It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can ATS Be changed to exclude Google? Will you still post here?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Can ATS Be changed? without using Google-Analytics?

If it continues to hold hands with the trackers then one may rightly say that ATS could care less about users privacy issues?

How many will continue using this site... knowing they watch every detail?
I do nothing wrong , no, I have nothing to hide. I just value my privacy .
Think of one questioning you just because you draw your window blinds.
It is no different.

I have a problem with this issue. How do you guys feel?
Will you continue your posts here?
If one had a revealing post.... think your butt wouldn't be tracked down in 2 mins?

I just HOPE ATS can change some of their services...
How about it ATS?
Let me hear your thoughts... Thanks in advance.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I made a thread on this as well. It received little to no attention, which is understandable as I think I may have posted it at around 3:00 AM (And 90% of the users only pay attention to the front page of ATS).

Evil Google Vs. Denying Ignorance
edit on 31-1-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Would be cool.

link   
i could care less. if they govt finds me a danger ( i dont think i am) then they can come to my door. i'd gladly give my life to just to prove my freedom.

link   
And how is that a conspiracy?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

S and F on your post. Thank you.

As you can tell.... I did NOT use the search because it uses google and I now refuse to ...

Heck, I may even get off the dang net all together . I should have probably put this in rant. Am tired of staying on the ball with security, viruses etc. with all the eyes out there ... But without the net, I may hear nO true news !

It's just the principle - I should have my right to privacy . I could rant and rave til I'm blue in the face because it seems people just don't get it.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Heck, I may even get off the dang net all together . I should have probably put this in rant.
reply to post by SeekerLou

You sure you can do this??

Yes Rant would fit I guess.. Or Board discussions

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
One thing I will say is: Phone calls, e-mails, ATS, everything --- you being here, you posting here, you or your IP has been red flagged.

And with the beautiful invention of Facecrack they have now successfully put a face to your internet actions.

We Live in Public ------ MUST SEE DOCUMENTARY.
edit on 31-1-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou

S and F on your post. Thank you.

As you can tell.... I did NOT use the search because it uses google and I now refuse to ...

Heck, I may even get off the dang net all together . I should have probably put this in rant. Am tired of staying on the ball with security, viruses etc. with all the eyes out there ... But without the net, I may hear nO true news !

It's just the principle - I should have my right to privacy . I could rant and rave til I'm blue in the face because it seems people just don't get it.

edit on 31-1-2012 by EzenSurreal777 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Hellas

Are you joking, or out of your mind?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I think its both

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Firefox with script blockers will do the trick nicely.
No more tracking if you don't want to be tracked.

addons.mozilla.org...

NoScript is a good one that I use at home.
It also keeps those nasty viruses from infecting you when browsing... sites of ill repute.

Winner of the "2006 PC World World Class Award", this tool provides extra protection to your Firefox. It allows JavaScript, Java and other executable content to run only from trusted domains of your choice, e.g. your home-banking web site, guarding your "trust boundaries" against cross-site scripting attacks (XSS), cross-zone DNS rebinding / CSRF attacks (router hacking), and Clickjacking attempts, thanks to its unique ClearClick technology. It also implements the DoNotTrack tracking opt-out proposal by default, see snipurl.com... . Such a preemptive approach prevents exploitation of security vulnerabilities (known and even unknown!) with no loss of functionality... Experts do agree: Firefox is really safer with NoScript ;-)

link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

First off chill!

And second, no I don't see how google ads and how ATS is financing this Forum is a conspiracy.

link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

It's really lame..cause now a serial killer will probly kill me...for what I write on ats. lol Probably the "smiley face killers."

edit on 31-1-2012 by EzenSurreal777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Okay, I see. You are just confused. (Or am I?)

The conspiracy is that this is ATS - the biggest, best alternative news / conspiracy website on Earth. The slogan is "Deny Ignorance".

Then we have Google, the biggest, best search engine/video provider/e-mail service on Earth (Arguable). The slogan is "Don't be Evil".

Google quickly took the money in China and helped censor their entire populace. Millions upon millions of people using Google in China cannot get the facts they need --- To Deny Ignorance --- .

Now Google wants to openly track your every move. They want to take your youtube account, your google account, and everything else they own that you use - and put it all into one little file. They will then provide these files to the same assholes who detonated the bombs in Building 7 - call them the Illuminati, call them a bunch of dying old psychopaths with Egyptian blue-prints on how to enslave the world.

This is painfully obvious. So you're right. It may not be a conspiracy any more. It is a reality.

They want to own your ass, and everything that comes out of it.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Again, as much as I want my privacy too, I don't see how ATS will remove it's Money source. They might as well close ATS for good. You see what I'm saying?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I agree with the gentleman and ladies on this "Google thread". Am writing this in AU and leave for U.S.A. tonight. Your I.P. address is what I call your American social security number. You can change computers, but the I.P address is found out straightaway. Smartphones, the same. Even cheap virgin mobile pay as you go phones are all coded. I get so much private Email from people who simply do not believe all of this. I have quit Google, gmail and youtube. Stick facebook and aol and yahoo. I use shortwave radio and throw away mobile phones. I have 5 accounts with SSL protection, but they are useless as I have broken them down too. I will not use search on this forum. I have even used bad guy names from the 9/11 days on emails accounts and I have never used the accounts. Sure enough I have gotten mail from this very site to the bad guy accounts because ATF just follows the I.P. train just like everyone else. Well I said I was retiring and I am ex-military now. So now I will have to start all over with multiple I.P. Addresses.

So this is the last go with Shannon from here. See you on the East coast of your country.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou
If it continues to hold hands with the trackers then one may rightly say that ATS could care less about users privacy issues?

Those who are paying attention (by looking at our page source code) will notice that we're beginning the testing of a new similar analytics service from ChartBeat/NewsBeat.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

If you use Firefox get this...

Ghostery 2.7.1

addons.mozilla.org...

You can block Google, and other trackers. It tells you what is tracking you on each website, and you can block what you want.

edit on 1/31/2012 by ANOK because: typo

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

You're honestly worried about Google Analytics?

We use google analytics on all of our sites, and to be honest, the stats given are pretty innocuous.

There really isn't a violation of privacy..... it is an important tool for a webmaster. It helps us determine what needs to be done for SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and gives us an overall view of the habits of our visitors. It lets me know what pages are most popular, number of hits per month, where in the world/country our visitors are coming from, what key terms are most often used to find our site, what is the most popular landing page, bounce rate, etc, etc.

There is plenty of useful information there, but nothing that tells me who you are, where your from, your IP, nothing. I know nothing about anyone. I have numbers.... I know how many people in say, Omaha, Nebraska, visited our site, but I don't know any damn thing about them.

Unless I'm missing something here, you're getting yourself worked up over nothing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join