It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hippy Do-Gooders have Destroyed the World

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Theoretician

alright alright,settle down you crazy hippy

I dont mean any great offence. I just think corporatists are scamming us. And using environmentalists to do it.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
reply to post by theubermensch

Why does it have to be about me? Do you need hardship to develop a social conscience? Everyone seems to think so.

Well you seem to have no social conscience so I'd wager you are/were a very pampered kid.

You have 'slave morality' thats for certain.

And you know this because you ??? Ow you don't know anything, I see. Keep living in la-la land and blaming those who want to change the globe for the better.

Just because I am against corporatist cheerleading hippies does not mean I want to destroy the world and kill all the animals. There are more sensible solutions than what the corporatists are selling you.

Reading comprehension and some history classes would be nice for you. You know, instead of bringing South-Park wisdom as an Eric-Cartman character. It's really stupid.

I was a pampered first born yes. And I can tell you have 'slave morality; from what you said so I pointed it out since you are talking nietzsche.

And I dont get my idealogies from South Park. Like I already said,they are corporatist propaganda.

I dont see any wisdom coming from you friend. What "history" are you talking about?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

As I am studying environmental science, there is some definite propaganda being tossed around. But this is the result of large media corporations releasing diverse perspectives on issues deliberately so people who are unsure about the science have to rely on their "respected" and "credible" information source.

Politicians are really bad at trying to create schemes as like I said, tend to generalize nature.

The truth is most of our renewable energy sources aren't that efficient and it is something I have been working on recently because the amount of resources and energy it takes to create a dam, solar panel or wind turbine is ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
OP,
try to think about the bigger picture here. The earth is a lot more fragile than you make it out to be. You should really think that, just because we're at the top of the chain, doesn't give us the right to destroy the home of millions of animals and fauna. And that in order for the chain to function, we need ALL links working properly or at least be present. A whole species dying off could cause a great imbalance within our ecosystem which will eventually catch up to all of us.

The problem here is people try to come up with solutions, to contact officials, to come up with brilliant alternatives to our oil dependency. And what kind of help do we get? None. We get oil companies threatening creators of alternative energy methods, buying out their ideas or threatening their lives. The effort is always there, those "hippies" are trying, but the responses aren't significant enough to make it on the front page of CNN or msnbc (or wont be given coverage due to corporate gatekeepers in major news companies). Even the smallest act, like volunteering for city trash pickup around your neighborhood or composting makes a big difference. Especially when millions of people make the change with you. We've trashed this planet for commodities that are not necessary for our survival. Soon enough we're going to pay for what we've done to mother earth.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

And I can tell you have 'slave morality; from what you said so I pointed it out since you are talking nietzsche.

Master morality weighs actions on a scale of good or bad consequences unlike slave morality which weighs actions on a scale of good or evil intentions.
source

Your assumption is hilarious since I've not looked at things as evil/good since for decades.

I dont see any wisdom coming from you friend.

Because you are not reading.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel

And I can tell you have 'slave morality; from what you said so I pointed it out since you are talking nietzsche.

Master morality weighs actions on a scale of good or bad consequences unlike slave morality which weighs actions on a scale of good or evil intentions.
source

Your assumption is hilarious since I've not looked at things as evil/good since for decades.

I dont see any wisdom coming from you friend.

Because you are not reading.

TextUnlike master morality which is sentiment, slave morality is literally re-sentiment--revaluing that which the master values. This strays from the valuation of actions based on consequences to the valuation of actions based on "intention

Its all good intentionns with you hippy slaves. You are blind to the results though. You care little for the result actually. What you are after is some form of pathetic intrinsic validation.

TextSlave morality does not aim at exerting one's will by strength but by careful subversion. It does not seek to transcend the masters, but to make them slaves as well.

Sounds like a weak hippy to me.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tetriswoooo

You are either brainwashed or just dumb and you are far from alone. It is not my problem, vultures gotta eat, same as worms. Man Made Global Warming is a scam and the Green Peace types have long since become Globalist Pawns. However, it is okay, people like you won't cut it in the times ahead and karma is a matter of fact.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy

What's ARROGANT is the belief that we're somehow NOT destroying species at an unprecedented rate, that we're somehow magically NOT causing massive collapses/destruction of ecosystems, habitats, and global climate. Stop playing the victim card when you're the victimizer. Environmentalists are arrogant TOWARDS THE ARROGANT, that's like bullying the bully, which I'm absolutely a supporter of.

Me too. Why do you think I called them out on it? You know, as arrogant pricks go, I'm pretty damned arrogant myself. I used to labor under the illusion that I was among the top 10 arrogant pricks, until I started dealing with environmentalists. As it turns out, I pale into insignificance in comparison. As arrogant as I am, I've never claimed to have the power to destroy planets.

You've got to admit, that's a pretty damned arrogant claim!

Same thing your carbon taxes will do for you when all the trees die out for lack of breathable CO2.

Nope nope nope nope nope. THERE IS NOT A LACK OF CO2 YOU UNEDUCATED FOOL.

Uh, yeah... heh heh... he said "fool"... yuk yuk yuk...

here's an idea - instead of trying to blow smoke up folks' asses by calling names in an attempt thereby to hide the fact that you've got not real argument to counter what I said, how about trying to debate that issue?

Think ya can handle that, Sparky?

As for carbon taxes, why don't you ACTUALLY RESEARCH THEM...

I have. Have you?

they've been implemented in other countries with some limited success and WITHOUT magically enslaving everyone and taxing "the air they breathe".

I should give a damn about that.... why? Unless I plan on moving to one of those slave-states, that is...

No, seriously now, give me some logical reason I should care how other countries handle their own stuff. If you can do that, I'll admit that US invasions of other nations and telling them how to run their countries is a GOOD thing. If you can't then having them run MY country is no better than me running THEIRS.

We're emitting too much CO2,

ONE of us is, I'll give you that much, and go so far as to agree that the CO2 being emitted is hot, too!

it has created a very rapid imbalance which has triggered many effects- one being global warming, which changes CLIMATES (climate change), and so on.

I hope the hook didn't hurt when you swallowed that bait without doing any research on what you were being sold. There's no doubt the planet is warming - it has been doing so for 18.000 years or so, since the Ice Age ended. the notion that it is man-made, or that another tax will stop it - or even slow it down, is laughable.

BTW, as warm as we are now, we are STILL colder than the planet has been for 450 million years, barring short episodes like the Ice Ages.

Are you being sarcastic or are you really that oblivious?? MOST OF THE WORLD'S FRESH WATER IS LOCKED INTO GLACIERS/ICE-CAPS. If they melt into the ocean... the water becomes SALINE.

And if they DON'T melt, you're not going to drink them anyhow. at least none of my people go around drinking glaciers or polar ice caps.

BTW - if you have your way and the earth enters another Ice Age, won't we have less drinking water when it's all locked up in... glaciers and ice caps? Sea levels were quite a lot lower during the last Ice Ages - what would make the next one different?

We CANNOT DRINK salt water.

Sure we can. You distill it, drink the water and sell the salt. My people did that for thousands of years before your people ever invaded my continent.

If the rest of the water is POLLUTED, that also makes it far less desirable to drink. The solution is NOT desalination and water filtration as bandaids, the solution is to STOP UNNECESSARY POLLUTION/GLACIAL MELT.

So stop polluting your water. You need Al Gore to force you to do that? No one is polluting mine, and I've not seen Al in years. I want to watch you drink a glacier, though. That HAS to have some entertainment value.

Ideology is what shapes our world and our actions, whether its overt or barely noticeable. Ideas can change the world much faster than money can. And hopefully ideas will render money near the bottom of importance to humans. Hopefully we will someday be rid of the slavery, oppression, and destruction that has been born of money, property, and governments.

Ideology has been the number one killer of humans for millennia, and it's showing no signs of slowing up. Let me know if you ever start getting fat off of ideology, in the absence of being able to eat.

Also, you night want to get a new keyboard. It appears that your cap lock is sticking at the damndest times.

edit on 2012/2/2 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch

'The Story Of Stuff' illustrates your point alot better. And yes I do think I can consume all I want to. There are sensible solutions to the problems of waste that dont equal me paying ridiculous amounts of money for energy. I honestly think you hippies are insane sometimes. You are the corporatists best customers ever.

They are, they TRULY are.

I'm going to start looking for another place to live, because they have succeeded in destroying MY home on behalf of their corporatist lords and masters.

Today, my electricity costs me 7% more than it did yesterday - and I mean that literally. A 7% hike in a SINGLE DAY. They told me it was "preparation for passing on the carbon taxes".

Bastards.

That ain't enough, though. I just got my water bill, and it DOUBLED. Why? Because now they are charging me for RAIN WATER.

Yes, you heard that right - water falls from the sky, and they think I'm going to pay them for getting rained on. Not water they delivered to me - RAIN water.

They can bite me. I'm leaving and going to find sane people some where, if there are any left. Let the rain pay taxes to them. We'll see how that goes.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Agreed. This whole climate change scam is getting out of control and is doing serious damage. These "environmentalists" are a proper concern and I just can't stand them. The Carbon Tax for one, bloody greens decided to instigate that in Australia, gonna screw us all over.

They're all terrorists.
edit on 2/2/12 by shadowland8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
People talk of ascension and of other higher ideals, before anything can happen we need to first perfect the Earth and continue with what the Creator had in mind when it first occurred for the possibility of this Beautiful world.
This is not the time to condemn others for what they have or have not done to help improve the Earth, it s time to act your self.
It is time to take a different political position, one that is not about Greed, buying Power with underhanded pay-offs to the lowlife political scum. A weather forecaster is wrong 90% of the time and still keeps his job, but this is mostly guess work, its had to predict the future and the wind. But this Political scum are down right lying scum, every word out out of some of their mouths is nothing but lies. What it gets down to, is how much payoffs they can receive and how much of a power plays they can make for future monetary gain and perverse play for their perverted lying minds.
Most politicians are lawyers, a lawyer is a profession lier especially the prosecutors, they don't look for justice they look for conviction whether the person be innocent or not, they only seek power not justice, they are the lowest of low. Don't bare false witness.

I do see some to make a good pimple, on a dirty hippies arse, decide for yourself.

The Truth of the Creator resides on this Earth, all the lying scum will have to burn for awhile, for the the good of all, not the few.
edit on 2-2-2012 by googolplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

I am sorry but it is evident that the climate is changing.

It isn't clear that humanity has influenced it but I would say it is a safe assumption.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Has anyone noticed that the worlds biggest problem is hysterical do-nothing do-gooder hippies?

Environmentalists are the worst. These morally superior people want us to go backwards. Sometimes I wonder wether they are more interested in reducing our standard of living than mantaining the environment.

And what motivates someone to protest something like the Keystone Pipeline?

Text The total area that has been affected by surface mining represents only 0.1% of Canada's boreal forest. The oil sands account for about 0.1% of global greenhouse-gas emissions. Electricity plants powered by coal in the U.S. generate almost 40 times more greenhouse-gas emissions than Canada's oil sands (the coal-fired electricity plants in the State of Wisconsin alone produce the equivalent of the entire GHG emissions of the oil sands). California bitumen is more GHG-intensive than the oil sands. Oliver criticized opponents of the pipeline, stating that all of the above facts are ignored by "celebrity protestors."

I like how Oliver gives it to 'celebrity protesters'. Would anybody care if it wasnt en vougue to stomp around like an environazi? The US economy is a mess and these hippies have nothing better to do than stop something that will create jobs? Yet Im sure the people that protested the pipeline have no problem with Obamas crony capitalism grants to failed 'clean energy' projects like solyndra.

Hippies dont want us to be able to afford electricity or fuel or even water. They want us to pay 'carbon tax' and feel bad about our 'carbon footprint'. They want to use taxpayer money to fund their unfounded crusade against the human race.

If these hippies want conservation they should stop being fooled by the likes Obama and vote for a conservative.

The Democrats make fools of all you hippies. They are laughing at you.

Take a quick look at these images.

www.google.co.za...,+waste&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1024&bih=653&tbm=isch&tbnid=DqgVnUnhRq8VeM:&imgrefurl=http://knowledge.alli anz.com/demographics/urbanization/%3F728/india-waste-pollution-recycling&docid=CP_XnwAuhCNabM&imgurl=http://assets.knowledge.allianz.com/img/mumbai_wa ste_beach_child_pollution_q_15814.jpg&w=654&h=420&ei=1IcqT5G3K4eDhQe-mYXICg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=577&vpy=189&dur=347&hovh=155&hovw=235&tx=160&ty=61&sig= 100352829556434529218&page=2&tbnh=141&tbnw=210&start=13&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:13

www.google.co.za...,+waste&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1024&bih=653&tbm=isch&tbnid=6I1cav5meOwzbM:&imgrefurl=http://ffo-olf.org/ff o-olf.html&docid=6Nn0lVuqTnQIkM&imgurl=http://ffo-olf.org/images/IndustrialPolution.jpeg&w=615&h=407&ei=1IcqT5G3K4eDhQe-mYXICg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=707& vpy=132&dur=2689&hovh=183&hovw=276&tx=155&ty=102&sig=100352829556434529218&page=4&tbnh=116&tbnw=176&start=50&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:50

www.google.co.za...,+waste&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1024&bih=653&tbm=isch&tbnid=z3avVFuY9L3OBM:&imgrefurl=http://www.dipity.com /rwehbi/Culminating-Activity_2/&docid=tfTDME3t32zlRM&imgurl=http://cdn.dipity.com/uploads/events/8b4505ca80fdea91d039cc9a31715675_1M.png&w=1024&h=768& ei=1IcqT5G3K4eDhQe-mYXICg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=109&vpy=98&dur=11170&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=118&ty=86&sig=100352829556434529218&page=6&tbnh=147&tbnw=196&st art=90&ndsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:90

Hopefully you have taken the time to view these pics and I gather if you have any cognitive thinking abilities that you can realise by slandering ''hippies'' that you are a living example of what fuels this global crises we as humans are facing.

You may constitute "hippies" as being useless and dirty but the blatant irony of your post is the fact that your capitalist buddies are spreading filth at such an alarming rate that the human race is inevitably facing global extinction due to a small group of profit enraged warmongering fascists.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

reply to post by dadgad

Pretty provocative sensational and obnoxious. I agree

lol

I mean you could just as well say that Zionist Ashkenazi-Jews destroyed the world. There would actually be more evidence for that.
Or that it's all because of the communists, or the Christians, the Chinese, the Blacks, the Bankers or the reptilians.

But you chose the pot-smoking, pot-belly, anti-gun, road blocking hippy-do gooders as the cause for the worlds downfall. Interesting choice I say.
edit on 2-2-2012 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Theoretician

Technically the climate is changing, it's not static, that's for sure.

But then these terrorists exploit your average joe by implementing a tax over something they can't control.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
You may want to find a different condescending term to blindly label people, as the "Hippies" as you called them turned out to be correct. ...Or was the Gulf of Tonkin a real incident? lmao

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Carolina Update

Two items... the first is one from 1968 when the Hippies were not in charge:
its about a forced sterilization program in NC that sterilized the low IQ people, or those with afflictions which would not allow for normal/healthy babies...

link: articles.latimes.com...

item 2... the settlement continues, a pat for Obama because he allowed the program to be resurrected,
likely because the oppressed farmers were not informed of the process to make a claim

there's $1 billion set aside to settle cases for $50k to $250k per transgression, the link is for applying,
google the topic for individual tales

see: www.blackfarmercase.com...

so, if those in power were/are hippies, then case 1 does not apply
and case 2 is a attempt to rectify discriminations by the government in the near past to blacks/farmers
which is a good thing for the present leaders, hippies or not

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to

yet they all have ipad2's and the latest gadgets that caused more tree killing and pollution than anything else

Haha I think your talking about hipsters. Only thing worse than a wanna be hippie is a damn hipster. They take the worst from all aspects of society and condence it all down into one ignorant, sandle-sock wearing, prius driving, 80's porn loving package.... Ooh almost forgot the fanny packs...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Whats with this trend of using do-gooders in a negative way ive seen it from several different people in the last few days.....you sound like a cartoon villain op.
"ill get you silly do-gooders just wait....JUST WAIT!mwahahahahahaha" while wringing your hands.

the problem is both sides taking up roles rather than what they really want because they feel theyre competing with the other side which is retarded as #. so you end up with this republican democrat hippy cowboy liberal conservative bull# and look at the world and yourself now sick parodies of the way the world and people used to be.

you can always step off the stage

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join