It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hippy Do-Gooders have Destroyed the World

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I don't think that most people can see that what they do hurts the environment. Doing expensive modifications to you're house doesn't save the environment, it helps the Economy. seperating you're trash costs nothing and helps the environment. Putting expensive bulbs in you're fixtures doesn't save the economy, turning a light off if you don't need it saves the environment. Compact Fluorescent bulbs save nothing in the northern states during the heating season, that 85 percent waste is turned to heat to heat the house. Buying a set back thermostat saves less than turning down the thermostat two degrees all the time and wearing more cloths. Sleeping in the cool is better for everyone. Being green doesn't have to cost a cent. Being green shouldn't cause conflict. We are destroying our environment and jeopardising our food chain. What's so hard for people to understand. This should not be a blame game.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch
reply to post by Theoretician

alright alright,settle down you crazy hippy

I dont mean any great offence. I just think corporatists are scamming us. And using environmentalists to do it.

So why not change your thread title to:

'Corporations are destroying the world' ?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

To add to your post, this all started with the most hated and racist piece of government literature to ever be published....The Civil Rights Act of 1964. After that act was past....the USA fell apart and has been continuing to fall apart ever since into even smaller and uglier pieces.

Also notice this act was past right after the last true President of America was assassinated.... What did the "Civil Rights Act" give us? The 1960 hippys, the 1970 rock and roll drug addicts, the 1980 disco queer culture, the 1990 young rebellious years, and the 2000 entitlements mentality that got Mama Obammy elected. Thanks guberment.
edit on 2-2-2012 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I find everyone functions on the NIMBY system. NOT IN MY BACK YARD!!! As long as something does not affect your surroundings than who cares. If it doesn't happen to me or someone I personally know than it don't happen. I can't see ice breaking off the caps or polar bears losing hunting ground, IT DON'T HAPPEN. I can't see all the bad things pipelines can do to a country or oil spills or fracking, IT DON'T HAPPEN. There will always be natural resources in my lifetime to run my vehicle or heat my house or generate electricity,so running out? IT WON'T HAPPEN. I almost believe it's a shield of arrogance that covers everyone's eyes that makes us all sheep. I've had a couple of limited trips out of the country (US) and it's funny how you can always spot an American. They're the ones who expect everyone to speak english and cater to them, they think that the only thing that is going on revolves around America/Americans, they're mostly arrogant. The point of that little story is that the majority of people believe that what surrounds us and who surrounds is the way it is all over. Everyone must look further than 10 feet ahead of you.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
It seems to me that you have the classical narrow minded perception on this topic. Let me just throw some stuff that really happened at you, I like to call them facts. More oil, coal mining, and fracking industries have done more harm to the world than "hippies". I honestly cannot believe you made a thread like this.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I just came up with new information that applies to this thread..

the liberal news printed this article , which calls the medicating of school kids and bringing wireless devices/laptops in school as a disaster, over the last 40+ years...

see:

www.atimes.com...

SPENGLER
How America made its children crazy
By Spengler

Now we know that computers don't help children learn and that drugs don't help them concentrate, because the establishment mandarins who sold us the computers and drugs have conceded failure. In the January 29 New York Times, [1] a prominent professor of child development shows that attention-deficit-disorder drugs only harm the three million children who take them. One out of 10 American children have been diagnosed with so-called Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and most of them have been medicated. [2]

Some months ago, the Times reported that test scores lagged in school districts that invested massively in digital education. [3] It does not seem to have occurred to the mandarins that computers cause attention deficit disorder. [...]

this article is more accurate to your thread...about 'hippies ruining America'

but it wasn't the hippies it was the Left wingers/Liberals/ the Progressives... the professional classroom instructors (there are no longer any 'Teachers' in public schools)
and the bevy of activist sociologists and behaviorists and the ivory-tower phychologists that ruined America and reduced it to a plain ole USofA, a federally dependent group of States & a forced culture of ignorance

one really needs to read the content

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: theubermensch

Yes, I have noticed it and so has anyone else who is remotely half-educated and has a brain that is able to process and use logic and reason. Hippies lack this ability and are trying to ruin the world with their bleeding hearts.

They would have us all live in mud huts and toil in fields like Cambodians under the Khmer Rouge, just so that 'refugees' and 'asylum seekers' who pass through countless suitable countries can make it to countries where they know they can rort the system and our good will - good will which is now eroded to the point where good people now turn a blind eye.

They are of the same school as militant feminists - they don't use logic or reason, just scream down your opponent till they give up and walk away. Begone with these evil bastards and can we get rid of the feminists while we're at it just as a favor to me? Please?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: gusdynamite

Yes, I have noticed it and so has anyone else who is remotely half-educated and has a brain that is able to process and use logic and reason. Hippies lack this ability and are trying to ruin the world with their bleeding hearts.

They would have us all live in mud huts and toil in fields like Cambodians under the Khmer Rouge, just so that 'refugees' and 'asylum seekers' who pass through countless suitable countries can make it to countries where they know they can rort the system and our good will - good will which is now eroded to the point where good people now turn a blind eye.

They are of the same school as militant feminists - they don't use logic or reason, just scream down your opponent till they give up and walk away. Begone with these evil bastards and can we get rid of the feminists while we're at it just as a favor to me? Please?

You are the evil one, for not valuing human life.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: gusdynamite

I can't seem to figure out just who is at fault for the decline of this world either.
One thread says it's those darn hippies, another says it's the poor, and yet another says it's the "baby boomers" who are responsible.
I did notice in the second paragraph you made a vague referrence to some republican ideas of how things should be done.

I guess the real responsibility falls on all our shoulders. Some of us were making vain attempts at holding off the end as long as possible; while others have suddenly awaken to find only the disasters they see.
There are some others of us who choose to remain asleep so this sorry situation can't be blamed on them.

(post by Krazysh0t removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I can think hundred things to say, but I can't express myself monosyllabicly enough for you to understand them.

You have been watching too much southpark, cartman.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Man, this thread is laden with BS

WTF is a hippie nowadays? There are a variety of people who are pro-earth/anti-corporation that don't fit in your stereotype.

When did "hippies" start wearing skinny jeans?

I'm in such opposition to what the OP is stating I don't even know where to begin right now.

edit on 23-4-2014 by GoShredAK because: Edit

(post by gusdynamite removed for a manners violation)
(post by gusdynamite removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
***ATTENTION***
Enough.

There will be no further T&C violations.

Moving forward T&C infractions will result in a posting ban of no less than 72 hours.

Do not reply to this post.

~Tenth
ATS Super Mod
edit on 4/24/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

edit on 4/24/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join