It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hippy Do-Gooders have Destroyed the World

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch

I guess I am channeling Cartman maybe. I just mean enviromentalists. I mean people that enjoy the smell of their own gas.

And it makes me angry that people would protest something that would create jobs when they are badly needed. I dont think thats ridiculous. Hippies really annoy me.

Live and let live? If you are so against them, then take the jobs that they aren't wanting. Problem solved. You can keep watching your cartoons.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

...our standard of living...

As in "God bless our way of life".
Gotta be American, consumer of resources bar none.

link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

TextNow to address this equally ludicrous statement, May I ask how it is an unfounded crusade against the human race, when or if you refer to my above noted point, you will note that people are trying to actively encourage better, cheaper and less hazardous ways of living and sustenance?

I saw an ad on tv the other day advertising ceiling fans. The selling point was that they will save you money on your electric bill. I thoughtwtf?

We are going backwards. We should be able to run an airconditioner or heater without paying a fortune for it. We can thank hippies for the rise in energy prices.

It not me thats from the 70's. You guys want to go backwards.

link   
Wow - a super market tabloid-ish, racist, hatin thread. Yay.

Is it too late to learn how to goose step?

This kind of thread makes me embarassed to be a member here.

Maybe next this member will discuss his/her/its disdain for people of color as well.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

What?!?!?! err no

Khazarian, New world order, Illuminati scum are the reason for the state the world is in. Not "hippy do gooders" as you put it

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sachyriel
ATS is about denying ignorance, not making popular assumptions about those who speak truth to power. Their unpopular opinions have real scientific evidence, technologically unsustainable lifestyles can not continue forever or we will be our own destruction.

I am all for sustainability.

But the economy is more important than loving whales.

Like I am somewhat a fan of the zeitgeist movement. I think we should move to a resource based society but not at the expense of our standard of living.

These companies like Solyndra and the like are as interested in profit just as much as any oil company. The democrats wont help the environment anymore than conservatives but the difference is that the Democrats waste more.

Dems = waste

I think you are making assumptions on the entire green movements on a few facts based on your own observations based on those who are vocal, rather than those who are correct. You find those who are correct have no need to be vocal, their evidence is laid out to be recognized, rather than argued.

While I respect that you have a skeptical mind when thinking about these people, I think you are poisoning the well you hope to drink from later; why should they listen to you when all you do is say they're wrong based on the assumption of guilt by association?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Text yet they all have ipad2's and the latest gadgets that caused more tree killing and pollution than anything else

Exactly. And all that stuff they force us to 'recycle' costs more in pollution driving those trucks around to pick it up than if we just threw it in the bin.

They dont care about the result. Its more about that 'morally superior' validation that they seek.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
If you continue forward the way you go forward, you'll soon face a wall, I can assure you.
We cannot live the way we are living anymore, and there won't be a second chance.

Progress can happen without destroying our home. We can continue to go forward, in another more healthy direction.
There's no 'forward' or 'backward'. There's only evolution, and the way we evolved, we were wrong.

And by the way, the only "mentally superior" beeing here, appears to be yourself...
You have nothing to argue so you insult those who disagree.
edit on 31-1-2012 by Stouf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
If this has been said before I'm sorry but our world is getting colder not hotter the sun is going into a sleep state so we need to prepare to live like the eskimos because that's what is gonna happen soon. No global warming it was a trick and the scientists were wrong.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Look at the earthships of Taos, Nm. Look at the hard working hippies and their deplorable conditions.. *sarcasm* Beautiful structures, creature comfort. No reliance on a failing infrastructure.

Yea, that's a real step backward.

This is foolish.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

TextNow to address this equally ludicrous statement, May I ask how it is an unfounded crusade against the human race, when or if you refer to my above noted point, you will note that people are trying to actively encourage better, cheaper and less hazardous ways of living and sustenance?

I saw an ad on tv the other day advertising ceiling fans. The selling point was that they will save you money on your electric bill. I thoughtwtf?

We are going backwards. We should be able to run an airconditioner or heater without paying a fortune for it. We can thank hippies for the rise in energy prices.

It not me thats from the 70's. You guys want to go backwards.

No. Educate yourself and I don't mean to insult you.

An advert about ceiling fans does not equate to what the culture wants. This is now what I'm aiming at. A ceiling fan will cost energy because it uses electricity, which is sent from a sub-station which is routed from a generator in a power station. This power station uses oil.

The alternative method would be to invent a ceiling fan that doesn't rely on oil.

-- Let's not get bogged down with capitalistic adverts promoting 1% carbon reduction footprints, that's just corporate mumbo-jumbo which has been spun dry by lobbyists and politicians and does NOT equate to the open-minded thinking of these people you rather amusingly hate.

Let's look at avoiding fuel sources that cost lives. But no, the American government under a corporate parody of democratic control will buy up the patents to such devices (see hydro cars, Tesla or Edison) which are then hidden by the oil companies so as to not affect their control and profits.

If you can't see that, then you really need to do some research before coming here and insulting people.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

TextAaaaah, so this was a political baiting thread.

Pretty much. I think the left should turn its back on Obama.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
We have more important issues like what's going to happen when our power plants overload from everyone having their heating on as there is going to be an ice-age. Our earth's core is getting colder that's why its slowing down due to the EMF which is powered by the suns heat. Buy extra warm clothes & try keep warm

God Bless to you all x

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
... to understand the research you make, you need a little common sense... And he seems to lack this one...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Enjoy your Fox news

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
In the beginning the hippies were raised by parents who fought and won the second world war....
They were mostly brought up by middle class, supposedly god fearin aamerican parents....
But something happened....
They became the first generation to partake of the iformation revolution.....
What they learned was that the older generation was lying through its teeth in hypocrisy and greed.
All that altruistic upbringing was all given toungue in cheek, by people who were doing the stuff they were forbidding,
Through this insight the hippies in their simplistic protest began to emulate the best of the values that they were taught meant so much, but in fact were ignored in the rush for power and wealth.
They actually turned the whole hypocritical system on its ear by attempting to do so......
It took far more courage to be a long hair back then than it does today.....
Of course these people grew beyond this stage as they matured, but it left an indellible mark on our society, and may be a big part of what will help save the republic someday too.....

link   
In the beginning the hippies were raised by parents who fought and won the second world war....
They were mostly brought up by middle class, supposedly god fearin aamerican parents....
But something happened....
They became the first generation to partake of the iformation revolution.....
What they learned was that the older generation was lying through its teeth in hypocrisy and greed.
All that altruistic upbringing was all given toungue in cheek, by people who were doing the stuff they were forbidding,
Through this insight the hippies in their simplistic protest began to emulate the best of the values that they were taught meant so much, but in fact were ignored in the rush for power and wealth.
They actually turned the whole hypocritical system on its ear by attempting to do so......
It took far more courage to be a long hair back then than it does today.....
Of course these people grew beyond this stage as they matured, but it left an indellible mark on our society, and may be a big part of what will help save the republic someday too.....

link   

Originally posted by Bobaganoosh
Look at the earthships of Taos, Nm. Look at the hard working hippies and their deplorable conditions.. *sarcasm* Beautiful structures, creature comfort. No reliance on a failing infrastructure.

Yea, that's a real step backward.

This is foolish.

Im all for passive solar and stuff like that.

The taxpayer should not foot the bill for things like clean energy though. If solyndra cannot compete with China when producing solar panels that should be their faluire. Not the taxpayers.

link   

On one hand, I agree with some of what you say. I've been regularly surprised when talking with dedicated activist types. The more I get to asking about specifics and details about what they see as wrong and how to solve it in a real 'lets do this' kind of way, the more I usually find they are BIG on idealism and almost zero on depth of knowledge. That's a bad combination in protesters or activism.

On the OTHER hand....and not to put too find a point on this....but I know some folks who could be called a Hippy's Hippy. They would be the kind who don't remember Woodstock at all because they WERE actually there.

I can think of a few names for the people you refer to, but Hippy isn't one of them. Hippys are decent and...in my experience, fairly intelligent people. A definite different between the two, IMO

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by explorer14
Wow - a super market tabloid-ish, racist, hatin thread. Yay.

Is it too late to learn how to goose step?

This kind of thread makes me embarassed to be a member here.

Maybe next this member will discuss his/her/its disdain for people of color as well.

You could be on to something:

The term Übermensch was a favorite of Hitler and the Nazi regime, which borrowed from Nietzsche's work and sought to adopt him as a philosophical precursor. Their conception of the Übermensch, however, was racial in nature. The Nazi notion of the master race also spawned the idea of "inferior humans" (Untermenschen) which could be dominated and enslaved; this term does not originate with Nietzsche. Nietzsche himself was vehemently critical of both antisemitism and German nationalism. In defiance of these doctrines, he claimed that himself and Germany was great only because of "Polish blood in their veins", and that he would be "having all anti-semites shot" as an answer to his stance on anti-semitism.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join