It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caution on Twitter urged as tourists barred from US

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The British man could have flown to Mexico and walked across the border into the US.

We only have the perception of security. The people who REALLY want to do bad things, won't twitter or email about it.

The United States signed a Treaty with England, giving England's people the RIGHT to travel to the United States:

en.wikipedia.org...

England should start denying entry to Americans......surely they can find posts on the internet about them being evil "gun ownerz" or something......

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Sooooooo ......

Homeland Security is monitoring domestic chatter via Twitter, most likely Facebook et al.

That's what alarms me the most about this story.

I mean, should I be tempering down my "revolution" friendly Facebook posts?

Is anyone else alarmed by this? I mean, I know the technology exists (obviously) and the motive. But ... really?

Do they screen people's online profile's AFTER they book the ticket? Or did they just happen to pick up that message, "flag" his name and then he showed up?

Anyone know how this whole thing works?

Good grief

ETA: Yeah .. the more I think about it, the more legitimately alarmed I become
edit on 1-2-2012 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by blupblup

My favorite lost in translation with Americans is, "Can a bum a fag of you' = Can I have one of your cigarettes. Means something completely different in America apparently.

One of my friends has relatives in Texas and when he was out there 3-4 years ago... he announced that he was going outside to "Smoke a fag" and he said the look of horror on their faces was priceless

No... he wasn't going to shoot a homosexual chap, just have a cigarette.

It's a very tricky thing language.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by -W1LL

Originally posted by Carseller4
Am I the only one who thinks that foreigners who publicly state they want to destroy America should NOT be allowed in?

Even if that is not what the meant, maybe they should not be allowed in because of stupidity.

actions speak louder than words... we have freedom of speach writen into our constitution for a reason..

if someone threatens me what do the police do? NOTHING.

WE have freedom of speech. But a belligerent tourist coming to this country doesn't have the same rights.

"Destroy America"? Sorry but we are not going to give you the opportunity. Maybe next time.

You're embarrassing those of us who actually support tourism and having our friends from across the pond spending their dollars inside of our country. The acts taken against this young man were unfounded and uncalled for. Just another reason for me to find another country to relocate to.

And to the rest of you "Americans" that think that British slang is a code word for a "terrorist act": if you're sooooo scared of another terrorist attack, why don't you go buy out an old missile silo, and live in there, away from those of us who are tired of the stupid policies? Some of us would like to have some friends outside our borders. Your unfounded fear makes me sick, and ashamed to be an American.

Land of the free, home of the brave, indeed.

-TS

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
yay free speech. not...

I hate america and will never go thier.
but if I can send Iran some money
so They can go to america in big boats
and have good time.

the truely sad part is there are
realy evil people saying realy bad stuff.
and the dont touch them?

its just the soft targets.
stupid america. give it back to the indeans.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
DHS is unconstitutional and this is disgusting. America is still America but we have an illegal war going on our own soil. This just shows that it will be DHS that will overstep it's bounds and trample on the Constitution.

I am seriously afraid of flying now. DHS has officially hijacked the airline industry and that is sad.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

LOL I was waiting tables one time and someone from the UK asked for chips and the person next to him slapped his hand and said, they're called fries.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Exactly... crisps (you call them chips) are crispy potato snacks that come in packets... chips (which you call fries) are cooked potato pieces served hot. Pretty sure the "Chips" name comes from chipped potatoes, not sure though.

Fanny in England does not mean your Bum

Pants are the things you wear under your trousers, not your trousers themselves.

Spunk..... yeah....um.... not when you're feeling full of vim and vigour, we'll leave it there.

There sooo many actually.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Wouldn't visit that crap country anyway.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join