It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl can say any word backwards within seconds! Incredible Show of Brain Power!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I can spell things really fast.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I've been able to do this since I was a child, I have never thought much of it, or thought anyone would find it particularly impressive.

Guess I was wrong and should have made a YouTube clip.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

Actually she IS NOT saying them in reverse, just backwards phonetically. And yes, I am impressed with freakish signs of intelligence and what have you, but this being rain-man-esque, I disagree. I can do this, while I may not be as quick as her, it is still none the less, not all that hard to do and is a very useless "talent". If someone is going to post a thread with a video like this, you must accept the fact that there are people who are not going to have the same opinion of it as you.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

It's a nice show of brain power. If you don't like it. Just say it once and forget about it.

I personally love videos like this because you cannot deny that it's rare for someone to have her talent, even if you don't care.

Still not happy? Now watch this series on youtube for some interesting human abilities, starting with these, until you find something you love.

Watch how fast this man can draw a gun.

This guy can touch electricity that would kill any normal person.

Samurai can chop a BB gun pellet with his sword.

edit on 1-2-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
That is pretty neat on how fast she can do that. I wonder how well she exceeds in English? I don't think she will be able find much use for her talent . Not many jobs needed for it.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim
I've been able to do this since I was a child, I have never thought much of it, or thought anyone would find it particularly impressive.

Me too, as a kid I used to read all the signs backwards when we were driving. It became a really annoying habit. Like trying to add up all the numbers in a phone number real quick. I still do that, sometimes I try to do it in different languages. In my head of course. Once I kept people entertained for a good half hour reading everthing they could find backwards. They were all pretty impressed, I thought everyone did it! Oh well. I guess its a talent left for the crazies.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
This is actually rather easy in other languages (eg. German) since in those languages you usually "speak as you write"...and is MUCH more difficult in English due to how words are pronounced.

While the girl is great because she does it VERY quickly, she does not do it right.

In fact, she pronounces the backwards words wrong and you would have problems listening to her words backwards. She uses the same rules as if the word is spoken forward, eg. if there is an emphasis on the last syllable in a "normal" word...if you would want the word sound correct "backwards" you would need to emphasis the FIRST syllable...ok..sorry to be so picky...

Example:

In English.."Garage"....pronounced like "Gah-Rhaash" and SPOKEN backwards it would be like
"Shaah-rag"...but the girls says it like "Egarag" ("Eh-gah-rag")....which is certainly not right if you would want to play it back backwards and understand

If you want to do this with English words..to make them SOUND correct backwards...you would first need to "translate" each word into how its actually pronounced...or just use syllables...instead of looking at the actual word/letters because English can be very tricky there.
edit on 1-2-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
i say this is rehearsed , look at her eyes shes not even trying to think.. could be easily reading the list of words from the front of the car.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mutantgenius

Originally posted by humphreysjim

Me too, as a kid I used to read all the signs backwards when we were driving. It became a really annoying habit. Like trying to add up all the numbers in a phone number real quick. I still do that, sometimes I try to do it in different languages. In my head of course. Once I kept people entertained for a good half hour reading everthing they could find backwards. They were all pretty impressed, I thought everyone did it! Oh well. I guess its a talent left for the crazies.

Interesting, still today my mind wanders and I practice saying words backwards, it's oddly soothing. I also make words out of the letters in car number plates, and things like that.

I wonder whether this might have a connection to some mild asperger-like tendencies.

I don't think this talent is a rare as people might think, she just seems to be the first person who realized how impressed some people are by it.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kolder
i say this is rehearsed , look at her eyes shes not even trying to think.. could be easily reading the list of words from the front of the car.

Well that's the point, she can think so quick it doesnt even look like she's thinking.

For example look at this guy, he's amazing. Very very rare talent.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

No part of the video was reversed. It's some girl showing off a useless talent. Notice she's pronouncing it by the natural syllables...the syllables aren't reversed, she's saying it as though she's reading the floipped word. She's not literally saying it backwards, or she would have turned the syllables too, which the tongue has a difficult time doing, due to years of programming.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I bet when she was younger and first found out about this talent, she drove her parents bat [snip] crazy!!!

Mommy mommy!!! I can say barbie backwards!!! eibrab!! I can say brush backwards!! hsurb!!
I can say.......ect.

Im sure her parents were ready to' wolb reiht sniarb tuo'!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

The human calculator is the most impressive.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
reply to post by mainidh

Rick Astley fan indahouse....

wwwA lleH oN!!

I just saw it on one of the funnies posted on ATS recently and thought it fit in here

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo515
Wow...some of the replies I get on this site now days really makes me wonder why I bother sharing new content...I would expect this kind of negativity on 4chan but not here,

Cant we all just see it for what it really is? a talent? Just because you cannot do it, doesn't make it fake.
BTW its not a fake, shes been on multiple radio talk shows.

And FIY, use your brain...she is saying the word as it would be pronounced if spelt backwards, saying something in reverse is completely different.

We're FROM 4chan.

Should have expected us.

And yes, we already knew the backwards thing. Kids will be kids.
edit on CWednesdaypm252513f13America/Chicago01 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Yes! Now that's some cool stuff. That indian guy is amazing!
Good find on those vids.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'm thinking more like someone that had a type of dyslexia. Then remediating. Or possibly autism at a light degree. Allowing her to have the great photogenic memory. Which would help her to pick up large amounts of info./knowledge in short periods of time. which is common in the disorder. Just a thought, that is if it wasnt set up from the start. I cant help but think someones holding queue cards. She seems to focus to hard infront of her. Like shes fixed on something.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
Here's one for you to try at home:

only 12% of English speaking people can do this, within 30 seconds find the opposite of these words.

Always, Coming, From, Take, Me, Down.

If you can get it right in under 30 seconds, you are quite talented!!

Never...going.....to.....give.....you.....up.

Pretty easy actually. Took me about 15 seconds.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Why are they filming this in a minivan? Shouldn't this be filmed somewhere professionally?

Also, what are those two girls doing in the back, they are not even talking much.

It looks staged, but give the girl credit for trying to say the words backwards....sounds like a whole new alien language to me

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

That is pretty impressive actually. They were rattling words off like machine gun fire and she was keeping right up with it pretty easily. There goes all my blonde jokes for the day. Gee......thanks Alyssa. Buzzkill

Let's see though.......she can take what a guy SAYS and repeat it linguistically backwards perfectly within seconds.....can she take what a guy DOES and repeat the exact same motion backwards within seconds?

If so, then she's got to be a REAL fun date in bed.

I know......I'm going to hell when I die.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join