It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hippy Do-Gooders have Destroyed the World

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I like how Oliver gives it to 'celebrity protesters'. Would anybody care if it wasnt en vougue to stomp around like an environazi? The US economy is a mess and these hippies have nothing better to do than stop something that will create jobs? Yet Im sure the people that protested the pipeline have no problem with Obamas crony capitalism grants to failed 'clean energy' projects like solyndra. Hippies don't want us to be able to afford electricity or fuel or even water. They want us to pay 'carbon tax' and feel bad about our 'carbon footprint'. They want to use taxpayer money to fund their unfounded crusade against the human race. If these hippies want conservation they should stop being fooled by the likes Obama and vote for a conservative. The Democrats make fools of all you hippies. They are laughing at you.
reply to post by theubermensch

Are you really so ignorant to believe what you are saying? Hippies and democrats are destroying America and the republicans will save us? Man that is the best laugh I had today.

The fact is the American economy is failing, because of NAFTA and the Global Trade Agreement. Those two treaties, removed taxes and tariffs on most imports making it cheaper for "international formally known as American" corporations to ship all the jobs over seas.

Now who is responsible for NAFTA and the GTA......hmmm lets think. Bush Sr (R) started those agreements, Clinton (D) expanded them to some degree, Bush Jr. (R) added on to them and now lately Obama (D) expanded NAFTA with the addition of allowing Mexican trucks to cross the US.

As you can see two of the culprits to this act of economic high treason were members of your precious republican party, so if you think the (R)s are going to save you, you sir, are deluded.

The fact is neither the republicans are democrats are going to repeal NAFTA or the GTA or do anything to turn around the great mess of "free" trade that is gutting this nation. People have to wake up stop blaming hippies, democrats, republicans, etc and just figure out that all the politicians are corrupt and NONE OF THEM WORK FOR THE PEOPLE ANY MORE.

edit on 31-1-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typos

link   

Originally posted by CapSolo
Enjoy your Fox news

I bet you have never even watched Fox News.

I do like it. Its funny and has the hottest chicks.

Fox is no worse than the leftist media you must watch

link   

Originally posted by theubermensch
Has anyone noticed that the worlds biggest problem is hysterical do-nothing do-gooder hippies?

I agree we should have never turned it over to the Rappers, we won against the Doo-Whops and gave it to the Rappers on a Silver Platter.

edit on 31-1-2012 by Gmoneycricket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Wow, I had no idea we could eat, drink, breath, and clothe ourselves with one dollar bills. I'll be damned.

I stand corrected.
The economy of fiat currency is going to save our sorry butts from extinction.

Huh...
Who knew ?!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by prisoneronashipoffools

TextAre you really so ignorant to believe what you are saying? Hippies and democrats are destroing America and the republicans will save us? Man that is the best laugh I had today.

Yep a Republican named Ron Paul can save you.

Obama is destroying America. Can he fool you all twice?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

cartman? Is that you?

"I HATE TEH HIPPIEZ!" - Eric Cartman, Every Episode of South Park. You guys cud probably relate
edit on 31-1-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Hippies destroyed the world???
Gimmee a minute, I am looking out my window and yep, the world is still outside today. Looks like it will be that way for most of the afternoon. It is your Over Lords that are doing the destroying, Sir "Ueber" mensch.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The Doo-Whops threaten us with The Blob, The Thing, Etc.
We hit them back with Charles Manson and won.
Then we just gave it to the Rappers.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Wow, I had no idea we could eat, drink, breath, and clothe ourselves with one dollar bills. I'll be damned.

I stand corrected.
The economy of fiat currency is going to save our sorry butts from extinction.

Huh...
Who knew ?!

Ron Paul is not for fiat currency. Obama is.

Vote for a conservative.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sachyriel
ATS is about denying ignorance, not making popular assumptions about those who speak truth to power. Their unpopular opinions have real scientific evidence, technologically unsustainable lifestyles can not continue forever or we will be our own destruction.

I am all for sustainability.

But the economy is more important than loving whales.

There will always be an economy so long as humans exist.
The same may not be said for whales, or any other lifeform we decide is trumped by economy.
But..what does this have to do with whales? You want to eat them or something?

Like I am somewhat a fan of the zeitgeist movement. I think we should move to a resource based society but not at the expense of our standard of living.

How very 19th century of you.
Information however is becoming the main resource of the globe..and much of the west is falling behind the rest.
our standard of living is compromised by corporations using slave labor overseas and removing jobs here...corporate favoritism by the government, and ultimately wealth disparity between the "classes" in the west to a have and have not environment.

These companies like Solyndra and the like are as interested in profit just as much as any oil company.

Yes, companys tend to want to make money. This is shocking to you?
Incidently, Solyndra went belly up, but I am assuming your discussing green energy (better solar panels, etc). Which part of new forms of clean energy do you oppose?

The democrats wont help the environment anymore than conservatives but the difference is that the Democrats waste more.

Not sure if I follow. "democrats" embodies about 35% of the population of the united states. You will find its a fairly diverse group of mindsets...from corporate dems that want a strong middle class to sell them tons of stuff, to your typical tree hugging type that will only play guitar for tips as work and everything in between.

One thing you can be assured..when you make a general statement about a broad group of person, you have only identified yourself as ignorant beyond comprehension.

Dems = waste

I hereby label this thread, "Dem" then.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gmoneycricket

Then the Rappers gave it to the [oh lord]

[dear god]

The Hipsters. We are in trouble.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

you are mistaken

Establishment Evil-Doers have Destroyed the World

and remember:

There has never been, is no, and never will be
a Superman [Ubermensch]
we are only bridges

is that teddy Roosevelt? you do know he was a war-mongering bigot?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Reply to post by theubermensch

Why do people protest the keystone pipeline? Well, here in Nebraska people are wise to be weary because the proposed route will go right over the Ogallala aquifer, which accounts for 30% of our irrigation water and over 80% of our drinking water. Its one of the largest aquifers in the world and another BP incident would cripple our nations food, water, and fuel supply. And these farmers are a far cry from the hippies you claim them to be.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

reply to post by prisoneronashipoffools

TextAre you really so ignorant to believe what you are saying? Hippies and democrats are destroing America and the republicans will save us? Man that is the best laugh I had today.

Yep a Republican named Ron Paul can save you.

Obama is destroying America. Can he fool you all twice?

The sad fact is even if Ron Paul gets elected he isn't going to stop NAFTA or the GTA, because congress will never put any bills like that up for him to sign. And seeing as your still blaming one man, ie Obama, instead of all the politicians on both sides of the aisle, for the economic mess, it kind of shows your still the one being fooled. Not to mention the fact the republicans will do all in their power to keep Ron Paul from getting their nomination.

The whole system is indeed rigged but not by democrats or republicans but by all politicians in general.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I am all for sustainability.

Yet no sustainability matters if you don't have a planet to live on. Am I right?

But the economy is more important than loving whales.

Wrong. The broken system we call the economy is part of the problem. The entire monetary system of this country, and the world for that matter, is nothing but a rat race to pay for a status quo that does nothing but breed war, greed, the hoarding of cash, and the waste of resources. Save the whales, harpoon a banker.

Like I am somewhat a fan of the zeitgeist movement. I think we should move to a resource based society but not at the expense of our standard of living.

Again, your standard of living is what's wrong with this planet. We need less waste, more efficiency, and more community-based societies with less emphasis on national programs, which only offer blanket solutions and do nothing for local specific issues.

These companies like Solyndra and the like are as interested in profit just as much as any oil company. The democrats wont help the environment anymore than conservatives but the difference is that the Democrats waste more.

"Solyndra and the like" companies are in it for the money, but the difference between them and big oil is that they do promote cleaner living, whether they really care they're doing it or not.

Dems = waste

The status quo equals waste, whether you're a Democrat, Republican, Centrist, or an Anarchist. Anyone who wants to uphold the "standard of living" is what's holding mankind stagnant, not those who're irritating you with their preaching and protesting, their pushing for change. Hate all you want, but look yourself in the mirror first and ask "What the hell have I done lately?"

edit on 31-1-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

if the only way for you to live was to nuke the world, and you would be flung into space and survive 60 years would you do it?

if you were a cancer on your host body, you would continue to be fruitful multiply, progress and spread for you and your own sake, but when you suck all the life out of your host, and there is more cancer then energy, you too will regress back from the dark depths of which the idea of you came.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

the 'hippy' 'movement' was hijacked by the american government and guided into being nothing more than a drug and 'new age spiritual' subculture, because it stood a potent threat to the corrupt workings of the world leaders. this was done via CIA and connected individuals wthin the movement.

there is indeed a reason '___' was invented by the government and then quickly put on the streets and popularized, among other drugs at the time, and indeed right now.

but the OP is correct, this hijacked version of what was a peaceful and beautiful subculture in american definitely became something hideous.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

TextYes, companys tend to want to make money. This is shocking to you? Incidently, Solyndra went belly up, but I am assuming your discussing green energy (better solar panels, etc). Which part of new forms of clean energy do you oppose?

I oppose the profit.

I think moving to solar should be a 'public works' thing. Not some profit making scam. Since that isnt realistic in a capitalist society then we may as well go with Ron Paul.

I am baffled to see a rise in pro obama stuff on ATS since alot have given up on Ron Paul.

Wouldnt voting for obama again make you stupid? I cant see why people would consider it.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

TextSave the whales, harpoon a banker.

Seems like harpooning a Japanese person would be more help but Im all for harpooning bankster

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Originally posted by Gmoneycricket

Then the Rappers gave it to the [oh lord]

[dear god]

The Hipsters. We are in trouble.

I did leave out Disco
But I am not sure if that was a battle, or just hippies going through withdraw,
but we took Short Circuit 2 as a serous warning to our future.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join