It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ORIGINAL Elephant Painting Incredible

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Back on track with the topic at hand. Compassion, love, cooperation and concern

How close they can sometimes be observed, even with young

Their love of fallen comrades

And their love of water and fun

LightSpeedDriver.Thank you so much for the videos the first one was fantastic i love how all the mom's band together to save the little baby from drowning that is true Compassion, love, cooperation and concern

the second video was just plain cute and yes there were very close to the mother elephant im not sure id venture that close..
3rd video brought tears to my eyes such love and compassion for one that died ..I know dogs can show morning to there masters that have passed ..
4th video they seem to know who that was that passed and showing love towards the corpse these elephants are smart..
5th video Id love to go see these wonderful elephants in the wild there playing in the water like little kids how cute..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
It's amazing how the elephant goes over the same lines precisely!

I just can't help but think the poor animel got beat countless times just to paint a pic for us

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Posters are saying the elephant was beaten to learn how to paint. I cannot tolerate that. In my earlier post I thought the elephant was only coaxed with verbal prompts and elephant treats - that I can live with - not cruelty.

Much Peace...for all animals...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Midnight13
It's amazing how the elephant goes over the same lines precisely!

I just can't help but think the poor animel got beat countless times just to paint a pic for us

I didnt read anywere that the elephants were beaten they were trained with treats with 24/7 trainers at this elephant camp..This animal did not go through horrible tortures in order to learn how to move a stick in the way an human would do....peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
Posters are saying the elephant was beaten to learn how to paint. I cannot tolerate that. In my earlier post I thought the elephant was only coaxed with verbal prompts and elephant treats - that I can live with - not cruelty.

Much Peace...for all animals...

I didnt read anywere that the elephants were beaten they were trained with treats with 24/7 trainers at this elephant camp..This animal did not go through horrible tortures in order to learn how to move a stick in the way an human would do....peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

I sure hope not! it would make me very sad indeed.

I just read another members post saying that they beat them

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Midnight13

Maybe at other places but not at this camp,Beating any animal is just plain wrong and should never happen..Im a true animal lover
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Midnight13

Look at the body language of both the elephant and the handler. I think I can safely say there is no cruelty involved in this video. Many of the Asian countries are most reverent towards the elephant, among other animals. They are also by nature quite a loving and social animal and that love seems to transgress species boundaries, like dolphins, killer whales, cats, dogs and.....many other animals.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

One of the most amazing things I've ever seen. I believe elephants despite their size can be gentle of handled properly just don't get one p'o'd at you and don't go up wind to a herd of wild ones

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1loserel2

One of the most amazing things I've ever seen. I believe elephants despite their size can be gentle of handled properly just don't get one p'o'd at you and don't go up wind to a herd of wild ones

Elephants ,Are gentle souls but ive seen videos were they have gone nuts but thats mostly when there looking for a mate or very upset..They are amazing i never dreamed elephants could learn how to draw and do it better then allot of humans..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
Even if the Elephant is "trained" to paint a certain image it still takes a huge amount of intelligence to remember how to draw, what to draw, etc. Imagine trying to train your dog to paint a picture of a dog, it just couldn't comprehend what to do no matter how many times you tried to teach it to.

A bunch of people are saying that they beat the elephants in order to make them do it. I don't know how true it is, but I wouldn't doubt it.

I know this because I live and work with elephants here in Thailand. No elephant in the world teaches themselves to paint. Every elephant here paints the same pictures. They're all the same because they are forced to do it. I've seen the training myself. A brush is taped to the trunk and they are guided over about 1 month to paint a specific picture. They are hit with a bull hook to the back of the head if they make a mistake. Sorry to spoil your illusions but trust me it's the truth, I seen it.

The elephant with the injured front leg was from a landmine in an illegal logging operation on the Burmese border. Basically every elephant you see painting, in a trekking camp or doing circus tricks has been pajaan trained. They are put in a wooden crate and brutally beaten for up to 1 week in order to break their spirit. Every elephant that paints has been through this. Please be responsible and do not buy products from Thailand that ridicule and cause harm to our national symbol.

edit on 2/1/2012 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/1/2012 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

Whether they're beat or not, this is not normal elephant behavior. It's just more circus tricks. I started watching the video but turned it off. It made me sick. Why can't we just leave them alone?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillarie

Thank you for confirming my doubts. I was in two minds and was not sure. Turn the tables and see how the humans like being in a crate and being beaten until their spirit is broken.

Heartbreaking but I am glad you shared the brutal truth.

Much Peace... to all abused animals...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join