It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Deal With Severe Rheumatoid Arthritis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hello fellow members, I was curious to what some of your experiences with Rheumatoid Arthritis has been. My mother has had it for years and her hands are becoming deformed as a result. It is painful and it breaks my heart to see her suffer most evenings. She is on a handful of various pharmies, no pain meds, just anti-inflammatory like Celebrex, prednisone, and a few others.

I am considering a complimentary treatment idea from Edgar Cayce's remedy book that suggests working the hands thoroughly with peanut oil, then wrapping them in saran wrap for about an hour.
My question is, has anything worked for you guys or a loved one? Has anyone seen any actual reversed(even mildly) progress to this ailment? She is now wearing stints during sleep, and it seems to help a bit. I just hate to see her lose her ability to be active in her hobbies, and cringe some evenings with pain.

Thanks,
spec

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
My serious suggestion is look into the raw food diet. You have to try something extreme to get extreme results. Google this diet and even mentions that it can cure RA. By eating only uncooked food, you are supplying your body with everything it needs to rebuild its cells. Give a month and see what happens.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
you should look into the benefits of chicken cartilage. some say its a cure others say it certainly helps.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by greenfox83

Not a bad idea greenfox83, heck she would probably benefit in other ways too from that. I don't know if I could ever to get her to drop the Diet Cokes though, man those southerners and their diet cokes! I have shown her a plethora of info on aspartame and she is in heavy denial about it. Her doctor even told her he has a diet soda or 2 every morning.
I will suggest your idea and see if I can encourage her. It's only 30 days right?

Thank you,
spec

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

Thanks lacrimosa, I will look into that

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
No solutions from me - just a note to say sorry to hear about her suffering.
Hopefully someone here has experience that can bring her some relief.
Good luck my friend!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

nevermind doc

edit on 31-1-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Unfortunately, she resides in a state where that option is not a legal one. She has a friend that travels to Houston every 3 months and gets a 2000.00 shot of something that has pure gold in it. It works too, shrinks the swelling and subsides the pain, but 2000 bones? Sheez!

Thanks,
spec

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Thanks for the well wishes friend

spec

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Its not about what is legal... its about what works...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Hello, friend, I too have Rheumatoid Arthritis in my hands. I was a mechanic, and pulled wrenches for 38 years. Now my hands are weak, and hurt a lot, and sometimes I find it hard to hold a coffee cup by the handle. They hurt, and hurt bad. I hate drugs, and haven't heard of one that will work for this, but I know something that does, and I will tell you all about it. WD-40. Now that you have gotten up from the floor laughing at me, just listen. When I was a young man, I worked for an old man named Kaz. Kaz was a Polish immigrant, and a talented body/fender/paint man. He taught me a great many things, but one he taught me was WD-40. Kaz had Rheumatoid Arthritis in his hands, and knees. He would go outside, to keep the spray out of the shop, and spray some in his hand, then rub his hands together, round and round, and rub some into his knees. He swore this worked like magic. Kaz is gone Home now, but now I am older, and my hands were hurting bad one day, and I remembered that. So I bought a can and had at it. My, my, how well it works. I don't wash it off either, just rub it in real good, and wipe off the excess on a rag. It leaves no oily residue. Your Mom will love you for this, guaranteed.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I don't disagree, but I know she would. She is old school like that, even though the topic you suggest is genuine "old school!" She won't be able to get passed the legal aspect.

Thanks again,
spec

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

And if she's already shelling out two grand for a shot she can afford black market cannabis prices.

Her friend is doing that gold treatment, my mom can't afford that.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Hey autowrench, man it is funny you mention WD-40, so many of her southern friends have mentioned 'hearing' about that remedy down there. Upon looking on the interwebs, there are many testimonies to it's success. Perhaps it is in line with Cayce's peanut oil approach.
Your post is helpful though, as I am seeking actual testimony from experience here, so much thanks friend.

spec

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by Akragon

I don't disagree, but I know she would. She is old school like that, even though the topic you suggest is genuine "old school!" She won't be able to get passed the legal aspect.

Thanks again,
spec

She will be able to if the pain is strong enough... and if you present the option in a closed setting...

Its not really something to be advertized obviously...

As i've said, my mother was in tears daily... it broke my heart. And she was the same way about it as far as the legality of it, though here is not that big of a deal.

Either way if you present the option the right way... it will solve her problem.

And it won't cost anything close to precription meds

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I certainly can help with suggestions, as I myself have had it for 13 years. The joints on my fingers have some unsightly nodules, but I have arrested the progression of the disease and need no medication for it. I have been through the normal western medical treatments, all a dismal failure. They only try to diminish the symptoms, they have no idea how to stop it. I was pretty much bedridden for a few years before I started researching and trying to help myself.

Here is what I have done to get my life back:

1. DIET. When you have an inflammatory disease, you must stay away from certain things. First and foremost, avoid sugar. Sugar creates inflammation and weight gain. Secondly, avoid all foods from the nightshade family: Tomatoes, potatoes, green peppers and tobacco. Oh, you can have a little bit of those veggies, but for me, potatoes and tomatoes cause my joints to hurt, so I keep them to a bare minimum. Also avoid things made with flour (noodles, bread). I know, these are my favorite things too, but not worth the pain.

2. GET UP AND WALK. This is a must. When you're in pain, the last thing you want to do is get up and move, but it is essential to move each and every day. Walking is the easiest and it will ease the stiffness in the joints. Start slow, and work your way up. If you do some walking (at least 20 - 30 minutes) at least 5 times a week, you will notice improvement in your pain level and your mood.

3. SUPPLEMENTS ARE A MUST! I take a variety of supplements which I credit with keeping me off pain medication. You must assume that your immune system is broken, because if it wasn't, you wouldn't have an auto-immune disorder. After much tweaking, I have found the following to be essential:
A. Wellness Formula by Source Naturals (amazing combo of vitamins, herbs and minerals)
B. Vitamin C (but not ascorbic acid, the other kind)
C. At least 5,000 IU of vitamin D3
D. Supercritical Holy Basil by New Chapter
E. Turmeric-Force by New Chapter (excellent anti-inflammatory)
F. Zyflamend by New Chapter (a blend of spices, also excellent anti-inflammatory)
G. Whole-mega fish oil by New Chapter
H. CoQ-10
I. Cinnamon (to control blood sugar and inflammation)
J. Kyolic garlic supplement with vitamin E (good for circulation and blood)
K. Cal-Mag Citrate (calcium / Magnesium with vitamin D)
L. Vitamin B complex

I know it is a lot, and it isn't cheap, but these have arrested the growth of the finger nodules and most days I can forget that I am sick.

4. STAY AWAY FROM STEROIDS. Steroids, although they dampen the immune system, actually allow many harmful things to take place because the immune system is in lock-down. Steroids are the medical establishment's way of temporarily keeping painful immune response down, but the end result is the disease will become stronger and constant steroid use is very bad for the body.

5. SAMENTO. Because I believe my rheumatoid arthritis is caused by a mycoplasma infection, I use samento, which is an herbal supplement derived from cat's claw. Samento has been the key to give me my energy back, because mycoplasma affects the mitochondria (the energy producers of each cell). It is the mitochondrial defect which causes the extreme exhaustion and mental fog. Samento is an immune system modulator which will crank up the immune system and help your body fight the mycoplasma and give back your energy. It is available on Amazon. Although it isn't cheap ($35 for a little bottle) it lasts a long time because you only need a few drops a day to get benefit from it. Start with one drop and work your way up. Please see samento / lyme disease information: www.samento.com.ec... Samento will cause a Herxheimer, or healing, reaction if there is infection present. It can be painful and cause the disease to flare up. I bought some Burbur detox along with the samento, and I use it when I up my samento dose and start to feel sick and full of pain, it works great.

Please note that I believe that all auto-immune disorders are connected.

You CAN fight this disease. It isn't easy, but I was 39 when I got sick, and my life felt like it was over. I have my life back, and my doctors are amazed. Naturally, I don't need to see them much anymore, and never for RA..

Best of luck to your mother. Give her the support she needs to fight this. It is an ugly disease which can also cripple your heart and lungs, the nodules form inside as well as outside. Forget the doctors, if she wants to get her life back, she needs to do it on her own. Hopefully you can help!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I just sent you a u2u with some info. I wish you the best of luck.

CE

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join