It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hippy Do-Gooders have Destroyed the World

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed that the worlds biggest problem is hysterical do-nothing do-gooder hippies?

Environmentalists are the worst. These morally superior people want us to go backwards. Sometimes I wonder wether they are more interested in reducing our standard of living than mantaining the environment.

And what motivates someone to protest something like the Keystone Pipeline?

Text The total area that has been affected by surface mining represents only 0.1% of Canada's boreal forest. The oil sands account for about 0.1% of global greenhouse-gas emissions. Electricity plants powered by coal in the U.S. generate almost 40 times more greenhouse-gas emissions than Canada's oil sands (the coal-fired electricity plants in the State of Wisconsin alone produce the equivalent of the entire GHG emissions of the oil sands). California bitumen is more GHG-intensive than the oil sands. Oliver criticized opponents of the pipeline, stating that all of the above facts are ignored by "celebrity protestors."

I like how Oliver gives it to 'celebrity protesters'. Would anybody care if it wasnt en vougue to stomp around like an environazi? The US economy is a mess and these hippies have nothing better to do than stop something that will create jobs? Yet Im sure the people that protested the pipeline have no problem with Obamas crony capitalism grants to failed 'clean energy' projects like solyndra.

Hippies dont want us to be able to afford electricity or fuel or even water. They want us to pay 'carbon tax' and feel bad about our 'carbon footprint'. They want to use taxpayer money to fund their unfounded crusade against the human race.

If these hippies want conservation they should stop being fooled by the likes Obama and vote for a conservative.

The Democrats make fools of all you hippies. They are laughing at you.

+68 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
what the hell is wrong with you we do need to do something about global warming and other environmental issues but its the companies that dont care and want you to suffer not the environmentalists the big oil companies cant wait untill oil starts to dry up and they can sell us gas at $50 per gallon then swoop in as the last drop is gone and save the day and become heroes

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tetriswoooo

I dont believe in Man Bear Pig.

Its a scam.

+74 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
ATS is about denying ignorance, not making popular assumptions about those who speak truth to power. Their unpopular opinions have real scientific evidence, technologically unsustainable lifestyles can not continue forever or we will be our own destruction.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

i hate these skinny jeans wearing hippies just as much as you, they accomplish nothing, if anything they actually make things worse..

however there is one thing i dont agree with you on...and that is

that it seems like you think that technology is what is gonna save us...

i think technology will destroy us....and if anything its making us lazier...

on topic though..its funny how they want to "save" the enviroment and the trees and all that...

yet they all have ipad2's and the latest gadgets that caused more tree killing and pollution than anything else

+26 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Wow... There's so much love and respect in this post, I don't even know where to start.

What is the point of having jobs if it is to destroy our house ?
Do you really think pollution is not a problem, environment destruction is not a problem, if it allows your "go forward" ?

You, mister, show no respect for your specie, no respect for your planet, and I really don't see why you should deserve respect from other.

Remember : you're not alone on this planet, and a lot of people want to live in harmony with their environment. You, the one who don't care about anything, are plain wrong.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to

i hate these skinny jeans wearing hippies just as much as you, they accomplish nothing, if anything they actually make things worse..

on topic though..its funny how they want to "save" the enviroment and the trees and all that...

yet they all have ipad2's and the latest gadgets that caused more tree killing and pollution than anything else

your stereotyping a bit there i dont have anything like that all my gear is over 3 years old and i know alot of environmentalists like me dont lump us all in together

+71 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Not sure if troll thread or not.

How do you define a hippy? How do you know each an every single 'hippy' (of your definition) thinks and acts exactly the same.

Secondly, what's wrong with oxygen and clean water?

I have never seen such a ridiculous thread. Did you just arrive from the early 1970's after being in cold storage for a long, ignorant nap?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sachyriel
ATS is about denying ignorance, not making popular assumptions about those who speak truth to power. Their unpopular opinions have real scientific evidence, technologically unsustainable lifestyles can not continue forever or we will be our own destruction.

I am all for sustainability.

But the economy is more important than loving whales.

Like I am somewhat a fan of the zeitgeist movement. I think we should move to a resource based society but not at the expense of our standard of living.

These companies like Solyndra and the like are as interested in profit just as much as any oil company. The democrats wont help the environment anymore than conservatives but the difference is that the Democrats waste more.

Dems = waste

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Has anyone noticed that the worlds biggest problem is hysterical do-nothing do-gooder hippies?

The world's biggest problem? oh, okay.

Environmentalists are the worst. These morally superior people want us to go backwards.

Damn them! They want the world's population to go backwards.

Sometimes I wonder wether they are more interested in reducing our standard of living than mantaining the environment.

Hey, wait a minute, the world doesn't have just one standard of living???

+20 more 
link   
Can't see too many hippies voting for Obama as he stands exactly opposite of what it truly means to be a hippie.

If you don't like what's happening, what's YOUR solution? At least the hippies step away from their computers to go outside and try to do something. Or is this just a rant? A troll? A...???

You failed to give a solution...only an opinionated tirade.

And another thing you may or may not realize is that the so-called hippies these days are only pretenders to the throne. The REAL hippies are gone.

edit on 31-1-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

link   
I don't enjoy being a cog in a machine. I would much rather spend my time on myself and others.

You have your opinion, I have mine. Nothing wrong with that.

+14 more 
link   
Woops... I just forgot to never feed a troll...

Edit : you just added : "But the economy is more important than loving whales. "
Do you think a little before writing so stupid things ?

What will do your economy for you if there's no more animals on the planet ?
What will do your economy for you when there's not enough trees to make you breath ?
What will do your economy for you when there's no more drinkable water ?

You will then discover that you cannot eat, breath or drink your money...
edit on 31-1-2012 by Stouf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
What about the greedy warmongers.

Stealing our money for bombs and murder.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to

"Yet they all have ipad2s and the latest gadgets"

What, you've talked to every hippie alive and have found that they all have the latest gadgets? Because in my experience (and I know plenty of hippies - I live in Seattle!), most of them have a cell phone and that's it. They ride their bikes everywhere, they do not drive, they spend a lot of time hanging around campfires and playing guitars and in general living a pretty chill life. You are making pretty big assumptions with nothing to back them up, and those assumptions are going to hurt your ability to communicate effectively with people who are different than you. You don't know these people, so don't pretend you do and then act self-righteous about how "they" are all worse than you are.

As for the OP, you would make a great professional troll. Thanks for effectively showing how ATS, where we're supposed to deny ignorance, exhibits a great amount of stupidity about the things that are actually happening in this world.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I will address the more ridiculous part of your post first then move onto the slightly less (but still) ridiculous second part momentarily.

Originally posted by theubermensch
I like how Oliver gives it to 'celebrity protesters'. Would anybody care if it wasnt en vougue to stomp around like an environazi? The US economy is a mess and these hippies have nothing better to do than stop something that will create jobs? Yet Im sure the people that protested the pipeline have no problem with Obamas crony capitalism grants to failed 'clean energy' projects like solyndra.

First of all. A lot of the 'hippies' I know are pro-free energy, using new and innovative concepts to promote self-sustainable eco-friendly living, which in some cases make it easier to RELY LESS ON THE GOVERNMENT and encouraging forward thinking and less reliance of damaging and dwindling resources (such as coal and oil) - as you know, many of these resources have been responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands, even millions of people due to land grabs and wars over resource claims. If we all as individuals developed the research for self-sustainable energy then it wouldn't even need to cost any tax money.

Hippies dont want us to be able to afford electricity or fuel or even water. They want us to pay 'carbon tax' and feel bad about our 'carbon footprint'. They want to use taxpayer money to fund their unfounded crusade against the human race.

Now to address this equally ludicrous statement, May I ask how it is an unfounded crusade against the human race, when or if you refer to my above noted point, you will note that people are trying to actively encourage better, cheaper and less hazardous ways of living and sustenance?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Not sure if troll thread or not.

How do you define a hippy? How do you know each an every single 'hippy' (of your definition) thinks and acts exactly the same.

Secondly, what's wrong with oxygen and clean water?

I have never seen such a ridiculous thread. Did you just arrive from the early 1970's after being in cold storage for a long, ignorant nap?

I guess I am channeling Cartman maybe. I just mean enviromentalists. I mean people that enjoy the smell of their own gas.

And it makes me angry that people would protest something that would create jobs when they are badly needed. I dont think thats ridiculous. Hippies really annoy me.

+5 more 
link   

divide and conquer.

label and separate those you don't like.

I see you found the Conservative Republican playbook....

When you get to some actual facts instead of personal judgments about some group you don't like start another thread that will matter.

link   
There would be little need to create jobs if sustainable living was taught in place of the consumerist brainwashing that is currently being forced on people.

Your point is pointless. The standard of living is based on indulgent lunacy. People wouldn't fear being unemployed if they were not programmed into the same parasitic existance that all americans endure on some level.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch

Originally posted by Sachyriel

I am all for sustainability.

But the economy is more important than loving whales.

Like I am somewhat a fan of the zeitgeist movement. I think we should move to a resource based society but not at the expense of our standard of living.

These companies like Solyndra and the like are as interested in profit just as much as any oil company. The democrats wont help the environment anymore than conservatives but the difference is that the Democrats waste more.

Dems = waste

Aaaaah, so this was a political baiting thread.

15g.) Political Baiting: You will not engage in politically-charged rhetoric, politically-inspired name-calling, and related right-versus-left political bickering while Posting in any topical forum or discussion thread on the Websites. You will not alter political candidate names or party affiliations in order to insult or deride the opposition.

You have affiliated anyone who isn't a conservative as a hippy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join