It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Rabbit Passed Away..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'm seeing a rather long list of more tenured members affording their condolence(s) here ... a good thing, no matter any given member's 'time' or tenure on the boards.
good stuff, folks!
supporting and/or paying tribute to one of our own who has apparently since passed.

Dave - R.I.P. Brother

You ruffled my feathers on numerous an occasion and made me think otherwise at times ... despite our disagreeance and opposition throughout ... but we always 'came to' and/or appreciated each other's opinion of and respect for the same.

one of the first avatars i put together for ya ... it was fun

Rest In Peace, Dave ... and may your family and others do the same.

Jon

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Thank you Zorgon for bringing this to my attention, and thank you to whoever put it on the daily update.

The pictures of the guys all together remind of when I first came to ATS ... there were alot of laughs and silly stuff back then... and there was Dave and Johnny to entertain us as we all journeyed down the rabbit hole (no pun intended) together in search of the truth. That all seems so long ago.

I will say prayers for Dave and his loved ones tonight, and for all the truth seekers still here searching.

Thanks for all the laughs Dave. "Fair winds and following seas and long may your big jib draw!"
edit on 1-2-2012 by yankeerose because: format

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Rest in peace Dave. You really made us look down the rabbit's hole and brought awesome insight countless numbers of times. You will be missed brotha.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
RIP Dave Rabbit. Condolences to those who knew him, and to his family.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I was just wondering what David died of. I too am his age and a Vietnam vet. However, I got rid of the agent orange back in the 90's. I*'ve seen the meds the VA gives these guys do a number on them. I never went that route and was wondering if David did. I've seen the cholesterol lowering meds kill folks too. What did David die of?? Doc

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Oh My Lord This is Sad news. Another Great One gone from our lovely community. Thanks for reopening the Dave Rabbit forum SO I had wondered where he went awhile back there was no update for a while and I thought it was odd at the time.

R.I.P D.Rabbit. You are missed. Regardless of how long its been since we heard from you.

Makes me realise what a great and loving community/world we have here on ATS. Bittersweet as it is everytime we lose a member.

My heart and thoughts are with his family and friends and his ATS family.

themuse

edit on 1/2/2012 by themuse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
WOW I just cannot believe it, I spoke with Dave a few times on ATS and facebook he seemed like a real genuine guywith a good sense of humour his work in and outside of ATS will be missed but never fogotten. R.I.P Dave

edit on 2/1/2012 by altered_states because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by altered_states

Again, What killed David? Did he get "offed" by the enemies of ATF? Was he suffering a disease process? Did prolonged use of the meds the VA prescribes kill him? Agent Orange from Vietnam? Parasites from Vietnam?

Doc Sutter

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Hello all,

I am Dave's son Dallas. I stumbled upon this topic when looking for old stuff my dad did. First of all thank you for your condolences and I'm glad you enjoyed my dads work, comedy, and antics. If you want to know what happened to my dad, here it is. In July 2011 my dad went in to have a "stent" put into one his heart valves because it was determined there was some blockage. Once they went in to do this procedure about an hour later the doctor came out to talk to me with a heart diagram in hand. He said that my dad had 90% blockage in one of his main valves and significant blockage in two others. The next morning they performed a triple by-pass. After his heart surgery he was battling fibrillation, or abnormal heart rhythm, it wasn't anything that deterred him from normal activity but he could feel it. He had two "restarts" where they try and shock you into getting back into a normal heart beat. The doctors then put him on a drug that is used to treat such a thing called AMIODARONE. Shortly after Christmas my dad had severe coughing and congestion. He went to his family doctor that told him to get the emergency room immediately. I was notified that he was in the E.R. and I rushed to the hospital. The doctors initially told us that it was pneumonia, and that he would be out of the hospital in two to three days. Two days later he was placed in I.C.U. with suspected Amiodarone Toxicity. He was placed on a breathing machine on January 7th 2012. I stayed at the hospital for three weeks, everyday, every night. It was a hard thing to watch, and a hard thing to understand or accept. For there was no cure for his diagnoses, we got second opinions, tried progressive treatments, and did all we could. Unfortunately on January 20th, he passed away. Google this drug, it is dangerous and what took my dad away from us. Again, thanks for sharing all of your memories, and I'm glad you liked what he did.

-Dallas
edit on 1-2-2012 by LucidNitemare because: wrong date

edit on 1-2-2012 by LucidNitemare because: date

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Thank you so much Dallas for telling us about your Father, my heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

Thank you again.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidNitemare

Dallas

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share with us the reason for your fathers passing. I enjoyed your fathers contributions and view on things. Side note, I lost my mother in a very similar fashion. I know personally how hard these times can be.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Thank you Dallas. They killed my brother with the same drug 4 years ago. Also that reporter on TV that used that little chalk board. Tim Russert I think his name was. Of course the doctors didn't tell you about any of the "natural" ways to correct blocked arteries and eliminate arithmias. Nattokinase and Magnesium supplementation. I've been teaching people how to come back from "terminal" for 12 years now and it always angers me to no end when I see this happen to one of the Vietnam guys. Well, anyone for that matter but being a Vietnam Vet it hits home when they kill one of us.
Thank you very much Dallas. The Vietnam guys are special. They deserved much better. My condolences.
Doc Sutter

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
RIP Dave, My condolences to his family,

Ill remember the old chats we all used to have, Im sure up there you will be hosting some kinda show

Sleep well,

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Just in case some of you may have never heard Dave Rabbit on the old ATSmix shows here at ATS, here's a 2007 end of the year silly special.

Outtakes, Goofs, Blunders & Wishes - ATS MIX 50

And here's another silly ATSmix ATS.MIX: 100 - Special Anniversary Show Outtakes, Bloopers & Gaffs (Oh My)

And here's a special Dave Rabbit Homage we did in Show 30 – The Dave Rabbit Homage

If you want to catch any of the other ATSmix shows featuring Dave, (he did a great interview with Jane Fonda and Shirley Maclaine also), you can listen to them here at the ol' ATSmix Shows Archive

Dave...
I hope you finally have found some peace of mind by finding just the 'right mic' for that one-of-a-kind type voice of yours...

Johnny

edit on 2/2/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
R.I.P Dave

A true soldier of the truth

I had the honour of being interviewed by him and johhny, was a real fun experience i then signed up to mr rabbits email and followed his antics a little.

The world has lost a true legend and my thoughts go out to his family

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Dave Rabbit...

Rest in Peace, my friend.

A friend of mine who served in Vietnam remembers him with great fondness. I suppose that's as good a legacy as any... To be remembered with great fondness.

...and great respect.

Bye, Dave.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Absolutely terrible news. He was taken so soon... he had many years left.

Dave was a wonderful man and I loved listening to his work old and new. I loved reading his posts and stories too. I remember his bucket list thread which was fantastic.

The world has lost a true gentleman and an icon.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

So very sorry for your loss, Dallas. What a cool guy and, I'm sure, a great dad. R.I.P. David.

Regards and God bless you and yours,
Rob

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Listened to Dave & Johnny on ATS Mix all the time back in the day, it was great, and I encourage those who missed out to take advantage of them being around online when and if you have the time. I was sad when I found out Dave was no longer doing the ATS Mix, and am much more sad now to find out that he has passed. RIP Dave.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
He was always very nice to me. He lived essentially up the road from me(One town over). He certainly had a big personality, to say the least.......We kept in touched and talked. So I am sad to hear of this

I always thought it was kind of cool that he sent ME a friend request on facebook.

I used to love the old show with Johnny and him and was sad when it ended, but understood why.

He ruffled a few feathers ( That may be putting it lightly for some) but some how, at the end of the day, I truly believe he was a very well meaning guy.

Rest In Peace Dave buddy! Here is to broadcasting from above.

edit on 9-2-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join