It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupiers Dump Condoms on Catholic School Girls

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

There is not a larger movement. The whole movement is comprised of these local rogue cells which are hell bent on disrupting anything that will ultimately lead to camera coverage for the Occupy name. (no cause behind the movement to cover). They simply don't care because the ends justify the means. However, they do not know what they are in for. Just look at Oakland. The idiots in the group there invaded city hall and destroyed a children's art exhibit. Totally out of line and once again disrespectful.

Until the OWS band of rag tag ring leaders (the Obama admin) formally denounces the behavior that we are seeing unfold everyday, nothing will change until the NATO G8 Summit in Chicago. All bets are off in May because all eyes will be watching Chicagoland. The hometown of one of Occupies biggest fans.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Dear Chewingonmushrooms,

Please don't take this as a personal criticism. My synapses just happened to fire when your post was the most recent in the thread.

Another thing I would like to add is how conservatives and those against OWS will add this in every rant from this point on and connect it to the larger OWS movement. Doesn't matter that it is a small group which wishes to push the OWS label, or that they are obviously pushing their own agenda. Nope it's the whole OWS from now on.

It just dawned on me that THERE ISN'T ANY OWS! Sure, some people say there is, but if you draw attention to Oakland you'll be told "You can't judge a whole movement by a few people." This has become the way for people to dodge any responsibility for what they do. "Oh, if it's bad or ugly then it wasn't OWS." Look at the responses in this thread. You'll see three or four different ways of saying, "It didn't happen, it wasn't that bad, it was outsiders, the other side isn't innocent."

You'll hear the same thing about DC, New York, anywhere that the group gets coverage. Everyone says "That's not OWS." No one has ever said "THIS is OWS." Why not, because there isn't any OWS. It's just a brand name dreamed up in Canada to attempt to give legitimacy to individuals scattered all over who want to fuss. Oh, people will say "OWS is . . ." and then offer a description of some utopian organization dedicated to fighting evil, but, just like the famous "worker's paradise," they can never point to one.

You can't even find some one to say "If OWS existed, this is what it would believe." There is no formal list approved by OWS authority, they're all "drafts" or "suggestions." The last word is that they're hoping to have their demands drafted and approved by elected representatives prior to Election Day.

Again, dear chewingonmushrooms, I hope you can see that I'm not questioning you, simply a position that I've seen taken over and over.

I'm not going to proofread or reword this. You're getting it just as it exploded in my tiny brain.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It really, really is high time they started handing Pink Slips out by the box load to the Police. These lazy jerks have done NOTHING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to deal with this rancid scum.

It is clear that a whole new slew of Police URGENTLY need to be hired who will actually enforce the law and order and go in and smash flat the OWS folk, sweep them off the streets and slam them to the back of the prison cells for a good long few decades.

People have a FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT TO LIVE IN PEACE WITHOUT FEAR AND INTIMIDATION FROM THESE FILTHY THUGS, their testosterone thighs begging for a chance to use a baseball bat on our Priests, our daughters and our loved ones.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Was anyone able to find pictures?
Please just post a link to them
if you do not feel like embedding.
I really would LOVE to see what this
looked like, COULD YOU IMAGINE
THE GIRLS FACES!!
:lo l:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I see what you are saying... if its something good its obviously OWS

if its not good its the "Bad apples" and they "arent ows"

makes perfect sense... in a circular logic world, this makes sense to those people... great post!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Yeah Dude! Pictures or it didn't happen.... Actually, I doubt that Father Bernard Healey, the executive director of the Rhode Island Catholic Conference, who was in attendance at this event would be called a liar. I'll take his word over the incoherent blabber of the OWS and their supporters.

You forgot to add one more laughing emoticon to your post. Therefore, it is just as ineffective as the Occupy movement.
(Just enough)
edit on 1-2-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

agreed a man of the cloth's word is > smoking, drinking drum circle playing hippies....

makes perfect sense in my mind...

OH WAIT... I can already see the OWS defense "but the priests touch little boys" or... You are a republican therefore you are against us...

last time I checked more than 1% of the population is republican... Maybe we can sue OWS for false advertising?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Dear Chewingonmushrooms,

Please don't take this as a personal criticism. My synapses just happened to fire when your post was the most recent in the thread.

Another thing I would like to add is how conservatives and those against OWS will add this in every rant from this point on and connect it to the larger OWS movement. Doesn't matter that it is a small group which wishes to push the OWS label, or that they are obviously pushing their own agenda. Nope it's the whole OWS from now on.

It just dawned on me that THERE ISN'T ANY OWS! Sure, some people say there is, but if you draw attention to Oakland you'll be told "You can't judge a whole movement by a few people." This has become the way for people to dodge any responsibility for what they do. "Oh, if it's bad or ugly then it wasn't OWS." Look at the responses in this thread. You'll see three or four different ways of saying, "It didn't happen, it wasn't that bad, it was outsiders, the other side isn't innocent."

You'll hear the same thing about DC, New York, anywhere that the group gets coverage. Everyone says "That's not OWS." No one has ever said "THIS is OWS." Why not, because there isn't any OWS. It's just a brand name dreamed up in Canada to attempt to give legitimacy to individuals scattered all over who want to fuss. Oh, people will say "OWS is . . ." and then offer a description of some utopian organization dedicated to fighting evil, but, just like the famous "worker's paradise," they can never point to one.

You can't even find some one to say "If OWS existed, this is what it would believe." There is no formal list approved by OWS authority, they're all "drafts" or "suggestions." The last word is that they're hoping to have their demands drafted and approved by elected representatives prior to Election Day.

Again, dear chewingonmushrooms, I hope you can see that I'm not questioning you, simply a position that I've seen taken over and over.

I'm not going to proofread or reword this. You're getting it just as it exploded in my tiny brain.

With respect,
Charles1952

You make some valid points and I cannot say I disagree with your analysis. The thing is IMO I think OWS represents real people; we come from all walks in life and believe in many different issues. We also disagree. Problem with the conservative way (I'm not a partisan, it's just an observation) is that they all believe in sticking to a ship regardless if it is sinking. It's a type of stubborness. They view (generalizing here of course) disagreement in a camp as mutany. There are pros and cons to that approach, just like there are pros and cons to the liberal way (flexible, open ended but can't agree on anything for the life of them).

I agree with those that are critical against the OWS in that 3 or less topics should be spearheaded or focused on. In that sense I think the conservative approach is the more productive way to gain some change, even if it is perceived in baby steps. You can't demand the house burn down without people actually backing you that isn't your college bud. So I understand your point and others as well.

My issue is focusing on the negative parts (minority of the time) while ignoring the positive parts (majority of the time and issues that need addressing).
edit on 1-2-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Yes of course it involves REAL people... People are real... doesn't mean they are intelligent... I feel like someone said this or close to it "Doctors going to an Ivy league school are democrats till they get their first paycheck"

it was in regards to unfair taxing of the wealthy.... OWS people need to stop asking for handouts
edit on 1-2-2012 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ballisticmousse

It is clear that a whole new slew of Police URGENTLY need to be hired who will actually enforce the law and order and go in and smash flat the OWS folk, sweep them off the streets and slam them to the back of the prison cells for a good long few decades.

People have a FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT TO LIVE IN PEACE.

... enforce the law and order and go in and smash flat the OWS folk, sweep them off the streets and slam them to the back of the prison cells for a good long few decades.

FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT TO LIVE IN PEACE

... enforce the law and order and go in and smash flat the OWS folk, sweep them off the streets and slam them to the back of the prison cells for a good long few decades.

Get it? Of course not. Never mind.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ancient Champion
I'm sure if the Tea Party were to dump condoms on a Pro-Choice rally you wouldn't be so relaxed

No, no it'd still be funny.

Catholic schoolgirls, condoms, did no one else crack up at the sheer irony of this.

Besides wouldn't a pro-choice group be more likely to accept free condoms...

If it's free, it's for me.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

Yes of course it involves REAL people... People are real... doesn't mean they are intelligent... I feel like someone said this or close to it "Doctors going to an Ivy league school are democrats till they get their first paycheck"

it was in regards to unfair taxing of the wealthy.... OWS people need to stop asking for handouts
edit on 1-2-2012 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

Lol unfair taxing on the wealthy, thanks for the laugh.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

I like mine better..

get it? Hippies, job applications?

works the same way!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

Hippies and job applications is a perfect analogy. Kudos!

Sorry, didn't notice your post about such at first, saw the post I quoted and I just had to respond before reading the rest of the thread.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

You'll appreciate this

edit on 1-2-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

You'll appreciate this

That video is unavailable right now, currently being processed. If you uploaded it a moment ago, it'll take a while to get past the authorizations that Youtube has in place.

EDIT: NVM, works now.
edit on 1-2-2012 by Sachyriel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Dear Chewingonmushrooms,

Thank you for a kinder reply than I deserved. I agree with you as well.

There are real people and real complaints. The complaints about our country should be addressed. We should decide on how much of the country's principles have to be preserved to keep America, America. Those should be preserved with the conservative's stubborness. Solutions to the other problems should be met with liberal flexibility.

Focusing on the negative parts of OWS helps insure that it becomes either violent or ineffective. Either is a terrible waste. There is so much potential available, and our country needs all the help it can get.

Please allow me to offer a completely crazy idea, which is clearly impossible. Merge OWS with the Tea Party. (I know, the neighbors have already called the psych ward.) But think what we could accomplish with OWSers passion, the Tea Party's general acceptance and solid Americanism, OWS's in with the Democrats, while the Tea Party would help with Republicans. The Tea Party with Middle America, OWS with the cities. The tea party with the elders, OWS with the youngers.

All that's left is to agree on the issues. How about fighting corrupt and wasteful government? I'd bet there are more that each side could agree to work together on.

In the meantime, fighting between the two extremes would be reduced and it would really be "The People."

I like it, but remember, the psych ward has been called for me.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join