It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Martial Art Is Right For You? Which Ones Are Effective? What Style TO Learn?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Very good point. I also trainned in Muay Thai before turning to Ninjutsu. I loved it. Yes, I agree with Ichimonji not being as effective against MT. all of our Kamae correlate with an element found in nature. In my opinion, as far as "Kamae" go, our "Hira no Kamae"- flat posture may be effective only because it uses windlike movements and moves around and parry's all punches and kicks. Ultimately for MT though the only real way to better a MT fighter is through strong aggression, take the fight to them..You cannot fight defensively against a MT fighter, you will loose everytime! You'd have to drive right through them , through the centerline, past them. I wouldn't advise to get into a "trading shots" match with them. try looking some up on youtube.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by celticdog

I'm very sorry, but i think this video is rigged. The first guy who was recieving the punching was acting. I mean, dude come on.
edit on 3-2-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Mccw2003

Thanks for the reply mate

Very interesting, i have been a MT practitioner for a while, but i am also looking at taking up Ninjitsu. Would you recommend it? One is a Nanzan Dojo and the other is a Bujinkan Dojo. They are the two Dojos in the city.

Thanks
edit on 3-2-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

youtu.be...

Here is a clip of what Ninjutsu can do. Here is the Grandmaster-Soke Masaaki Hatsumi. This barely begins to scratch the surface of his skill. Once you get past all the Narration in the clip, pay attention to his skill while he's teaching.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mccw2003

Thanks, i'll check it now

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

The only true source left in the world of all Budo and Ninjutsu is Bujinkan. It will change your outlook on combat. give it a try, at least one class. Usually the Shidoshi will at least allow you to observe a class before making a descision.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mccw2003

The only true source left in the world of all Budo and Ninjutsu is Bujinkan. It will change your outlook on combat. give it a try, at least one class. Usually the Shidoshi will at least allow you to observe a class before making a descision.

Thanks for the reply and the link

The skill displayed is phenomenal. The techniques were very fluid. I am sold.

Again thank you very much

edit on 3-2-2012 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegremlin666
reply to post by PaxVeritas

Aikido isnt allowed into the MMA, because the fights end to quickly and violently. In aikido u break the guys arm in 3 places on his first punch then flip him. No ones going to pay to see a fight that ends in 20 sec , and the losing fighter cant fight for the next 6 months while his arm heals.

Before MMA was a big hit, there was fights like that allowed to take place. U can find some old video's if you look hard enough. But aikdo is actually one of the only "Banned" martial arts in MMA

Your post is so full of crap I don't know where to begin.

Firstly "MMA" is mixed martial arts. How many times does this need to be clarified. You're talking about either UFC, or Pride fights..'cage matches'. That is NOT "MMA".

Secondly, I've never heard of Aikido being 'banned' from those fights.

Thridly, and I'm gonna say this now because I've seen it on the thread so many times it's getting to me....

AIKIDO SUCKS

Aikido guys got their asses handed to them in professional fights. Why? It's stance is open to so many exploits. It doesn't teach strikes, doesn't teach a ground game, and depends on so many obvious defenses to the typical 'windmill" attacker it's silly. Nobody attacks people like guys in Stephen Segal movies. That's not even reality. And almost all the demos of them are FAKE students giving arms and falls. I can't even find a video showing Aikido being used in real life.

Sure some throws and grabs can be taken from Aikido, but by itself it's SILLY. It lacks so much it's almost useless as it is. Like Taekwondo...it's NOT going to defend you in a real situation against a street fighter or thug who's attacked people his whole life and has the scars to prove it.

I know that offends people but I don't care. I didn't create this thread to make friends. You can rail at me all you ant Aikido guys, but you're joking yourselves. I know some here want to talk about "Grandmasters" and belts and stuff but c'mon.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

You're talking about either UFC, or Pride fights..'cage matches'. That is NOT "MMA".

Agree with the rest of your post except this statement above. IF what you see in UFC and Pride is not MMA what is it?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

youtu.be...

Here is a clip of what Ninjutsu can do. Here is the Grandmaster-Soke Masaaki Hatsumi. This barely begins to scratch the surface of his skill. Once you get past all the Narration in the clip, pay attention to his skill while he's teaching.

I watched the clip and sorry to say but most of the stuff in there is useless in a real life situation. Its typical throw one punch and then let the so called master do his thing on you and roll with it. People do not attack like that In a street fight this master would get taken down and have the ship beat out of him. This is the exact kind of nonsense Bruce lee exposed in the 60's an they hated him for it.

Wrist locks and finger locks etc. are great of you can get a hold of and control the wrist but your not going to get one on a guy power/chain punching you, most people are not just going to throw one punch and stand there and let you do your thing

These demonstrations always make me laugh there is no way to gage a combat art except on a live session as close to real as possible like 90-95% at least. Let me come at master so and so full on and if he can toss me around like in the demo then I'll be a believer until then this is just nonsense. Which is why you never see videos of these masters demonstrating in live session or even a a hard sparring session.

Just my opinion take it or leave it...

edit on 3-2-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

MMA is "mixed martial arts".

UFC is UFC

PRIDE is PRIDE.

I don't know how to say it any simpler.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
reply to post by hawkiye

MMA is "mixed martial arts".

UFC is UFC

PRIDE is PRIDE.

I don't know how to say it any simpler.

Ah gee thanks for that clarification wow I would have never known that... Yeah I guess guys trane UFC then... Sigh.

Amazing what brilliance is manifest here sometimes. Just for the mentally challenged UFC and Pride are organizations not martial arts. The people who fought and fight in them are MMA practitioners thus what you see in them is MMA. So your statement about what you see in UFC and Pride is not MMA is total and completely absurd and idiotic...

I'm gonna head out and see if I can find a place to "trane" UFC now yup yup yup...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Originally posted by hawkiye
reply to post by hawkiye

Ah gee thanks for that clarification wow I would have never known that... Yeah I guess guys trane UFC then... Sigh.

Amazing what brilliance is manifest here sometimes. Just for the mentally challenged UFC and Pride are organizations not martial arts. The people who fought and fight in them are MMA practitioners thus what you see in them is MMA. So your statement about what you see in UFC and Pride is not MMA is total and completely absurd and idiotic...

I'm gonna head out and see if I can find a place to "trane" UFC now yup yup yup...

Yes, you answered your own question.

UFC and Pride are MMA Practitioners.

MMA does not = UFC

You're learning.
edit on 3-2-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

They are taught to relax and absorb the hit .Check out other spestnaz systema they have to be losy goosy in every move even when hit. Trust me I have been hit like this and hurts more if you just stand there stiff and take it.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Fair enough, we all have our own opinions and observations. I'm sure any Ninjutsu Shidoshi or Shihan will be glad to accept a challenge. Anyone doubting Hatsumi Sensei's skills, challenge him... old or not.. a Ninja gets more powerful the older they get. Then if you beat one of them, you can say that it's all bs.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Glad to help freind.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

Fair enough, we all have our own opinions and observations. I'm sure any Ninjutsu Shidoshi or Shihan will be glad to accept a challenge. Anyone doubting Hatsumi Sensei's skills, challenge him... old or not.. a Ninja gets more powerful the older they get. Then if you beat one of them, you can say that it's all bs.

I'm sure he could beat someone.........with a sword................in Feudal Japan.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
reply to post by hawkiye

Yes, you answered your own question.

UFC and Pride are MMA Practitioners.

MMA does not = UFC

You're learning.

Too bad your not. Yeah oooookk right buddy and the NFL is not football and the NBA is not Basketball... Sigh!
Excuse me for thinking you could carry on an intelligent conversation my bad...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

here is a video in english ...this is a russian martial built on the bodies natural movement . You can see the power in the punch in this video

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

Sorry too late these guys have already tried and been found wanting. There is probably a YouTube somewhere, But Id be happy to have a friendly roll with any high level practitioner of this style if there is some one in my area. PM and I will tell you where I live and you can set it up.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join