It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Current generation military base video surveillance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Digging through the Federal Business Opportunities website, I found a recent video surveillance request. This is far more advanced than the junk around the border of Area 51, but probably similar to what they install on base, at least for new installations. As always, the military likes Cohu cameras. If you aren't Cohu, no need to apply. ;-)

Solicitation Number: N66001-12-T-7457
Notice Type: Combined Synopsis/Solicitation Synopsis: Added: Jan 24, 2012 2:54 pm
This is a sole source announcement. No hard copy request for quotation will beprepared or made available for distribution. Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center Pacific (SSC Pacific) intends to award a firm fixed price purchase order to Cohu, Inc. for the purchase of the following item:
Cohu 5940SDS LWIR Thermal H.264 Fixed Camera system,
Model 5942-8000.10 to 60 VDC Operating Power using external POE injector,
640x480 VOX LWIRcamera with 60MM lens and IP67 housing with heater, 12VDC input and analogoutput.

www.cohu-cameras.com...

The camera is long wave thermal imaging. At these sensor sizes, 60mm is a modest telephoto lens.

This webpage has the best photography of what video surveillance gear is currently used around the Groom Lake border. It was shot at the Range 61 gate, where you can get really close to the gear.
www.lazygranch.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
It wonders me why you have to get a seperate upgrade for HD. Common resolution is 640x480. Not too much.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Once again you've come up with some interesting information. Do you figure this equipment is headed for the testing facilities out on those atolls out in the Pacific? I suppose that even in the middle of the Pacific Ocean one can't be too lax about security...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
You are correct that 640x480 isn't high resolution, but you are thinking CCD. This unit has a microbolometer because it is long wave infrared, that is thermal imaging. That technology is quite expensive, even for federal purchases. CCDs are at best SWIR (short wave infrared.).

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Virgil Cain

I left off the place where it would be installed since I was more interested in the technology. Here is where it is going.

SPAWAR SYSTEMS CENTER SAN DIEGO, CA 92110 USA

However, secret locations get cameras too, but you can't put up a contract to install a camera at Groom Lake. I haven't figured out how their contracting gets done. I have uploaded some old bills from EG&G to the CIA, which is probably indicative of how they get paid. But I don't know how you get a contract for doing work at a top secret facility.

Fbo.gov is a good place to troll, and I troll it on a weekly basis. ATS members like to troll youtube, and 99.999999% of youtube video is pure crap. I simply don't understand why anyone would use youtube for anything other than pet videos. I can count on one hand the number of people I know that put anything useful on youtube. You can't believe the amount of moronic crap I viewed on those Bob Lazar threads. We're talking video from people who couldn't find their arse with their own two hands. Just watching that garbage makes you dumb.

On the other hand, fbo.gov is where stuff happens. There are things the feds just can't do. Now the bases lately have been contracting using a SABER (Simplified Acquisition of Base Engineering Requirements). You demonstrate a level of capabilities, and you get a contract to do work within the scope of those capabilities. That may be how some of the Groom work gets done, but that is just a guess. That recent microwave dish on Bald Mountain was probably done with an outside contractor since tower work has a bit of regulation associated with it these days. [You need someone on the ground qualified in tower rescue.]

When I get around to it, I'm going to put a few links on my iplanesight.org website on where to search government documents. There are currently contracts from the Army for new Directed Energy "devices" and social media monitoring. I've been archiving the social media analysis contracts and will start another link since it is relative to Nellis. I also have an interesting Creech contract to post.

new topics

top topics

join