It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for closer staff scrutiny in chemtrail threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I'm seeing an increase in off topic discussion and personal attacks within recent chemtrail threads, more than usual, which was already quite high and I believe it is time for more staff scrutiny in this forum, like we see in the 9/11 forum.

I'm not going to single out any particular member or side, suffice to say that I think both sides could pull their heads in a bit, the bickering and name calling is getting ridiculous and we aren't going to get anywhere if it continues this way.

Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I totally agree with what you are saying as it the reason why I never participate in chemtrail threads. I don't believe in chemtrails and so I live happily without a need for being called a shill, an agent or a tool.

I did notice a recent thread where it's just insane.

Flagging this.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I stopped posting,because of the same thing.

Shame........

Flagged.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The Chemtrail threads have been stifled long enough by the contrail crowd. Maybe just let the so called uneducated and misinformed be just that. Discussion and discourse may unfold just as the original posters intended the thread to unfold.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I'm seeing an increase in off topic discussion and personal attacks within recent chemtrail threads, more than usual, which was already quite high and I believe it is time for more staff scrutiny in this forum, like we see in the 9/11 forum.

I'm not going to single out any particular member or side, suffice to say that I think both sides could pull their heads in a bit, the bickering and name calling is getting ridiculous and we aren't going to get anywhere if it continues this way.

Thoughts?

Fair enough. I name you to moderate those threads.

Good luck

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
i choose personally to void my self of this kind of oppnion, however we all express our selfs in different ways, some people may lack the nessosary vocabulary in a verbal conflict. But i think it has nore to do with the frustration of being proven wrong on a topic. Not every one can be rite i supose, and i think we are all guilty of expressing our emotions in a lower educated way. Sticks and stones love

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

Let's not start pointing fingers at who's to blame here...

Simply stopping one side from posting is not the solution.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Goldcurrent

Let's not start pointing fingers at who's to blame here...

Simply stopping one side from posting is not the solution.
who is to blaim? Buy executing your suggestion might not accomplish anything but just add fule to the fire, maybe i am a bit confused but is their a provacoutore you have in mind? Would thibs be a personal vendetta? Please enlighten me

edit on 1-2-2012 by ShamilAbdullah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Obviously you believe that someone is to blame for all of this since you posted this thread. I'm not pointing fingers at you in particular but many of the contrail cohorts have been unusually trite and condescending.

Remember that most people on this site aren't here asking for a University education. Mainstream science and explanations aren't exactly going to cut it for the majority that seek alternative explanations.

Granted, a dose of sober mainstream educational reality is appreciated, we all have access to that through normal channels. Most people come to these sites to explore and discuss what may not be accepted in academic circles. If that were the case we would be visiting .edu or .org forums.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I don't participate in Chemtrail threads unless I have a bomb to drop...

And then you have to sneak past the blockade, set off the charge and run like mad before the Contrail Brigade charges in to save the day

Its getting hard I tell ya

The last really good bomb was tossed by AllSeeingI with the chemtrail patent showing at least the intent
and that one made it to the main news desk at ATS. Must have made the Contrail Brigade squirm

So it works both ways

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I get a regular roasting as a shill, govt disinfo agent, how much do I get paid, etc.

IMO it comes with the territory - if you are pointing out that someone's belief system has feet of clay then yeah, they're going to get upset.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I stopped posting in the Chemtrail threads a long time ago after i got called an idiot and i wont be back for more abuse..peace,sugarcookie

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Easy fix chad, contrail supporters only need to admit chemtrails are what you call a contrail and we will be all in agreement. As you know water is a chemical and thats just the beginning of what planes spray in our air.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
I get a regular roasting as a shill, govt disinfo agent, how much do I get paid, etc.

If the shoe fits...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ShamilAbdullah

No personal vendetta.

I said in the OP that I'm not going to single out a group or member.

Both sides need to pull their head in.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by killemall

The discussion and debate needs to continue, just with less venom.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

If the shoe fits...

You're not helping, zorgon.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
more peace, civility & decorum. I can dig it.

-TF

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Although i agree with this sentiment, I will expand it to all forums. I have been seeing more and more T and C violations throughout all the boards here on ATS. We, as members, need to take a closer look at ourselves to fix this problem.

I understand that the staff and mods have a hard enough time moderating a site this large, that cntinues to grow day by day, and that is why it is up to the membership to utilize the alert function when they see fit. I will admit it doesnt always work, but at least we are ding somoething proactive about it.

Another point here, and this is a blanket statement, covering all members in all forums, is to be the change that you want too see in other and lead by example.. There are certain members here that do this every day. We see a post by them and know immediately that it will be something worthwhile and enightening. Then there is the other side of the coin, certain names we see show up and know that almost without fail, that post will not be worthwhile.

Lead by example. Curb cynicism, curb insults. Treat each other with respect, in the chemtrail forum and all others, and we will be able to work together to deny ignorance and find the answers we are all seeking.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This thread is about staff moderating T&C violations in a very "hot topic" forum.

This thread is NOT about the "skeptic vs believer" IE. the "chemtrail vs. contrail" debate. Save that for the threads in that forum.

Staff has read the concern addressed and will discuss it.

If you see a T&C violation alert it. If you see multiple T&C violations on a thread, use the Complaint Form and give some details and staff will look into it.

And remember, in ALL threads We expect civility and decorum (please read this)

Closed since this has gotten way off its original intent.

new topics

top topics

join