It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Democrats say Phoenix ATF to blame in ‘Fast & Furious’ fiasco

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Federal agents based in Phoenix were responsible for the controversial tactics used in the flawed gun operation known as “Fast and Furious,” rather than Justice Department officials, according to a report released today by Democrats on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

Proving once again, that all that matters is protecting the party and the POTUS.

“Contrary to repeated claims by some, the Committee has obtained no evidence that Operation Fast and Furious was a politically-motivated operation conceived and directed by high-level Obama Administration political appointees at the Department of Justice,” wrote Rep. Elijah E. Cummings (D-Md.) in a letter to committee members.

Interesting that they can come to such a conclusion considering they don't have ALL the evidence. Issa is threatening Holder with contempt if he doesn't start turning over documents.

thehill.com...

The report, called “Fatally Flawed: Five Years of Gunwalking in Arizona,” found that the ATF’s Phoenix Field Division launched four “reckless operations” between 2006 and 2010, and failed to stop them even after the flaws became evident.

All of their own accord? Well, then, at the very least the department should be investigated for failure to command at the highest level, no?

“The idea that senior political appointees have clean hands in these gunwalking scandals doesn’t pass the laugh test,” said Sen. Charles Grassley (R-Iowa). “The American people want to see those who failed to act be held accountable.”

He took the words right out of my mouth!

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Why wouldn't they try to pin it on the state that is handing the federal government there butts using our constitution? The Federal M.O. has always been to trash who ever doesn't work with them to further their agenda.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Yes I agree and I'm not truly surprised, just disgusted. Seems the whole world's MO is the same, as well.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
How is it they always think that scapegoating and covering up is going to end better than an admission and an apology? Whatever the case, nobody's going to be punished. Nobody has EVER been punished by a congressional or senate investigation. (Well... Ollie North, but he ended up being the hero. Never mind that he was eventually exonerated--even though he was guilty as hell.)

But I agree with those who say that even if it's true that the Arizona bunch thought all this up and mucked it up all on their own--it's still a horrendous failure of leadership. Seriously: I fail to understand how Holder only heard about all this--what did he say in his original testimony?--"a couple of weeks ago"?, when even I and countless other civilians had been hearing about it, for chrissake, for MONTHS! Does he commute to Earth from another g--d--- PLANET?!

edit on 1/31/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
So who's getting arrested and when?????
That's all i want to know

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

YUP!!! Here is a little bit more for you.

The Democrats on the Oversight Committee have begun laying the groundwork for their strategy, and released a document Monday highlighting the fact that gun-walking had been used as far back as 2006, and was used in three previous investigations before Fast and Furious

www.politico.com...

Obamas Democrats looking to put the blame some where else,,,,, Not Them Oh No,,,,, Holder Never Knew A Thing About Any of This,,,,, Such B. S.

edit on 31-1-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

How is it they always think that scapegoating and covering up is going to end better than an admission and an apology? Nobody's going to be punished. Nobody has EVER been punished by a congressional or senate investigation. (Well... Ollie North, but he ended up being the hero. Never mind that he was eventually exonerated--even though he was guilty as hell.)

And when they attempt to punish you - just fake a heart condition - ala John Edwards. You're right - scapegoating and covering up work.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

If Only Obamas Administration Was As Honest As This Poor Soul,, I think more people would have some respect for the Office Of The President of The United States,,,, But With All The Back Stabbing Cowards in Office, We Need More Honest People Like This Man.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Holder is trying to say he didn't know anything about this?

Wouldn't the state office have to requisition funds? And in requisitioning funds, wouldn't they have to give a reason?

If all that happened and escaped his awareness, I think he should be investigated for competence to hold that office.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

But With All The Back Stabbing Cowards in Office, We Need More Honest People Like This Man.

Ah Diogenese,they exist, but are rare and not in positions to make a difference, yet. When they are able to run for office or head up corporations, well hell will freeze over and pigs will fly.
edit on 1-2-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

If all that happened and escaped his awareness, I think he should be investigated for competence to hold that office.

At the very least, but the dems seem to think that's not a problem.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Obama will call it racism and the entire thing will be swept under the carpet

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Ah, the fatal flaw of the psychopathic personality....
Psychopaths are always right, and never make bad decisions....Its always somebody else who dod it...or ruined things or whatever....
This personality trait is so prevalnt in our goverment, that i believe it nessessary for pyschologists to examine the candidates for psychopathy before they are allowed to run anything !

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The Democrats have a long history of blaming everyone who didn't do it the facts are the Democrats and Obama and Holder both Democrats both lying murderers.

Fast and Furious and Gunwalker was a back door deal for more gun legislation and it has passed now the number of weapons a person buys gets reported and if you buy more than 2 in a week you get reported as a terrorist.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Psychopaths do seem to be the steel to the magnet of public office.
edit on 1-2-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Of course they do, yawn. Can't shut em up? Blame em.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Parents of slain border patrol agent sue DOJ

The parents of murdered Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry are suing the Department of Justice and its Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) for $25 million.

www.kpho.com...

I really hope they specifically named Holder in their suit.

new topics

top topics

join