It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hippy Do-Gooders have Destroyed the World

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

Shut up , cartman!! Hahaha I just had to say it!!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NoLoveInFear46and2

You seem a little irritable, Kyle. You got some sand in your [SNIP]?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Cartman: Hippies.They're everywhere. They wanna save the earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad.

Cartman: I hate hippies! I mean, the way they always talk about "protectin' the earth" and then drive around in cars that get poor gas mileage and wear those stupid bracelets - I hate 'em! I wanna kick 'em in the nuts!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Its german, not dutch...

Its also a very heavy title to give to yourself, but by reading this thread it seems he must be proud to have that name, he thinks he's better then others.

But hey, what do I care, this guy hates me already, even though he doesnt know me, he doesnt know my stances on politics and 'saving the earth'.
Apparently, because I and with me among others, think different then him makes us the 'world-destroyers'.

Oh well, I guess we could always escape to Mars in 2020 with the republican spaceplan after they ruined the earth for "a better living"

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Look at countries where these 'Hippy Do-Gooders' were not active. The former Soviet Union turned most of Eastern Europe into an industrial wasteland. Polution levels are off the charts and the people living there are paying the price. The same is true of India, China and several other areas where environmentalism was just an inconvenience. They're destroyed their forests, poluted their water, air and soil with all manner of industrial pollutants. Short-sightedness in the extreme. We're destroying the planet and are already paying the price for that failed stewardship. Sorry that the people trying to preserve some measure of quality of life for your grandchildren bother you. What a tool.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

The former Soviet Union turned most of Eastern Europe into an industrial wasteland. Polution levels are off the charts and the people living there are paying the price.

Really? While probably more polluted than the west, I think you are painting the issue as much worse than reality.

The same is true of India, China and several other areas where environmentalism was just an inconvenience. They're destroyed their forests, poluted their water, air and soil with all manner of industrial pollutants. Short-sightedness in the extreme.

Is it short-sightedness, or a natural course of economic development? A country needs to be wealthy first to be able to afford clean environment. Environmentalism IS just an inconvenience, when the population often lacks basic needs to survive in dignity. Industrial revolution is usually a messy thing, and todays developed countries were not much different sometime in the past.

Environmentalism is a worthy cause, but I do also understand the mindset of those who consider it an inconvenience in some cases.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

TextEnvironmentalism is a worthy cause, but I do also understand the mindset of those who consider it an inconvenience in some cases.

It would help alot if there were actual results and sensible ideas.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Sure...

Eastern Europe

India

China

Indonesia

I could go on and on. But hopefully you get the picture.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by tetriswoooo
what the hell is wrong with you we do need to do something about global warming and other environmental issues but its the companies that dont care and want you to suffer not the environmentalists the big oil companies cant wait untill oil starts to dry up and they can sell us gas at $50 per gallon then swoop in as the last drop is gone and save the day and become heroes

That has to be the longest sentence that I've read in quite a while. I guess that things like periods and commas just slow you down, huh?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
All these hippys to save trees from getting ruined or to prevent hazards of nature from big money corporations should be detained while put into fema camps! I love your thinking, great idea? Lmfao?
edit on 1-2-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by anthonygillespie2012
All these hippys to save trees from getting ruined or to prevent hazards of nature from big money corporations should be detained, put into fema camps! I love your thinking, great thread. Lmfao

Maybe we could round them all up and find a rainforest to banish them to. Theres gotta be something we can do.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch

All these hippys to save trees from getting ruined or to prevent hazards of nature from big money corporations should be detained, put into fema camps! I love your thinking, great thread. Lmfao

Maybe we could round them all up and find a rainforest to banish them to. Theres gotta be something we can do.

Do you work for some kind of company that wanted to do a project that had hippy protests or something to halt it? You have alot anger against nature lovers but really these people are not destroying the world.

If someone were to dump radioactive material over your house that can cause illness, disease, loss of childbirth, how would feel? Ask yourself. The earth feels the same but differently.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Gotta thank the OP for a good laugh... my day had been starting out kind of bad, now I have something I can reflect back upon and get a good

Hippies are destroying the world... oh my gawd, my ribs hurt...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Dems = waste

haha, makes sense now. i am neither dem nor rep, but probably lean more rep as i am fairly conservative. i am most def a hippie lol, but i have no version of any Apple product, i really hate skinny jeans, and i could give two poo's about a dang whale/tree/shrub, blah blah blah. i think this is an old extreme right winger whom desperately blames all issues on the dem party. both parties do the same amount of nothing as they are both controlled by the same puppet master. i bet you also believe the twins Romney and Obama are extreme opposites too right? lol... so much negative feelings inside you man. have a drink and relax

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Do you work for some kind of company that wanted to do a project that had hippy protests or something to halt it? You have alot anger against nature lovers but really these people are not destroying the world.

Yep. You got me. Those damn hippies have ruined my life.
Im on a crusade against them

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hippies are the corporatists best customers

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Do you have a single clue regarding real hippies? Not "Eric Cartman" hippies, and not GOP / MSM hippies, but the real thing?

Based on comments like this, I think not.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
You definitely are an uber...something...

Volation of ATS T&C doesn't permit me to say what.

61 Year old *original*, war protesting hippy....Des
edit on 1-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic

Do you have a single clue regarding real hippies? Not "Eric Cartman" hippies, and not GOP / MSM hippies, but the real thing?

Based on comments like this, I think not.

Yeah,we went through it already. I dont blame you for not reading the whole thread,its pretty long.

Beatnix,Flower Power,Vietnam...

But hippies are more inclined to buy a product because it has some 'green seal of approval' on it. Often corporations own smaller business and dont put their names to it to fool gullable hippies.

And if you are getting at the hippy communes and the whole anti establishment thing yeah I know.

I think its obvious what I mean though. Real hippies are a spec of the population. I mean the hypocrite try-hard hippies that are the vast majority of environmentalists that sit around cheerleading for the corporatists.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
You definitely are an uber...something...

Volation of ATS T&C doesn't permit me to say what.

61 Year old *original*, war protesting hippy....Des
edit on 1-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Ha! An 'uber[SNIP]'? Thats pretty agressive for a hippy.

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join