It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa Confirms Solar Activity is not Responsible for Global Warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Here is an article about the new study

"A new NASA study has confirmed that it's greenhouse gases - not changes in solar activity - that are the main cause of global warming. The study involves an updated calculation of the difference between the amount of solar energy absorbed by Earth's surface and the amount returned to space as heat - and show that, despite unusually low solar activity between 2005 and 2010, the planet continued to absorb more energy than it returned to space."

Well it's good to see this myth has been put to bed forever. As much as people want it not to be true, I think we all have to accept the reality of the matter - hopefully now that things are settled we can get on with fixing it.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Aristophrenia

NASA - government agency

The government wants to tax you for your carbon footprint.

If they can influence the FDA to make Ritalin okay for your kids for a profit motive I would believe they can influence NASA to do research saying that we need to tax the # out of people because they are causing global warming.

I do not claim to know the truth about global warming. I just want to point out that there is a potential profit motive here.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

If there is a profit motive then there are ways to engender the profit-lusts to our own ends as humans. We're not all greedy, some are slothful, put some hope into a gamble of sloth overcoming greed and we can pick up the idea of fixing global warming on the cheap, on the sly chance we won't be around to see our efforts get stronger as demand for more effort to fix it becomes stronger.

Profit is merely reflection of desire, desire a deep seated part of the human condition. How much desire is worth, the priceless question of life.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Yeah, the Sun has nothing to do with temperatures on Earth. Its just there for looks and something that we orbit around...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
so things should get fun when the heat gets turned up ?

cue pompus bitter academic wannabes to tell us how ignorant we are........

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Bah, bitching about a +-10% "discrepancy" in CO2 levels will not do! God I hate these reports, mind-numbingly dull and inconclusive.

From the linked article:

The study involves an updated calculation

Software upgraded eventually? Pfff

but it's worth noting because this provides unequivocal evidence that the sun is not the dominant driver of global warming," says James Hansen, director of NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies.

What??? Have you just lost your mind? If the sun is not the dominant driver, why is it the only source of heat and light suitable for life in our solar system?

Unbelievable!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
What a pile of cr@p.

Well Never A Straight Answer (N.A.S.A) has now proven that stone age man built millions of dirty coal powered power stations to keep their fury footsies warm.

The ice (ICE Age 10,000 years ago) melted and they then did an excellent clean-up job of disposing all of the power stations.

AMAZING. They did this and they wrote all the plans and formuli's on slate !!! AMAZING !!!!

edit on 31-1-2012 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I love how people believe this....it's from a government agency! Like a previous poster stated, it's all about taxing for carbon footprints.

If you do research, you will find earth isn't the only planet to be heating up, it's throughout the solar syste.

But because govt knows the majority of citizens won't look beyond the MSM to do their own research, they have em hook, line and sinker.

It's all pure bull snip.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

the main cause of global warming.

the sun is not the dominant driver of global warming

So they are NOT saying that there is no effect at all, just that the effect the sun has is overestimated in computer models.

edit on 31-1-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
So the same government agency which is "unable" to track falling satellites is telling us that, definitively, man-made global warming is an absolute?

They sure do speak in absolutes quite a bit for a group of scientists.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll

NASA - government agency

The government wants to tax you for your carbon footprint.

If they can influence the FDA to make Ritalin okay for your kids for a profit motive I would believe they can influence NASA to do research saying that we need to tax the # out of people because they are causing global warming.

I do not claim to know the truth about global warming. I just want to point out that there is a potential profit motive here.

You also don't know the truth about Ritalin as far as my family's first-hand experience. But I do agree that NASA being a government agency would do something contrary to facts,. You know, like deny UFOs exist because the big boys in DC and the Pentagon wanted them to do that. Heck, they even deny them so far as to not allow a single UFO/ET-related T-shirt, ball cap or keychain to be sold in the giant gift shop down at the cape. Down there the concept does not exist.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
And yet again, as always, climatology only takes into account solar irradiance as an energy transfer resource coming from the sun.

Think subatomic gentlemen, not just sunshine.
Duh.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
James Hansen, director of NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies.is a well known global warmer and has been making a lot of money from his support of global warming. And he is Al Gore's right hand man in pushing global warming.
rationalwiki.org...
wattsupwiththat.com...
www.democraticunderground.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
And the elite aren't responsible for destroying the world...
In other news; Up is the new Down!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
So NASA has said "the science is settled." and we're supposed to accept Never A Straight Answer as fact? What happened to "Deny Ignorance?"

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aristophrenia
Here is an article about the new study

Well it's good to see this myth has been put to bed forever. As much as people want it not to be true, I think we all have to accept the reality of the matter - hopefully now that things are settled we can get on with fixing it.

settled, yeah...

put to bed forever... yeah... ok what ever you say, NASA, truth, government agency etc etc... do you actually read ats?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

This is the latest BS from Hansen...

That man should be fired and never be allowed to hold any sort of job studying Climate Change or anything else for that matter...

There was about a year or so around the end of 2006-2007, or so, that the Sun's activity lowered, and guess what happened to temperatures on Earth?... That's right, temperatures dropped as well.

The Sun is the main driver of temperatures on Earth and James Hansen is an ignorant fool...

top topics

join