It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran launches Spanish TV in jab at America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Iran launches Spanish TV in jab at America

arabnews.com

The launch is Tehran’s latest effort to reach out to friendly governments in Latin America and follows Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s four-nation tour of the region earlier in January, which included stops in Cuba and visits to Venezuela, Nicaragua and Ecuador.

It also comes as Washington and Europe have imposed tougher sanctions on Tehran over its controversial nuclear program. The EU last week imposed an oil embargo against Iran and froze the assets of its central bank. In December, the United States said it would bar financial institutions from the US market if they do business with Iran’s
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.sltrib.com
news.in.msn.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Mexican students uncover cyber plot against U.S.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This is a very dangerous game Iran is playing with the US. There are some who already believe that Hezbollah has set up camp in Venezuela and other Latin American countries, and are waiting in response to attack the US.

On December 9, Mexicans students supposedly uncovered a cyber plot aimed at American infrastructure, more can be seen at the source below under related threads.

Hopefully this whole thing with Iran will smooth over, and not brew into an all out war.

arabnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Looks like it might be a good idea to counter with an American version of this Iran propaganda.
Like the old "Radio Free Europe" introducing..........
"Telemundo Free South America"

edit on 31-1-2012 by grubblesnert because: change sumtin'

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I wonder if there is an effort to spread Islamic ideas to Spanish speaking populations.

How popular is Islam in South America ?

I think Spanish is the 2nd or 3rd most widely spoken language.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
That's good. I don't see a problem with having more TV options. Why it has to be a bad thing? ....just because is iranian?

We've been watching junk tv shows and fake tv news 100% made in USA for years and it seems to be ok. Don't like it?.....the remote control is your friend.

I don't have a weak mind, I can watch that channel without getting brainwashed.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
I wonder if there is an effort to spread Islamic ideas to Spanish speaking populations.

Mmmmm....I don't think islamic ideas can have a huge succeed in latin america :

No cerveza, no fiesta, hot mamacitas all covered with clothes.

Nope, It won't work.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

It would never be popular, there are mosques and that but is very uncommon, there is one in my city and i only know about another on in the country, most arabs here are christians, not muslims and very few of the muslims i know are strict, i had one friend in college, muslim and he spent his time drinking, smoking, eating pork, he didn't care.

And by native speakers we are the second after mandarin.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

reply to post by MonteroReal

I thought so !

The Catholic Church is strong in Spanish populations.

Iran must be looking for political/human support.

AND, possibly advertising revenues as well !!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I believe what they want is the lithium, besides other natural resources from south america.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Guess what they want to do with the lithium though.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Trueman

I thought so !

Amadinajab must be shmoozing up to benedict as we speak

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by Trueman

Guess what they want to do with the lithium though.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

HAHAHA.....I hope they'll use it for that only.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I think the only thing you will notice is that the presenter might be wearing a headscarf. RT doesn't bang on about communism or The Party so I doubt ITV (?) will be a platform for Islamic fundamentalists. Probably it will be more like Al-Jazeera would be my guess. OK, well maybe with really corny ads then.

ETA It's also quite ironic. Russia had its purges back in the day. Some time after the US did the same thing with suspected communists. They were the terrorists of their day. It seems to be coming full swing again. Politics and religion are the usual suspects when it comes to the cause of war. I guess it must still be politics turn.
edit on 31/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
That's good. I don't see a problem with having more TV options. Why it has to be a bad thing? ....just because is iranian?

We've been watching junk tv shows and fake tv news 100% made in USA for years and it seems to be ok. Don't like it?.....the remote control is your friend.

I don't have a weak mind, I can watch that channel without getting brainwashed.

You don’t see a problem? Where do you live?? It must not be the US of A, because if it is then you MOST CERTAINLY have a problem. It’s time for you to use the ATS search function.

Iran is exploiting its growing ties and common interests with Latin American countries to deploy there its familiar pieces from the Middle Eastern and African chessboards. Those "pieces" include subversive and propaganda activity, terror and smuggling, and the development of long-range military capabilities. In this context, there have been reports that Iran is seeking to establish a missile base in Venezuela, at the doorstep of the "great Satan."

link

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
We get bombarded with absolute garbage American TV programs here in Australia that I for one, consider an insult to my intelligence. So I don't watch. I don't even have TV in my house.

I'd rather watch Iranian propaganda than another yank sitcom!!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

You’ll come around soon enough. Just keep eating that McDonalds and it’ll all make sense one day!

Listen, as I posted above, it’s not about TV. Iran is making nice-nice with Latin America so they can have new terrorist training grounds and hopefully a forward deployed missile base from which to attack the US.

From your tone I think it’s safe to say that’s fine with you too!

To each his own!!

Try the McRib!!

edit on 31-1-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Thanks mate! That's the missing link! The fact that I don't eat McDonalds/KFC/Hungry Jacks (Burger King) etc. etc. I may have to step outside my comfort zone so I can be educated.

New recruits and a forward missile base in South America? Plausible, potential theory. America doesn't have any friends in South America as it is (bar the puppets) so yes, friends may derive from mutual enemies.

To be 100% honest, I don't see how missile bases in South America, pointed at North America are any different to the numerous U.S missile bases around the world. Regardless of who it's pointed at I'd be quite happy not to see another missile base...anywhere in the world.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Trueman

I thought so !

Don't worry, we won't convert to islam, after all, a lot of us descend from the spaniards who kick out the muslims from Spain.

But we still don't like and maybe we will never like gringos

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
If Iran wants an unlimited supply of bad soap operas, more power to them.

As far as them meeting with spanish speaking nations..... ok. I really don't see what the big deal is here.

Could be a problem down the road.... maybe.

There are way to many variables that would have to come to pass for it become an issue. So much so that I refuse to worry about it.

If the Iranian government wants to subject their people to overweight latin women in thongs 24-7, I suppose that's their right, and I, for one, won't lose any sleep over this.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
If Iran wants an unlimited supply of bad soap operas, more power to them.

As far as them meeting with spanish speaking nations..... ok. I really don't see what the big deal is here.

Could be a problem down the road.... maybe.

There are way to many variables that would have to come to pass for it become an issue. So much so that I refuse to worry about it.

If the Iranian government wants to subject their people to overweight latin women in thongs 24-7, I suppose that's their right, and I, for one, won't lose any sleep over this.

Yes, that's right, overweight latin women in thongs

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join