It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Raging Solar Storm Is Hitting the Earth Right Now

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

A Raging Solar Storm Is Hitting the Earth Right Now

gizmodo.com

The largest solar storm since 2005 is now in progress, causing fluctuations on the power grid and disruptions to the Global Positioning System. The ongoing strong proton storm is in full fury. And it's getting stronger; a Coronal Mass Ejection (CME) impact also impacting us, traveling at 1,400 miles per second.

The radiation and geomagnetic storm caused by this CME are normal—about 2,000 geomagnetic storms happen in every 11-year solar cycle—but proton storms are very rare. Only a couple of dozen happen per solar cycle. This one—ranking S3 on a 5-level scale—is dangerous.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Edit: yes while the link is old, it's still relevant. More is to come according to some experts. And in our electrically dependent society, this poses a great threat.

Coronal mass ejection heading towards earth. Currently disrupting satellites.

Friends who have att iPhones have been having their signal messed up at the same time. Isn't a coincidence in my opinion, the damage is visible at home. And it hasn't even hit us in sunlight yet (I'm in the eastern US)

The article ends on a positive note though

"Other than all this, and unless something extraordinary happens, you shouldn't worry about the world ending tomorrow. It won't. But keep your eyes open for auroras happening near you. Those living up north in particular should have a great show over the next two

gizmodo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1-2-2012 by Deflagration because: Article old, adding detail

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Deflagration

Dear Deflagration,

I haven't seen your posts often; but, I know I have read you before. Good catch and thanks for the info. Do you think that Nasa is correct and that we might lose some power grids? I think it is possible and think that it could be what FEMA and others are preparing for. Not to be a conspiracy theorist, more a follower of infrastructure. Peace.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
This storm has already hit us, and left us... Might want to check your dates.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by clenz

I noticed this as I posted.

Regardless I find it strange that ATT phones were all acting up earlier tonight.

And this is still a serious threat for the future... supposedly solar storms will get worse

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Right now, as in last week. Check out my thread & pix from the light show produced by the CME, www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Had two weird powerouts in my
house last night..Within a couple
of hrs. Could it be related?

Im in SE Sweden...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Keep in mind that (according to their posts) some of the more gullible people here might run straight for their bunkers and start gulping down their precious canned food when they read headlines like yours...

Better doublecheck your info before you sound the alarm.

edit on 1-2-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
If the CMEs are more than capable of disrupting/dismantling electromagnetic grids in computer systems, what about the thought of our magnetic poles being disrupted or even shifted? The ejected material from a CME is a plasma consisting primarily of electrons and protons, but may contain small quantities of heavier elements such as helium, oxygen, and even iron. The earth's magnetosphere is about 95% ions that are protons, so think about the gradual or even simultaneous effect a powerful CME can have on our planet!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
This happened last week at some stage. Wasnt solar maximum roughly 2010-2011? How can this solar cycle be 12-13 years when every other cycle recorded is 11 years? Things should be quietening down at this stage, not intensifying. I think Nasa are just making # up to suit themselves while every other moron buys it like a bag of lollies.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

How is this dangerous?

I don't want to go out in the sun and "die" lol... If someone could tell me the dangers it would be appreciated.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by insaan
How is this dangerous?
I don't want to go out in the sun and "die" lol... If someone could tell me the dangers it would be appreciated.

Ask and Ye shall receive

Very interesting documentary showing what happened in the past too

Attack of the Sun

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Dang and here I thought school was going be canceled. So much for the world ending again.
Man you some of you people are paranoid. It's dangerous!!!! Take cover!!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Agreed the storm was last week...but there are more to come.

I have a note to add...I was checking NASA today (don't laugh), and the have now said that the "bad" sun cycle expected to hit early 2013, will be less powerful than in 2005 and previous storms.

Haven't scientists been saying for years that 2012-13 was going to be the worst since the 1800's?

So has the sun changed it's mind or are they hiding crap again.

Does anyone have any scientific knowledge about this...I don't know how much we can trust what NASA says.

solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Sun is very quiet right now, there is very minor risk of magnetic storms right now. There is small change for active storm, but only 5%. For stronger storms change is less than 1%. And there is 1% change for solar flare too. Sun is actually unusually quiet, it should be more active right now, as we are near to its maximum.

Just look SDO pictures, and Sun's surface is very smooth and flat, as active regions are on otherside of Sun
sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
If one in 2005 was bigger and didn't destroy the world what is/was the worry about this one?

2nd

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I really dont understand why are people still not questioning everything NASA says, yeah they have some amazing Imagery and access to some of the coolest # ever invented which most of you dont even know of but that does not mean we take them at their word when they show or tell us something.

Its no wonder the open minded self knowing people are becoming so frustrated at the ignorance of the masses, you have been diluted down so much i cant see how you can ever be awakened if you dont having any contradicting questions on one of the most crooked orginnisations on the planet. This has been proven many times and evidence is everywhere.

We are guilty of letting our governments do this and deserve nothing more than our upcoming fate.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Now i am puzzled here because how can a flare suddenly disapear?
I cant upload a video but here are the frame by frame stills, notice time and date. The flare is at the 8 o'clock position.

Now i am going to love to hear the explaination people have for the above. Particularly image 3-5

Now the way i look at it is that its totally impossible for a flare to suddenly vanish therefore its my assumption that the images we are privy to are in fact carefully selected.
Also in relation to the thread, the only reason that that would be done would be to hide something.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Jupiter is like a Qasar, it's beaming energy from its poles. Normally it emits +2 Trillion Watts of microwaves.

The sun being more active is causing the moon Io to release more gasses which is feeding more energy into Jupiter's natural radio system.

Be more worried about the microwave emissions from Jupiter. In December Jupiter will be directly behind Earth and will shoot its microwaves up Earth's keister thru the keyhole in our magnetosphere behind the planet.

Don't be worried about what's coming from the front.....be worried about what's hitting us in our rear. Jupiter's emissions. It emits more microwaves than our STAR!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Even parts of the UK were treated to a show from that baby.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join