Originally posted by Blahable
I see typical contrails.
Nothing odd.

contrail go away they dont spread out and milk the sky white for the entire day

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
reply to post by Uncinus

Thanks for your civil response. Of all the pictures, #7 has some that look fairly similar to what I have seen. I'm sure this is a great area for the military jets to practice, because the air traffic here is almost nil. There are two air force bases in "close" enough proximity (Hollowman AFB by White Sands, and Cannon AFB to the north).

I do suspect that given enough time, you should be able to determine what these planes are, and what they are doing.

I'm assuming you are somewhere round Pecos or Monahans in West TX. A good start is to get familiar with both the conditions aloft, and the traffic aloft. Have a look here at the temperature and wind speed at 39,000 feet, it might surprise you (right now it's 73mph winds, and -79 degrees)

www.usairnet.com...

Then have a look at the traffic aloft. Here's Monahans KE01

flightaware.com...

Switch to the big map and zoom in.

You will see there is a LOT of high altitude traffic flying perfectly parallel paths overhead in both directions. That's why I still suspect that at least some of what you are seeing is just planes flying in opposite directions, and not a single plane turning around. (assuming you actually live within 50 miles of that flight path, that is)

If that does not help, then your best bet is going to be getting a photo of the plane. And preferably a video, or sequence of photos, or it turning around.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourignoranceisbliss

Keep plowing your head in the sand. I don't understand why debunkers try so hard.

Trust me - it's not hard at all

If you were a serious skeptic, you would be less concerned by what you think they are, and more concerned by the potential health risk they pose from what they might be.

why be concerned with what they might be when there is no actual evidence that they are other than what they actually ARE??

In fact I don't know of anyone who is unconcerned about air pollution - but there is enough REAL air pollution to be sorted out without charging off tilting at mythical windmills.

Think of it like religion.

It is often compared to religion.

A week or so ago some guy here said he'd rather believe 1 post by some other chap rather than all science and facts - he wasn't even trying to argue that het science is wrong - he's just adopted a faith based position regardless of evidence.....and I immediately thought of a messiah and a follower!!

You do yourself a disservice by denying the potential for harm. No one can laugh at you for trying to protect your own $#@.

No-one is actually denying the potential of contrails to cause harm in the form of pollution and global warming/climate change - there is a great deal of scientific endeavoor going on in order to investigate those aspects.
edit on 1-2-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by snalesnot

Originally posted by Blahable
I see typical contrails.
Nothing odd.

contrail go away they dont spread out and milk the sky white for the entire day

Yes they do, depending on weather conditions. It says so in the encyclopedia. And in all the book on clouds for the past 50 years.

Why do you think otherwise?

link   
Im in Austin as well and yesterday it was bad! I had to pull over off the road and take pictures because they were spraying such a crazy amount. It looked really weird and why so much? I was also noticing they are spraying West, where the sun sets and thats on a regular bases! I have been wanting to get more legit pictures of these types of days but need a better camera compared to my phone.

S & F! Thanks to posting this and pics!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Most of your answers are here.
The Holmestead
For the record, I don't pretend to know WHAT is being sprayed, but I know something is. I am looking for answers. I get in trouble for entertaining the trolls here that really aren't looking for answers, they simply pretend they have them all.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
And one more useful perspective: The daily satellite photos from MODIS:

lance-modis.eosdis.nasa.gov...

That one has West Texas mostly in the upper third of the photo, you can see the east/west contrails in the upper left corner. They will vary by day. Use the prev/next buttons to see other days. Use the "alternate pixel size" 250m to zoom right in.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
This thread appears to be broken down into 3 groups.
1. The people who have accepted the truth.
2. The people who wont accept the truth.
3. As always the common ATS troll.

From what Ive read, I seriously doubt anyone in groups 2&3 have conducted any real research into the matter, and are just hell bent on pressing the deny button. To those people, might I suggest a book to start kick start your journey "Chemtrails Confirmed - William Thomas"

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo515

From what Ive read, I seriously doubt anyone in groups 2&3 have conducted any real research into the matter, and are just hell bent on pressing the deny button. To those people, might I suggest a book to start kick start your journey "Chemtrails Confirmed - William Thomas"

How about adding

4. Debunkers.

You'll find that quite a few debunkers have actually done a LOT of research into the topic.

William Thomas was basically the person who started the theory. He's hardly credibly though, as even now he still insists that "normal" contrails should quickly dissipate.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

why be concerned with what they might be when there is no actual evidence that they are other than what they actually ARE??

Did you really just write this?

Preventative action, hello? You do realize the US Government is notorious for quietly doing insane things to its own people, right? Have you learned absolutely nothing from past examples? How can you in good conscience be so dismissive about something so obvious?

Also, there's not a whole hell of a lot you can do after you've developed cancer, or whatever ailment might come from these things. Once your life has been ruined, I'm sure you will have alot bigger immediate concerns than whether or not you should have taken chemtrails more seriously.

But perhaps that's the point. Deny ignorance (while you are slowly poisoned to death).

Are you somehow averse to the concept of investigation?

I can tell you right now, I grew up in a heavily populated city, with loads of daily air traffic in and out, and skies lined with chemtrails / contrails were never seen. Ever.

They are the "norm" now, and anyone who questions the norm is immediately given a bemused grin.

Enjoy being that frog in hot water, as you slowly boil to death.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TotallyFEDup88

I agree. Over major metropolitan areas they always seem to be spread over where the sun is or where it will very soon be. It always seems to be a general haze around the sun, whereas the rest of the skies can be extremely clear. It becomes more pronounced during sunsets.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Preventative action, hello? You do realize the US Government is notorious for quietly doing insane things to its own people, right? Have you learned absolutely nothing from past examples? How can you in good conscience be so dismissive about something so obvious?

Also, there's not a whole hell of a lot you can do after you've developed cancer, or whatever ailment might come from these things. Once your life has been ruined, I'm sure you will have alot bigger immediate concerns than whether or not you should have taken chemtrails more seriously.

But perhaps that's the point. Deny ignorance (while you are slowly poisoned to death).

I can tell you right now, I grew up in a heavily populated city, with loads of daily air traffic in and out, and skies lined with chemtrails / contrails were never seen. Ever.

They are the "norm" now, and anyone who questions the norm is immediately given a bemused grin.

Enjoy being that frog in hot water, as you slowly boil to death.

edit on 1-2-2012 by yourignoranceisbliss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

so naive, I love how people always say that there can be no chemtrails, and be so sure and final with their answers. the truth is you have no idea if this is what is happening or not, you're not TPTB, so you certainly do not have a clue if these are real or not. You also look pretty young, and my guess is that you have not been alive long enough to look up, and really notice significant change. I don't ever remember contrails hanging in the sky like these do. Or checkering the sky so dramatically. So before you start dealing in absolutes maybe you should prove to us they don't exist. Please show the proof they don't exist, please, please, please. on the other hand I will show you evidence that they do exist. I did not say proof, I said evidence. But since you are so sure of yourself that they don't exist, I want your proof, if you can handle showing us that.......

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo515

ya, don't let it get to you too much. sometimes you just can't fix stupid.........

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
But surely, here, in the chemtrail conspiracy, we have a case of something that walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, but anyone who says it IS a duck is being called blind and ignorant for not believing it is a carnivorous duck billed dinosaur, after all, we know there were other, different kinds of dinosaur in the past, so why not now? Whatsmore, a man who sells duck billed dinosaur DVD's and repellent products says it is, so it must be true.

Still looks like a duck though
edit on 1-2-2012 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Another poster in another thread asked the chemtrailers a few questions that have still not been answered.

Maybe someone here can offer information.

Can you find any company that manufactures chemicals for the spraying?
Can you identify a company that makes or maintains the spraying apparatus?
Can you identify anyone that has modified planes to do this work?
Can you identify any individual that has:
1. Worked on a plane that did any spraying like chemtrails
2. Flown a mission to make chemtrails?
3. Had anything to do in any way with people or planes that make chemtrails

Also, what are the purposes of the spraying, and what are they spraying.

From 40 years of jet flying experience.....they are all just contrails, but I would like some answers to the questions.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Having done bad thing in the past is good reason to be suspicious for sure.

but suspicion is not evidence of existence.

If you think that the US having "sprayed stuff" in the 1950's and 60's is evidence for chemtrails existing now, then you must also believe that black slavery and the US is at war with Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan.

Suspicion is not evidence of existence.

not at all - however having done some investigation it is how you then treat what you ahve found that is important.

A lot of people have investigated contrails - there is a lot of well documented scientific evidence about them. tehr is no such evidence about "chemtails" - all the testing for materials, for example, either shows perfectly normal levels, or is presented dishonestly, or both at the same time!!

All the stuff about chemtrails persist and contrails do not has been shown to be nonsense - even Michael J Murphy who created "What in the World are they Spraying" admits as much.

Well I grew up in Christchurch - a medium sized city on the South Island of New Zealand - and I saw contrails spanning the whole width of the sky back in the 1960's from flights between Wellington and Dunedin - and that was when the whole country had only 8-10 jets flying domestically - they weer unusual and remarkable at the time.

Yes they are the norm now - there are twice as many large jet airliners flying now as there were in 1990, and the engines are more likely to make contrails - these things are established fact - and they logically result in a proliferation of contrails.

Contrails as visual pollution or as potentially altering the climate are certainly factual too.

Chemtrails as some super-secret nefarious activity to achieve any 1 or more of a bunch of unproven ends (geo-engineering, population control, amplifying HAARP, hiding Nibiru, etc) remain a conspiracy theory for a reason -the reason being there isn't any credible evidence to support their existence..

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Having done bad thing in the past is good reason to be suspicious for sure.

but suspicion is not evidence of existence.

If you think that the US having "sprayed stuff" in the 1950's and 60's is evidence for chemtrails existing now, then you must also believe that black slavery and the US is at war with Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan.

Suspicion is not evidence of existence.

But it's a good indication of what to expect. And remember, people in general were alot more moral back then.

Imagine the kind of evil sh#t people are capable of now, especially here in America.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Yeah, it makes no sense to pollute your own air...were not the only ones who breathe it. TPTB have to breathe this crap too you think they would pollute the very air they breathe...I doubt it.
I should of used the word poison instead of pollute because we "pollute" our air constantly lol.
edit on 1-2-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

But it's a good indication of what to expect.

no - it's a good indication of what to suspect - but I am at least glad that you realise that something having been done in the past does not mean it is being done now.

And remember, people in general were alot more moral back then.

Moral relativism isn't provable and also isn't actually evidence that something is actually being done now.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution