It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl can say any word backwards within seconds! Incredible Show of Brain Power!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
This is amazing, the words begin quite simple, until she starts to decode small sentences and reads them out aloud BACKWARDS within a second or two...
Its incredible to think of some of the strange talents people have, it reminds me of a story of an autistic boy who could remember the names and career details of every baseball player from past 50-60 years.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
fake...
or ekaf.
imo.
edit on 31-1-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
so no one has reversed the clip?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Vid was ok, I liked your signature better OP

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

If thats real, I am blown Away! Could be possible, if not bummer dude, But again real, crazy!,

Awesome if its true!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

I really hope someone here on ATS does that for us members to hear, debunk it!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
She's not actually pronouncing the word backwards. She's taking the word and "reading" it backwards.

For instance, I always call Walmart "Tram-law". I don't know why I do this, but it isn't saying wal-mart in reverse, it's just flipping the letters around and reading them that way. The fact that she can take a word and see it in her mind backwards then say it quickly is still pretty impressive, but if you played her backwards you wouldn't hear the proper words.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Wow...some of the replies I get on this site now days really makes me wonder why I bother sharing new content...I would expect this kind of negativity on 4chan but not here,

Cant we all just see it for what it really is? a talent? Just because you cannot do it, doesn't make it fake.
BTW its not a fake, shes been on multiple radio talk shows.

And FIY, use your brain...she is saying the word as it would be pronounced if spelt backwards, saying something in reverse is completely different.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

American Flag was the only one I heard...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo515
Wow...some of the replies I get on this site now days really makes me wonder why I bother sharing new content...I would expect this kind of negativity on 4chan but not here,

Cant we all just see it for what it really is? a talent? Just because you cannot do it, doesn't make it fake.
BTW its not a fake, shes been on multiple radio talk shows.

And FIY, use your brain...she is saying the word as it would be pronounced if spelt backwards, saying something in reverse is completely different.

I think the video and the talent is real - I think this girl is very good at visualizing words in her head and when she does that she can "read" them backward. She probably does GREAT on IQ tests.

And yeah I'm still sayin your sig is pretty cool

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by game over man
American Flag was the only one I heard...

Did you not read the last sentence in the post directly above you? Fail.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

I agree...don't know why I thought you would hear it the right way in reverse. That would be extremely bizarre if that were the case lol. She is incredibly talented. Maybe she is a spelling bee champ?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
This is pretty impressive. No way it's fake. How could you fake this? This is just a girl with a very sharp mind for deciphering the spelling of a certain word quickly and regurgitating how it would sound spelled backwards. Notice how with the more difficult words she asks for repetition to buy herself an extra second?

Pretty cool IMO and proves the wonders of the human brain!

link   
reply to post by game over man

That's because she's pronouncing them the way they'd be written backwards.

When someone says "bank," she says "knab" as in 'nab' with a silent 'k'

Shouldn't be this complicated
edit on 1-2-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

link   
Let me clarify for some people...or better yet here is an experiment.
Record yourself saying a word, then replay it in reverse.
Now spell that word out backwards, and record yourself pronouncing it.

You will notice that they sound COMPLETELY different.
That is what this girl is doing, her mind spells the word backwards in her head, and she pronounces it as though it were normal.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Posted at the same time. I realized how she was pronouncing the words the first time I watched it...Thought I was being polite by posting a video others were asking for, and I left a comment, because maybe, some people can't watch the video...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Agreed.
I've seen people who could do this before, just like how some people can answer ridiculously hard math questions off the top of their head.
Shows you how quick a lot of ATSers are to call a hoax... Even with video proof! Lol

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goldcurrent
This is pretty impressive. No way it's fake. How could you fake this? This is just a girl with a very sharp mind for deciphering the spelling of a certain word quickly and regurgitating how it would sound spelled backwards. Notice how with the more difficult words she asks for repetition to buy herself an extra second?

Pretty cool IMO and proves the wonders of the human brain!

Toads agree....this is not fake....you can tell by her reaction, facial expressions, etc. That's my opinion anyway. Who cares if she is just "reading" it backwards....it's just impressive.

I'm guessing she's an honor student.....

link   
reply to post by Hawking

It's not this complicated...

...detacilpmoc siht ton s'ti

link   
what a bizarre talent.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join