It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying 'people' in NY?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
OK not so much, but it could have fooled alot of people. I hadnt seen any reports of flying people in NYC, but if there had been, here is the explanation:

What looked to be three people were spotted flying around the skies of lower Manhattan last Friday, causing a lot of double-takes and dropped jaws from onlookers. But while it appeared to be a sight straight out of a comic book, it was actually a clever bit of viral marketing for this week's upcoming film "Chronicle." Those aren't people in the air, but some very intricately designed radio-controlled airplanes. Watch the video of their flight, and keep reading to learn how it was done.

Flying People

Its actually pretty cool looking and to get a close up view of the rc planes and how they were constructed is also worth the watch.

I can imagine if I had seen this things flying, the lat thing nI would have thought of was a viral marketing ploy for a movie, but that's exactly what this was.

Kinda makes you think what else that has been spotted in the skies has such a mundane explanation.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
its Peter Pan & the lost boy's

they're rc kites
I want 1

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Great...i'm betting there's going to be threads about flying humanoids and all that crap now. See what you done gone and did?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Those aren't people in the air, but some very intricately designed radio-controlled airplanes.

The weather balloon excuse was going down like a lead zepplin and the swamp gas ploy was starting to smell fishy. :p

Sachyriel holds no opinion on the idea of flying people being something novel, he considers it a fact that's mundane, not exciting.
edit on 31-1-2012 by Sachyriel because: bracket in quote end tag

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
OMG CHEMTRAIL IN THE BACKGROUND AT 1:07!!

jk .. had to before someone said it ...

Seriously cool though, I'd love to own one of those things

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
It really is, just a matter of time before one of these viral marketing stunts results in absolute tragedy when the status quo ATS user sees something similar with their own eyes, freaks out and does something drastic.

It's a fine line to be walking IMO.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
hey, do a search, this is a few days old

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Please contribution additional comments to previously existing thread located here.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

top topics

join