It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Trains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I have been long fascinated with ghosts especially ghosts trains and as i was researching sightings i came across this interesting bit of news off of CNN articles.cnn.com...:US i am curious of course if anyone has any stories and or photos of their own ghost train sightings?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Seriously? Walking on railroad tracks at 3am in the morning in hopes of seeing a "ghost train"?
Darwin award?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Ahah that's pretty funny... Not the sharpest spoons in the cabinet

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
maybe now that he is in the ghostly realm he will see the ghost train. I gotta say that is a heckuva way to go tho.

I have heard rumors of a railroad crossing with a possible ghost train in my area but I havnt been out to check it out. I plan to one day tho.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by zeroeffect

i am skeptical aof all paranormal claims , but to address " ghost trains " , if one accepts the concept of ghosts and by extension ghost trains

why is there such a dearth < pun > of ghost planes , and ghost cars ?

hundreds die on the roads in RTA`s every year - but ghost trains seem to dominate the genre

also where are the ghosts of say , pan-am 103 , air-france concorde , or scores of other hi profile fatal air crashes ?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
There may not be such a dearth of Ghost planes we may just see them in the sky and think they are either real aircraft or put siteings into the UFO catagory instead.

Where as trains travel set routes so I'd guess ghost trains do too so its could make it easyer to distinguish between a train and a ghost train siteing, especialy if you live near a train track and know the shedule of the trains or are atleast aware of it.

Just my thoughts on it

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
this thread reminds me of when I was young(er). Must have been about 14-15, and there was a dissused railway line near where we used to knock about. legend had it, that there was an old ghost train that could sometimes be heard. And we'd used to hang around, waiting to see or hear something. One evening....about 11pm or so, we heard a noise which sounded just like a train, the hissing of the old steam engine, and the chug chug chug of the train. Needless to say, in our youthful enthusiasm, we all crapped our pants and legged it, laughing all the way, until we were "safe".

Roll on 5 years.....Now, I "may" have ommitted something about these old tracks. Right round the corner, a few hundred yards at most, there was a large industrial estate. I'd got myself a job in one of the units at the back, which backed onto the railway line. It was a place which filled up gas cannisters for beer pumps and things like that. I was working nights there, and come 5am it was time for me to go home. I left my usual way, through a hole in the fence out back, straight onto the old line. And as I walked away into the distance, I heard "that" hissing noise, like from a steam engine. It did frit me up a bit, but only for a second, as it dawned on me, that it was just the release valve on the machine that I had myself, just been working on. (and the guy on the next shift was now working on) And then, the big old truck which used to pick up my gas cannisters came along. Guess what noise it made as it backed up.....chug chug chug chug....I facepalmed my younger self, and chortled all the way home.

So, our legendary haunted ghost track, was noneother than a warehouse unit, going through its usual routines. But we were young, and by 'eck it didn't half feel like we were being chased by a ghost train at the time

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
My thought on ghost trains is that they are probably just imprints on reality from a different time. Every story about a ghost train that I've ever heard had something to do with a horrific crash or accident related to the train. Some people speculate that extreme emotional trauma will leave an imprint on that area and play back, like a VCR, on an endless loop cycle.

As far as seeing one, I can't say that I ever have, but if I ever do, and can document it, ATS will be the first to know.

-TS
edit on 1-2-2012 by truthseeker1984 because: grammar...haven't had my four cups of coffee this morning.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by frogbellyjim

My thoughts exactly,well put sir!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

I've wondered and thought the same thing,i mean after all we have heard of reports of ghost ships as well so to say ghost trains are not a common phenomenon is short sighted

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
ATS Thread - Ghostly Lincoln Funeral Train

Everything you need to know on how to see it.
Comes around every April.
So ... get your ghost hunting gear ready.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
also where are the ghosts of say , pan-am 103 , air-france concorde , or scores of other hi profile fatal air crashes ?

How about Flight 93 from 9/11? Is that hi-profile enough?
Shadowlands Ghost List
Scroll to Shanksville ... you'll see the info.

If you have the place of other high profile accidents, go to the main site here and then go to the state that accident is in. You'll see lots of things, including ghost twin towers in NYC of the World Trade Center.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You're awesome dude,thanks for sharing and i totally intend to see the Lincoln ghost train

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You're awesome dude,thanks for sharing and i totally intend to see the Lincoln ghost train

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I live right down the road from one. They say before/after a rain, you'll hear a whistle on the old tracks that cross our road. It's listed on Shadowlands, which was already linked. Mountain View, MO.
It's generally not obvious, what you've heard, but after a the fact you'll realize "I heard something just now, I could swear I did.. Was that a train whistle?"
Us locals just pass it off to the sound of the highway nearby or something of that nature, but when you hear the train, you'll know it.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Billie828

I live in St louis and plan to check this area out this spring when the storms come. Thanks for the heads up!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Ghost train? I have never heard that expression before
Sounds like a pretty dangerous thing to investigate!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeroeffect
I have been long fascinated with ghosts especially ghosts trains and as i was researching sightings i came across this interesting bit of news off of CNN articles.cnn.com...:US i am curious of course if anyone has any stories and or photos of their own ghost train sightings?

Not personally as far as trains but there are a few "undebunked" cases that involve lights on train tracks. Search for "Paulding Light" and you get a lot of hits that refer to some weirdness. Heres one:

Check out the comments on the video on YouTube.. This one has been baffling people there for 40 years?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
They are many stories of ghost trains and phantom trains in the rocky mountains..
nearly every big pass has a story ..
Phantom canyon,
marshal pass,, many

new topics

top topics

join