It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hippy Do-Gooders have Destroyed the World

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by theubermensch

I will give you that most hippie music today sucks (..phish bleh), and there are pseudo hippies that suck. Those I think are more into hippie chic though. Actual hippies usually don't both anyone, actually they try to stay off the grid as much as possible. A lot of the green initiatives are put forth not by hippies, but by idiot liberals (i for the most part AM a liberal, I still know then when I see them) that get concerned about an idea and then let the government swoop in with an answer that has an obvious ulterior motive.

I totally agree. I dont really have a problem with their causes,its more how they are hijacked and used against us.
To be honest I have always been on the left but I see voting for a party like the dems as being futile. I dont think reps are much better but like I said I dont see Ron Paul as being a true Republican. He is certainly a conservative though and I think America needs a true conservative running things to get back on track.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by theubermensch
reply to post by SaturnFX

TextIf he is targetting just AIDS, then guess what...that is very much an anti-gay stance. All or nothing.

It isnt. If leftists were into junkee rights then he would be accused of being ant-junkee.

He is libertarian not anti-gay.

If you target a group because you disapprove of their lifestyle, then you are against, or anti, that group.

You are suggesting aids is a disease based off a lifestyle choice (being gay). that makes him anti-gay by the very definition.
Junkies...what types? alcoholics? mary smokers? (he is pro-legalization btw..why many of the kids like him),

Actually, I am stepping out of this thread. its becoming too surreal and scattered to even try to follow. Your a Ron Paul fan...congrats. incidently, Ron Paul is super uber democrat in regards to his foreign policy ideals...and some of his domestic ideas are also liberal (such as legalize it, let women go into "massage' businesses, etc)...so, arguably he is far more democratic than republican if you demand shoving him into a two party system. Your bigger threat to him is Romney/Gingrich types moreso than Obama. If Paul ran, he could very much challenge Obama...but he is running as a republican..therefore your true enemy is the GOP by 1000%

Them damn neocons are the ruiners for your Ron Paul utopia.

seeya

have a good one

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

"Hippy Do-Gooders have Destroyed the World"@,,yes, apparently
MintBerryCruch @
has gone down in a very minty,,but exceddingly, crunchy way,,,
Iguess thats it ,,,Hippy Do-Gooders have Destroyed the World,,,,
whats that?
there is still ,,,whooo?,
,Kenny@? ,,,ya ,,Kenny@,,
The

" ? ",@,,,,still goes unanswered,,

sorry thought it was SouthPart@,,,episode.

@Copyright's Apply.

Me.

sarcasm :
@
edit on 1-2-2012 by BobAthome because: sorry forgot a @

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Ha!

God damn hippies!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Were you ever a Hippy?

Were you even aline during the Hippy movement?

Do you even know what the Hippy movement was about?

I was a leftist liberal and somewhat of a hippy yes.

Not from the 60s though. Im talking new age envirohippies

I woke up.

You woke up? You woke up to what?

Somewhat of a Hippie - - - but not during the 60s? So you don't really even know what a Hippie was?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Ive seen some doco's.

You can tell me if you want.

And yeah,somewhat. I am pretty liberal at the end of the day.still
edit on 1-2-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

And what I woke up to is the fact that 'liberal political parties do not represent the liberal person.

I feel the same way about Democrats as Malcolm X did.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Yep.. I support Ron Paul in most things (especially his foreign policy lol), but I think we need and could easily afford a public option for free healthcare if we reduced our spending on both war and stupid programs. I don't know why people are so afraid that if universal healthcare exists they are suddenly going to lose the option to get private healthcare if they want it. I am 26, I can't afford insurance right now. I work full time, and need to get back in school. I honestly need an option, but no one is offering one right now. So I am voting for Ron Paul because he is the only one that will get some of the spending under control. I hope to vote for a liberal that is quality as RP is sometime in the future.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I agree. I think public utilities should be owned by the public and infrastructure. I aslo see the public sector as essentail.

But I see both parties running governments like a business instead of a service to the public so Ron Paul may as well sell it off.

Its strange for me to support Ron Paul because I do disagree on some things he stands for passionatley but at the end of the day I see him as the best option by far.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Its strange for me to support Ron Paul because I do disagree on some things he stands for passionatley but at the end of the day I see him as the best option by far.

Real Hippies would probably support Ron Paul. It began as an anti-war political movement by college students (not dropouts).

So you even know why they are called Hippies?

The drug culture was a completely different movement that just happened to coincide with the political movement. Drugs were actually the destruction -- not the culture.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

They do. I met a few last year at some Occupy rallies. I was there supporting the protest and RP.
I mean.. I'm talking Rainbow kids supporting Paul. It was interesting to see.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Well I think do nothing is a bit odd to say. Most hippish people I know do try to do something, but they prefer to do it in a way that will cause the least amount of harm, non violent peaceful protest, I see nothing wrong with that. And even though most times they dont win, they raise awareness and get people talking about it. As to the environment issue, one word, fracking.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Annee

They do. I met a few last year at some Occupy rallies. I was there supporting the protest and RP.
I mean.. I'm talking Rainbow kids supporting Paul. It was interesting to see.

I know. Hippies - - the real original Hippie movement was about politics. About the Vietnam war. They were anti-war.

It was a movement started by 4 college students. Not dropouts. And Not druggies.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Well I think do nothing is a bit odd to say. Most hippish people I know do try to do something, but they prefer to do it in a way that will cause the least amount of harm, non violent peaceful protest, I see nothing wrong with that. And even though most times they dont win, they raise awareness and get people talking about it. As to the environment issue, one word, fracking.

Yeah,I get what you are saying. I guess the people that annoy me most are the try-hards. The people that think being some kind of hippy is a fashion statement or makes them cool or something.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I'd argue that it was the consciousness expanding effects of some of those "drugs" that woke people up and started the hippie revolution. I'd also agree that it was the misuse and overuse of some of those same "drugs" that led to the eventual downfall of the movement. They had the right intentions initially but there was too much naivety and no respect for the very tools that had awoken them. It was all too novel, with none wise enough to take guide -- and inevitably most lost themselves and became overindulged in the moment.

But rest assured, the movement is being revived and it is growing everyday... only this time, with a greater respect for the shamanistic philosophy that is necessary to see us through to a much more free and liberated, though sustainable, society.

I believe the Ron Paul revolution to be a key part of this movement, whether or not he get's elected. The seeds have been planted, and nothing can prevent the great tree from growing ever bigger.

Lookin' forward to it!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Real Hippies would probably support Ron Paul. It began as an anti-war political movement by college students (not dropouts).

So you even know why they are called Hippies?

The drug culture was a completely different movement that just happened to coincide with the political movement. Drugs were actually the destruction -- not the culture.

TextIt was about vietnam,it was about lots of things.

Like I said vietnam. And yeah I know Ive seen doco's. There are parallels between the whole hippy thing and OWS. I have seen clips of people protesting getting the crap beat out of them by police. Those people werent just 'hippies' but the media is used to make people that protest seem like freaks and weirdo's.

And I could google search and I might know but forgot but why are they called hippies?

They were hip?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Haven't we done enough to the Native Americans? Also, this pipeline isn't gonna create enough jobs to make a dent in this recession...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I was under the impression that the word "hippy" derives from the word hip ,hipster ,,
someone who is in tune with the time / age they live in and around,

it has more to do with the 40´s beatnik generation then the 60´s or 70´s flower power movement

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
I was under the impression that the word "hippy" derives from the word hip ,hipster ,,
someone who is in tune with the time / age they live in and around,

it has more to do with the 40´s beatnik generation then the 60´s or 70´s flower power movement

Those damn lazy filthy beatnix with their spoken word and turtlenecks. Its all their fault.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

No global warming for 15 years...we may be cycling into record freezing...get off the global warming crap already...everyone knows the truth, you can't use it for power anymore, it's laughable.

I agree with the op....enviromentalists would rather us go back to the dark ages and alot of powerful people who can make money off "green" crap are using them to their benefit. What a joke.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join