It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Rally Today in Colorado Springs! (full video and pictures!)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Today, WookieP and I ventured down to the Ron Paul Rally point here in Colorado Springs. Here are some videos that highlight our time spent there (the last one is the most important one though):

The huge line 1 HOUR before it even started...

Prepping the people for Ron Paul before he shows up

The best speech ever!

Will edit video soon,
1:06 is when it starts though, really. I will post times for when he talks about the issues at a later time.
To see the times for what actually happens in the video (when he brings up certain topics and stuff) check out the description in my youtube video, on youtube

Sorry there were some times that the camera was being blocked, I was paying so much attention to real life Ron Paul I may have neglected my camera duties!

Hopefully everyone gets a chance to watch some of these videos. When the media distorts reality, it is up to us all to see local events and "real life" politicians. The TV can bring only so much to his incredible message. Hopefully this video helps prove Ron Paul's supporters have a chance at helping him get elected! I also hope this helps, even if by only one more person, awaken the public's eyes to what Ron Paul is really trying to say. This rally was one of the best speeches I have ever seen him make!

Ron Paul 2012!
edit on 31-1-2012 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

Also check out my other political threads if possible to keep the Revolution alive!
Media
Newt Gingrich
Skipped Ron Paul at the Debate
Mitt Romney
Rick Santorum

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
i wish the audio was better quality but awesome experience eh!?.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Patchman

Yeah a couple of times at the beginning... sigh... I put my finger on the speaker while holding the camera! But, I noticed it pretty early on and I became conscious about it. And yes, awesome experience!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I've been waiting all day to post on this! Just been waiting for youtube to to finally respect Physicsadept LOL. For anyone confused I am his father muhahah.

Anyway, I snapped some pics and he got all the video, well save 1 that someone else posted that you will see shortly.

Note: The timestamp on these pics is incorrect. My camera is obviously wrong. This was TODAY!

As Physics showed, the line was pretty long an hour before the rally...

Then this guy introduced Ron Paul to the crowd when the rally finally kicked off..

This rally took place in a kind of...strange location. The old main airport in Colorado Springs. There were huge hangar doors...At first I joked saying "watch, when Ron enters, these huge hangar doors are going to open LOL" Jokingly of course....however I was proven right. Check out this boss entrance!! (the only video Physics didn't take in this thread)

I can't embedd, but watch this, it's awesome!

www.youtube.com...

Next, Ron Paul got on stage to speak...

Once the speech was over, I decided I would TRY to get the Dr. to sign something... My son (Physicsadept) had coincidentally been given a book on the Federal Reserve by one of his teachers and had it with him. I figured, hey that's kinda ironic, let's ask Paul to sign this instead of your standard "sign my Ron Paul sign".. So after the rally I fought through the crowd and quite literally almost knocked over a huge speaker not too far away from Dr. Paul, woops! It was pretty chaotic. I managed to make my way through and strectch my arm out as far as I could. Paul grabbed the book and signed it. He gave a nice smirk while reading the book title.
Unfortunately, someone's big head was in the way when that moment happened. Here is Ron signing that book, and yes I'm in this shot...somewhere.

Here is the book that Ron Paul signed for Physics....thanks to me, and the suffering I endured. J/k

It was a great rally and a great speech. Sorry if the guy to the left is yelling a little too loud, doh!

Edit: oh yeah, this gets a big S&F from me.

edit on 31-1-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patchman
i wish the audio was better quality but awesome experience eh!?.

Hmm, I dunno I think the sound is pretty good all things considered! It gets slightly muffeled at a couple points for a second or 2 , but everything can be heard pretty well for the most part IMO!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I guess I am most thankful that the sound could even be heard with people cheering RIGHT next to me
HA!

But yes I just got my camera so I am still working out how to use it, I think I learned a good lesson today, but am thankful that in the end just about every word he said could be audible in my video. I mean, the man has important words, I do not wish for them to be distorted. That's why we have the MSM!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Well, I have noticed that pretty much any muffleing is caused by claps in the speech vid. Probably mostly my claps since I was standing right next to you lol. So if anything, it's a simple result of your camera prioritizing nearby noise and my clapping, not any lack of recording skills on your behalf. Still sounded just fine to me. Good job.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I am shocked that this thread doesn't have more views. That is cool that you guys got to see RP live. Sounds so pure and lively according to the video you provided. Did the rally have a lot of good vibes?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
I am shocked that this thread doesn't have more views. That is cool that you guys got to see RP live. Sounds so pure and lively according to the video you provided. Did the rally have a lot of good vibes?

LOL we are too...it's kinda like WTF. ATS can be a tough crowd sometimes.
The rally had AWESOME vibes. I've never been to a political rally in my life, nor has my son. It was full of passion and people who really did "get it".

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

I can honestly say that I felt at home. For the first time I was with a crowd of people, all of which appeared to be awake. And they were at a Ron Paul thing, so I can confidently say that they were all awake! It is something I would do weekly if given the chance.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I can tell you are very excited about the event. Thanks for the thread and videos. I enjoyed them very much. RP is doing good in Maine and lets hope he takes Colorado.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

Caucuses begin in Maine, results kept under wraps

Paul just spent a two-day campaign swing through Maine. “What is it that Ron Paul brings to the table that gets you young folks involved?” Bill Russell asked. “It’s the idealism,” Brakey said. “He’s the candidate who says that principles matter.” Another reason is that he believes the federal government under Paul would cut spending on “useless things like stupid turtle tunnels.” “It’s going to be left to the young people to pay it off,” he said. After he left the caucus, Brakey said that his campaign did not allow him to answer more clarifying questions, including where he is based as the regional director. Paul was the only candidate who had representatives attend the Unity caucus. Another young person in attendance Sunday was Jami Childress, a 20-year-old Thomas College junior. Attendees voted for her to be the next party chairperson for their town, as the Russells are moving to Burnham. Although she favors Mitt Romney for president, Childress said that Ron Paul’s campaign got a boost in Unity, thanks to his representatives showing up at the caucus and the candidate’s visit to Maine. “I think it definitely gave Ron Paul a big lead here in Unity, and in Waldo County in general,” she said.

No numbers to back it yet, but I would say that I agree.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

You dog. I want an autograph. I wish he would come to KY. I was hoping maybe because Rand won here he would. Don't know if it's on the agenda though.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Lol, it wasn't easy! If you get the opprotunity, show up EARLY! Dr. Paul is very hard to get a signature from and I recommend getting a good spot!
Thanks for your post!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Ohh thank you for posting. I have not watched the videos yet, but I just wanted to say I have been seeing updates all day on my facebook while I was at work. The reported crowds for Ron Paul have been 1000+ everywhere he has went in Colorado. Lots of pictures were posted as well and it looks so exciting. I can't wait to watch the videos.

Thanks again for posting

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Paul has a lot of support in Colorado indeed! Please view the videos/pics when you can, it was an awesome experience.
Thanks for the post! I'm off to bed finally, but I hope this thing gets more steam! Ron Paul 2012!
edit on 1-2-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yeah it's hard to find out this kind of stuff honestly. We did not receive word of it until a day before it happened. I think with most people that is how it was too. The only place I even heard of it being mentioned was in the local news paper, and even still I heard it was a brief article tucked away somewhere. Just keep your eyes open and listen to your peers, you never know when he might show up. I'd say the most likely time is a bout a week before your caucus to so be alert two weeks before your caucus if you know what I mean

But yeah, everyone knew about it a say before hand, it was scheduled for a Tuesday at 2 p.m.... and look how many people still showed up! It is a fantastic support system that Dr. Paul has, IMO.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Yeah watch it when you can fond time. You are a bit lucky for whaiting actually, and if you are really strapped for time then here are the approximate times of when certain things were said. Check out what you need to

01:20 Doors open!
01:50 Ron Paul begins! (intro)
02:35 Starts on Economy/Constitution
04:50 Cutting Spending by reducing overseas funds
05:55 Bring troops home
06:15 We need more defense
08:25 We do not need to sacrifice liberty
08:40 repeal Patriot Act
09:30 TSA is an abuse!
09:50 Blame both political sides, (but current administration is especially annoying)
10:30 Assassination of American citizens without charge
11:50 NDAC
12:45 Right to keep hard earned money is the people's right.
14:10 END THE FED, END THE FED!
14:45 At least audit the fed (but end it if possible)
15:45 Wealthy deserves depression, not middle class
16:30 Everyone should be treated equally
17:20 Use liberty as you choose to
17:45 Welfare and pals makes the economy broke
19:0 Defend liberty for a country's wealth
19:45 We have no right to tell other countires how they mess up
20:25-20:50 We are a great country until we try to force it on others
21:15 We are really more of a republic
22:05 Government should be limited and there to defend liberties
24:00 VOTE! (for Ron Paul of course)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

So I start my day with a look at few news sites just to see what is going on in the world. Get to CNN.com and see the Florida GOP results. It shows Romney, Newt, and Santorum. I think to myself "where is Ron Paul" and click the link for the overall results and see that Paul was 3rd in front of Santorum!

CNN blatanly left out Paul on thier home page.... and who says the media is not ignoring Paul?

What a joke; they are scared silly to think that Ron Paul even has a chance.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CORN IS NUTS

Paul wasn't 3rd. He finished well behind Santorum in Florida. He did OK here in my county. Newt actually won my county, and Ron Paul ended up with 11% of the vote here in this county, but overall in Florida it was a bad showing for Paul.

He still more than doubled his 2008 performance, but not enough to challenge the frontrunners. Of course, he didn't campaign here, so it was to be expected.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join