first hand what a tool this ahole is. People simply swallow what the Establishment feeds them as if it's fact. Much is made of his 'business experience' and how that will help the country. We have 'The Big Dig' fiasco which has cost and continues to cost us and the taxpayers of the country vaqst amounts of money. The project is an utter bust. Construction is faulty, people have been killed and injured as a result of pieces falling from the ceilings and there is no clear liability. We're stuck with this financial black hole and it was Mitt the Dimwit's project. And let's not start talking about 'mandatory healthcare'.

People just don't get it. So many complain that the 1% are screwing us and the facts support this in spades. But what do they do? They just go right ahead and do as the Establshment tells them and support another 1-percenter. Another election and the same old s**t. Wht can't people learn?

America --- the best elections money can buy.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Put four piles of stinking, steaming dog crap in a row . . . with each one shaped a bit differently from the other, yet all just as reeking as the other. Then tell people that they have to pick one of the piles.

'Nuff said.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster
Put four piles of stinking, steaming dog crap in a row . . . with each one shaped a bit differently from the other, yet all just as reeking as the other. Then tell people that they have to pick one of the piles.

'Nuff said.

Actually it´s three piles and a diamond.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster

'Nuff said.

Steaming, stinking dog crap (2nd on the left)/2012

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Well, I can see in Florida were the base population is a much older demographic. They will stick with the usual garbage politician. Newt had no chance there after the way the Democrats trounced him for trying to reform SS back in the nineties.(wither on the vine). Ron Paul, even less of a chance.

I discount Vermont also, that is a Democratic state anyway. Iowa and Carolina seemed the best to judge by so far. Texas will be interesting to see how they vote and some of the other strong Republican states.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
This is a good question. And being just another American, enamored with a materialistic attitude, I find him to be king of material, meaning money. Also, worshiping the dollar and knowing this equates to success, disregarding anything of value that might mean that he is a good man as that is not important in this world, only wealth, I will vote for him. HMmmm?

Further, I find him to be clever in his success of material gain, witness his questionable ways of gaining more wealth. Thus, I know he will gain great wealth from his presidency, great additional wealth at the expense of all of us, I admire this cleverness which I am sure a few will have other words for it. But then, this is pretty much the only type of person people vote for, the rich or those whom will shortly be rich by being a part of the corporate scheme, we must accept and foster this corporate control, we must, it is our new world, ACCEPT it and vote as you are instructed to do so by the corporation and MSM.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Nobody should vote for him...Here is why.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
As an outsider looking in,i have to admit i am more than baffled by the apparent appeal of Romney!
To me,you simply could not find an individual more removed and different from the ordinary man in the street!

Just my opinion,but what do i know about American politics!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by scobro

It's one of three things. He's actualy a good candidate. The poles and elections are rigged, The american public is getting ever so brain dead. I don't think it's the first one. So either way they're screwed.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Mainstream America does NOT like Ron Paul or anything he says. That's fact. No need for voter fraud.

Ron Paul has a very passionate and vocal following, but they are not the majority of voters in America. Ron Paul himself did not expect to win in Florida and he isn't crying fraud. Additionally, voters are looking for a candidate that they think has a chance of beating Obama. Like it or not, nobody is sitting on the fence about Ron Paul. Either you love him or you think he's crazy. That's both Republicans and Democrats. He didn't get he big push in support I was told would happen when Perry and Huntsman dropped out, did he? No, they all went to either Newt or Romney.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Well Ron Paul did not campaign in Florida, except for the two debates. Its a winner take all state and Romney and Gingirch were the only two with enough financial backing to compete there. Ron Paul has been campaigning in Maine and Nevada, he needs a first place finish to show people it can happen. Remember New Hampshire, Ron Paul came in second!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
hes the sheeple politician. this is the guy tptb want as president a drone that will do whatever they ask, they try to make him appeal to the majority like happened with obama. romneys dad was part of congress circle jerk to so you know mitt has a higher up helping hand somewhere.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Romney is buying votes.

Floridans paid to support Romney
Credit to Glargod

Well, I should rephrase that statement; some shadow committees are paying people to show support for Romney. It would not surprise me if they were paying the same people to vote for him in the primary and perhaps the presidential election as well. Technically, Romney isn't the one who is paying them, so he's not buying votes.

The people they target are most likely rather poor, unemployed folks, who would be very willing to sell their vote and support for some cash.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join