It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans in Arizona plan to nearly wipe out public unions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The State senate has introduced legislation that could eliminate public employee unions in Arizona.

Public employees and government agencies would be prohibited from collective bargaining.

Democrats of course are against the new "proposals".

Republicans in the Arizona Senate introduced legislation on Tuesday that could eliminate public employee unions, according to Talking Points Memo.

The bills go even further than those proposed in Wisconsin last year, which lead to massive pro-union protests at the state Capitol.

“At first glance, it looks like an all out assault on the right of workers to organize,” Senate Minority Leader David Schapira (D) told TPM. “And to me, that’s a serious problem.”

I wonder if Lobby groups are pressing these things state by state ?

Maybe the Koch Bros ?

“They’ll realize that unions don’t do much for them.”

Is There a Trend Here ?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Woot, I hate unions.

Now that laws are in place to protect the worker, there isn't a need for a union.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Unions screw people out of jobs and are as corrupt as any nations government. Unions are basically legalized Mafia, some of them will break your legs if you try to work without joining them. my former brother in law got threats for trying to be an independant contractor.
edit on 31-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Excellent Find, I had not heard about this,,,, Arizona is a Right To Work State, Unions are low profile here.
I personally don't like Unions, I think the Unions are what screwed up the Automobile and Steel Industries.

My husband had a friend he known sense H/S who made $18.00 an hour, using a push broom at a GM plant for 8 years Out Right Abusing Light Duty Policy,,,, he was a Union Stewart and then V.P. of the Local.
He finally got caught and was put on the line,,,,, But Not Fired

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Unions are good and bad. I have been a union member in the past working in coal burning power plants; nuke plant and a paper mill. Unions are still needed today because of corporate business practices.

I once saw a dock manager at a non-union place I worked tell an employee who had hurt his back, "to go home, pack your back in ice and come in on Monday to see if you have a job. The guy went to the emergency room and was later let go. I myself actually took them to the National Labor relations board and easily won a judgement when they fired me for "union activities" and they even told unemployment that I let go "because I was hurt on the job and could not do my work" which is also illegal but the prime company was under fire for anti-union activities.

Or once at Peach Bottom Atomic Power Plant a weekend supervisor demanded that we remove a set of scaffolding in a radioactive contaminated area which was used to replace a bunch of asbestoes insulation. He was blowing up at us because we would not go in and do the job because it was all asbestoes related work. None of us had any asbestoes licenses...... state mandated 40 hour training course

Only fools believe that the NLRB and the corporate arbitrators look out for the working person. I also agree that unions have pushed the enevlope too far.....

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

well said!

new topics

top topics

join