It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richmond Police Department Sgt. Mike Rood made a casual remark about shooting some hackers...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
And then he was virtually assaulted by the same. While of course I could say he brought in on himself by saying on twitter anti-hacker things, he does have the right to say them as a private citizen. It was the fact he was a police member that kind of makes it immoral to say you'd shoot people you don't agree with.

www.webpronews.com...

Since this broke out he deleted his twitter account, since it got him in trouble; the police are investigating one of their own at the behest of Anonymous.

Does this count as the tables turning? Not exactly, but it's a start, some progress into taking down the cops who talk openly about being too powerful.

Uhhhhm, I want to make it clear I do not want to see ATS members phoning this guy or emailing him cause what he did was wrong, but even if the police just gives him a slap on the wrist to satiate the publics demand, he got what he deserved for this careless statement about a desire to kill people fighting for our internet freedoms.

But don't let me stop you.

gawker.com...

A bit more insight, from the oft-mocked gawker website.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I hope those pimple faced nerds ride him like a children's birthday pony. Rawhide!!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Hahaha, that made my lulzy day.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Sachyriel

And the cyber wars have begun. Actually they have been going on for a while. However I would certainly say they are getting more heated. No wonder they want to take the net away. Its has been turned on the criminal gangster government. And is beginning to back fire on them totally. Karma is live and well and looks like it is kicking some butt.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Let that be a lesson to ya.

Don't hack.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I don't believe he was actually saying he would murder hackers. That is an old saying that just means, use all of your available resources and tools to fix the situation. (As a cop those are wire taps, surveillance, interviews, and a whole mess load of other investigation tactics.) However, prefacing it by saying "I am a cop" left him wide open to the worst possible interpretation of his comments.

The dude is seriously an idiot.
edit on 1-2-2012 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I dont know if yall saw this thread
I'm going to destroy America and dig up Marilyn Monroe

Its funny how many people on twitter and other sites are all upset over this LEO getting heat for writing a "stupid post".

IMO LEOs should be held to the same standard, if not a higher standard, as everyone else. Some kids from the UK write a stupid post and get barred from entering the USA and get on a terrorist watch list for life. This LEO writes a stupid post and is going to catch hell from the people.

I do want to say that i do not condone posting anyone's personal information online as this is a massive breach of privacy. On the other hand i could see how people would be more likely to do something like this when the system is against them.

Agree with occupy or not, I think this is great turn-about.

DC

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by xDeadcowx
IMO LEOs should be held to the same standard, if not a higher standard, as everyone else.

I agree. LEOs took an oath to protect and serve and we as a society provide them with special rights in order to do so. Those rights come with the obligation to be (if anything) more ethically upstanding than the average citizen.

We've seen in the past what happens when LEOs cross the line and this one got away pretty lucky.
He acted like a douche and got a "slap on the wrist" for it... it's not like anyone got seriously hurt or something.
edit on 1-2-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join