It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AG Holder Threatened With Contempt Over 'Furious'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I can't believe no one has reported this,,, I mean,,, This is the Administration that Promised Complete Openness and To Be Totally Transparent isn't it? Obama Promised

Well AG Holder is Still refusing to comply with request from the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.
Do you think it's because the President of this Committee is ( G_D Forbid,,, Republican ) Darrell Issa, R-Calif.

Here read for yourself.

In a four-page letter to Holder, Committee Chairman Darrell Issa, R-Calif., claims the Department of Justice has "misrepresented facts and misled Congress," which began its investigation of Operation Fast and Furious one year ago.

www.foxnews.com...
NO!!! Say It Aint Soooooo
Not one of Obamas Appointees!

Darrell Issa threatens Eric Holder with contempt,,,,,,,

Issa accused the Justice Department of trying to “obstruct our investigation and deceive the public” by withholding documents.

Your actions lead us to conclude that the department is actively engaged in a cover-up,” he said in a four-page letter.

OK, OK, This Next Text is Great,,, The Democrats are Bush from 2006.

The Democrats on the Oversight Committee have begun laying the groundwork for their strategy, and released a document Monday highlighting the fact that gun-walking had been used as far back as 2006, and was used in three previous investigations before Fast and Furious. Read more: www.politico.com...

Obama Can Do No Wrong.

I did a Search and found nothing on this article.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
A couple of small things.

I'm delighted that Holder is getting pressured. Even good laws can be corrupted by a bad man and that's what I think we've got. I recall that some of Obama's national security council aides were e-mailed about this long ago. It would be fascinating to see if they would implicate their boss. (Not holding my breath.)

The second thing is that I thought I heard, within the last few days, that DoJ had switched strategy and is now claiming that everything was in Arizona. Rogue ATF agents, rogue prosecutors, and that Holder is as pure as the wind driven.

Thanks for bringing this up again.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I only see two possibilities here. Holder is either involved in a coverup or he is incompetent. Either is reason enough to replace him and historically something like this would have gotten him replaced quickly.

Obama and his people are who and what they are, it's up to the People to pay attention and decide if they want four more years of them or not.

I'm still waiting for someone to bring up the scariest thing said by a President in years from the State of the Union Speech. People should read it carefully. I may have missed it but I hope I'm not the only one who keyed on what he said. The Media seems to have missed it. He's going to ask Congress to broaden his Powers so he can do what he wants without Congress. Never happen but terrifying he would suggest it.

Bush was a bad President; Obama is a danger to the Free World and Democracy. He wants to move us towards a system similar to the old Soviet system. Hopefully people are not dumb enough to vote him back in. Even a bad alternative would be less dangerous.
edit on 1/31/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Like usual the big news gets shuffled off under the rug. Nice find

These presidential powers, and everything undisclosed due to national security reasons has got to stop.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Bush was a bad President; Obama is a danger to the Free World and Democracy.

True, Very True.
I grew up having to read and memorize Mao's Little Red Book.
I've Been Waiting For Obamas Little Red Book.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
So the blame game continues with this Administration,,,,, Anybody,,,, But Us!!!

Monday, the chief of the Arizona U.S. attorney's office criminal division, Patrick J. Cunningham, left his post, the latest casualty of the scandal, Main Justice reports. He announced his intention to resign two weeks ago.

content.usatoday.com...
Obamas People Did Nothing Wrong,,, No,,,, They were just laying back picking their collective noses!

Justice officials have told the committee that they relied on inaccurate information relayed to them by Cunningham in responding to House investigators.

Attorney Tobin Romero said Cunningham is "innocent … ensnared by the unfortunate circumstances in which he now stands between two branches of government.''

A federal prosecutor in Arizona plans to assert his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination as part of a congressional inquiry into a botched federal gun investigation known as "Operation Fast and Furious,"

content.usatoday.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
If Only Obamas Thugs Could Show Some Honesty Like This Poor Obama Supporter,,,,,, I guess we gave-up on obama making his car and house payment.
If you read his sign,,, I think he's realized the mistake he's made and has apologized.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Enough of the threats. It's time to start unleashing the charges against Holder and all of those involved in this fiasco. Not only is Holder contempt but he has also lied under oath. The latest document dump revealed that Holder knew of Agent Terry's shooting and subsequent death from the very day in which it occurred. Contrary to his testimony in the hearing.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

He's guilty as sin and needs to brought back down to Earth and will hopefully bring his boss with him.
edit on 1-2-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I would hope some smart hacker out there would come up with all copies from Holder's email, or at least some of those emails sent to Holder showing he knew about F n F and of the border agent's death... even better would be proof showing Holder approved the operation at some point.

Would we like to have copies of the President's morning briefing papers.

Unfortunately you can already see some of those around Holder taking the bullet for him by changing their stories and saying they 'never' discussed the matter with him.

Shades of Ollie North huh?

Please, just one email... surely someone on the inside has a copy.. slip it to a journalist, to anyone so the truth can prevail... otherwise the hypocrisy and lies of Holder, and this administration will destroy us over the next four years.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCurmudgeon

Read my thread linked in the above post. He did receive emails that were confirmed by other authorities within his office. Emails sent and discussions had regarding the murder of agent terry and the weapon used to kill him and where that AK47 originated from.

That alone is enough to nab him because it contradicts his testimony saying that he was only aware of agent Terry's death in the short weeks prior to the hearings. Holder is full of !@#$

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I did see that one jibeho... I even posted in the other thread... but I've been unable to find that again... the link I have doesn't work... has it been pulled by Holder's buddies?

I watched Issa's interview this morning and the newscaster pressured the hell out of him for proof and he 'never' once mentioned the email.

Is there hanky panky going on here... I will never believe both Holder and Obama we're aware and even by viture of doing nothing gave approval of it... Holder is a scumbag and needs to go down...

If you have a link to it that works I'd love to have it again for posts on other sites.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Here is some evidence from 2009.

ARTESIA, N.M. (KRQE/KBIM) - Down a maze of dirt roads about 12 miles outside ARTESIA, N.M.near the Pecos River there they were: a stockpile of weapons found in the middle of nowhere.

they found a dirty sheet covering a backpack and 21 guns. "There was shotguns, rifles and pistols,” sheriff's Lt. Carroll Caudill said. The cache included 14 assault weapons, and inside the backpack were extra magazines and a scope.

River walkers discover weapons cache

and here is the kicker

the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives also is investigating. If the guns are stolen, investigators said it may be hard to return them because most gun owners don't write down their serial numbers. Investigators are still searching for suspects.

From the OP link

"It is my understanding that department leaders were not informed about the inappropriate tactics employed in this operation until those tactics were made public and, as is customary, turned to those with supervisory responsibility over the operation in an effort to learn the facts." Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Well these are the facts. the supervisors were hiding weapons in the desert,probably don't even know where. but these stashes are being found by hikers. these must be the tactics used by ATF ( I assume hiding weapons in the desert for pick up) from the 4 page letter to holder. There was a report on the local radio that another weapons cache was found last week in southern NM. Sorry I cant link to radio waves for that story. So how many more caches are out there in the desert from this operation?

edit on 2-2-2012 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
I can't believe no one has reported this,,, I mean,,, This is the Administration that Promised Complete Openness and To Be Totally Transparent isn't it? Obama Promised

Well AG Holder is Still refusing to comply with request from the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.
Do you think it's because the President of this Committee is ( G_D Forbid,,, Republican ) Darrell Issa, R-Calif.

Here read for yourself.

In a four-page letter to Holder, Committee Chairman Darrell Issa, R-Calif., claims the Department of Justice has "misrepresented facts and misled Congress," which began its investigation of Operation Fast and Furious one year ago.

www.foxnews.com...
NO!!! Say It Aint Soooooo
Not one of Obamas Appointees!

Darrell Issa threatens Eric Holder with contempt,,,,,,,

Issa accused the Justice Department of trying to “obstruct our investigation and deceive the public” by withholding documents.

Your actions lead us to conclude that the department is actively engaged in a cover-up,” he said in a four-page letter.

OK, OK, This Next Text is Great,,, The Democrats are Bush from 2006.

The Democrats on the Oversight Committee have begun laying the groundwork for their strategy, and released a document Monday highlighting the fact that gun-walking had been used as far back as 2006, and was used in three previous investigations before Fast and Furious. Read more: www.politico.com...

Obama Can Do No Wrong.

I did a Search and found nothing on this article.

This was discussed on The Factor w/ Bill O'Reilly last night.

Holder has until February 9, 2012 to cough up 74,000 documents he is sitting on or

be held in contempt of congress.

This is it.

My guess is that Holder will produce the 74,000 page document dump and then resign in disgrace

on the same day. The documents will implicate Obama as well.

Add this mess to the recent CBO report showing the unemployment rate to be climbing back

over 9% soon and you should be hearing the clip, clop,clip,clop sound of the Hillary Horse

riding in to save the day for the liberals. It won't work but they have to try something.
--------
Fast & Furious Scandal wrapped around Obamas neck = end of the road for Team Obama.

edit on 2-2-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Eurisko 2012... I do hope your prognostications are correct and Holder goes down hard and Obama is defeated... great post and I agree...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCurmudgeon
Eurisko 2012... I do hope your prognostications are correct and Holder goes down hard and Obama is defeated... great post and I agree...

Did you see the congressional hearing yesterday?

Holy cow! What a mess. Eric Holder has been reduced to playing the - victim card -.

Why are they coming after me like this? This is like a witch hunt. boo hoo ....boo hoo..

The only victim is Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.
---------
Holder has been stonewalling for over a year.

Rep. Dan Burton is correct. Eric Holders position is baloney.

Judge Napolitano says Holder could actually be sitting in a jail cell for contempt

until he coughs up the 74,000 documents.

top topics

join