It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skyrim Strategies?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I am a member of skyrimforums.org.
This morning I read on there that you can drop items in towns and people may fight over who deserves to get them.
Otherwise guards may try to give you them back and numurous other things can happen.

I suggest you only try this if you don't mind an NPC or two dying over your wares.

I hope this isn't against T+C because this guy is inspiring, read his restrictions and try to read at least the first page of his journal entries.
skyrimforums.org...

He started out with nothing and is working his way up. Anything he was given at the beginning of the game automaticaly was thrown away.
From link: (just a little taster to entice you).

Fredas, 21st of Last Seed, 4E 201 -

It's been a rough week. Day in and day out I've walked the mountains around Riverwood, collecting all the ingredients I could ... killing all the game available. For days I've gone up and down the river, catching fish and avoiding wolf packs. All of this only to return to Riverwood each night and sell my meager collection of pelts and flowers for bits of gold ... most of which then went to the innkeep for a bed for the night.

But after days and days of hard work, I finally saved up enough gold to purchase a pair of hide boots and an old iron mace. My knuckles are sore from pounding on the ribs of elk and the skulls of wolves. The soles of my feet are raw from the wretched wraps I've had to wear. To put on a real pair of boots was divine, and holding the mace in my hand lifted my spirits like nothing else.

edit on 6-2-2012 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
When you start the Companion quests, you get Farkas with you. He will follow you anywhere and doesn't count as an actual follower because he is a quest companion.
At one point, I had Farkas, Delphine and another quest follower PLUS a dog following me. I took them on my other quests as extra damage dealers. I also have a good guide on creating an over powered character, which I shall link below.
Over powered character
edit on 9-2-2012 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Interesting guy, but man, that seems just insane.
Running away from everything, fishing, hunting and skinning?

It's funny though, how everyone kind of comes up with their own restrictions... For example, I don't use any spells, and only buy healing potions. Any other potions I make. (I'd make healing ones, if I could...but Restore Health is close, just not the same).

The only follower I routinely use is my wife, a dark elf assassin. Mostly, because she sneaks when I do, and doesn't give me away, etc. I also summon my ancestral assassin now and then. In character, I'm very much the Dark Brotherhood Listener...all else is pretty secondary stuff.

I never loot any item less than 100 gold, simply isn't worth the weight, unless I'm going to do something else with it, like ingots or something.

I steal a LOT though, especially from shops. And I routinely buy out their ingredient stocks. I'm very much the "I got a potion for that" type of guy.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Heres a strategy I like to play with sometimes.Find the ritual stone,It gives you the once a day ability to reanimate all the dead at a close vicinity to you.I like to kill a few dudes,use the ritual stone ability and they will run with you.Try and keep them near each other, and near the enemies they kill as you move through the dungeon,unless you feel like manually dragging bodies around,which makes them drop their weapons also.As the spell wears off you rest for 24 hours and recast the spell, and if you herd your undead correctly your army can grow.I have had around ten draugers following me at once,collecting the tougher ones as we killed them. All with my dog,a follower,and Lucien lachance(just make sure to summon him after you use the ritual stone ability,sometimes he will disappear if you summon him first).I dont see why you couldnt also throw Farkas in there too,I havent tried.Give it a shot sometime.My pardons if anyone already posted this,I didnt notice.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
LOL, that's crazy! But cool...

Lately, I've realized my assassin wife isn't as sneaky as I am, so I often have her simply stay put somewhere, and use her more like a pack mule to carry stuff.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
have yet to get my smithing up but enchanting is at 80 and I feel like a god already lol

me n J'zargo

Tank maging it up in heavy armor

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
My favorite is still Paralysis poison. Just hit them with that, then carve them up like a roast while they die.
I pretty much only use it on boss types that I think will give me trouble. While it would be funny, I've never seen it work on a dragon, though it'd be great to see it get stiff and fall to the ground.

On that role-playing Nord guy mentioned previously, I don't get this restriction he has:

- not allowed to cut wood for money

Seems that would be perfectly in line with his character's abilities. What person living in a cold land wouldn't know how to cut wood in those days?
edit on 16-2-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
enchanting is awesome :p

nothing like raining down spells for free

ps: J'Zargo is beastly. he'll dual cast, he'll do magic and one arm attack... but sometimes he thinks he's super cool and tries to punch people out... that I don't get.. I gave him a sword just like mine :p

edit on 27-2-2012 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

that was awesome!

I just enjoy stealing EVERYTHING!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I was going through some old Tweets from last year when Skyrim was released, and was revelling in how different Skyrim was to Oblivion. The first thing that got me was getting killed by guards for killing a chicken in Riverwood
I guess it makes sense that the chicken belonged to someone and I unlawfully killed it, but still. Attacking the one who brings news of a Dragon? Well you just dun goofed. It's now entirely your fault that everyone is going to be roasted to a crisp since I can't take the news anywhere else

The other thing that got me was the ability to just take things from shops if you're well liked enough. Man, I remember actually having a little sweat in case the woman in Arcadia's Cauldron began wailing on me for stealing her minor healing potions and deathbells

New DLC drops next week. Apparently it's going to be a big one, I heard it's going to be like 1600 points on Xbox, which I think is like twice the Dawnguard price, and four times the Hearthfire price. I'll still get it though. I'm a sucker for Elder Scrolls.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

who needs a strategy?

get your smithing up, craft yourself some daedric armor and weapons, hire marcurio, and Skyirm is yours to rule

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I did the last mission of Stormclocks by level 25 and by level 35 I defeated Balduin.
After that I got bored and was investigating about glitches so I found this:

ExploitEdit
(NOTE: Confirmed working on latest update with Dragonborn DLC on Xbox 360, as of 1/02/13 with Breezehome bookshelf) . Confirmed working as of latest update 1.8.151.0.7 11/16/12. Check done in Lakeview Manor. May or may not work on bookshelfs in Breezehome.(Confirmed 12/27/12 that bookshelfs in Breezehome work)
It is possible to level up all skills to 100 with the Oghma Infinium by using the Oghma Infinium more than once. An exploit must be performed for this to work:

Activate a bookshelf.
Read the book whilst still in the bookshelf inventory; choose the desired path.
Close the book after having chosen the path, then place the book on the bookshelf WITHOUT exiting the bookshelf inventory between reading the chosen path and placing the book on the shelf.
Now exit the bookshelf inventory; the book should appear on the bookshelf.
Activate the book directly, not through the bookshelf inventory. Choose the "do not read" option then take the book from the shelf.
This can be repeated as many times as desired to get all skills to 100.
It is a good idea to save often while doing this exploit in case a mistake is made and the book is lost.
There is a chance the book will be duplicated while taking from the bookshelf, the clone can also raise skills.
Each cycle of taking the Oghma Infinium from the bookshelf seems to increase the number of books that can be stored in the shelf by one more book per cycle. For example, if the exploit is started on a full book shelf, after five cycles of reading the book, the bookshelf will indicate that the player can store "5 more" books on the shelf.

Is an exploit glitch from the game not a cheat. Well you could argue it is a Cheat but I had fun with it.
I am Level 63 now and the enemy has become also very though to beat.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Just got this game today been waiting for new pc good tips and tricks here for me to use while playing

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Has anyone run into the Ebony warrior yet?
In the Dragonborn DLC, when you reach level cap 100, if you walk into pretty much any main hold city, you will be approached by a guy wearing all ebony armour who says he is looking for someone to rival him in battle.
He is supposed to be the hardest boss in all the game, harder than the dragon priests, way harder than Alduin.
I've been looking for him for a while now but couldn't find him so I've given up and haven't played in a couple of months.
Some people have said they've used up excessive amounts of potions and healing items so if you run into him, be sure you're well stocked!
If I wasn't so into Borderlands 2 at the moment, I'd attempt to find him again, but I'm having trouble tearing myself away

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
I started out as a one handed sheild wielder.
I then turned my sights on all things magic.
CLose wounds is the best healing spell I have come across and it works perfectly for me.
Fire bolt (duel shot) is taking down the enemies easily enough in most places.
If need be I pull out my orcish shield and Dawnbeaker Sword.

I don't like staffs but do use one on a semi regular basis, "The Wobbajack" it can do almost anything to the enemy and at random too.

I use Savos Arens amulet, Arch mages robes, I interchange a couple of rings and use my Wolf Boots and thieves guild gloves that I leveled up (though I wish I leveled up the main armor piece for extra carrying space).
I have 3 bound weapons that I use, Sword, Bow and Battleaxe, with the perk to make these stonger they do quite well, esecially Sword and close wounds combo, with a little flame cloak and Stoneflesh.

I have only quoted myself to show how I have changed my tactics.
I no longer use the wobbler jack and stored it away for display, I use the sanguine rose staff.
I no longer use any sword or shield, I use bound sword for most encounters, still using close wounds.
Fire ball is good and I have the ability to throw out 2 atronachs also works for the sanguine rose with 2 demons, they're great against dragons.

Still use archmage robes, savos aren amulet and wolf boots, have ring of matrimony which ups my health and mages circlet which ups my magic greatly.

Use all manor of spells, also have the conjuring spells from Dawnguard soul cairn including summon demon dragon and horse.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by trollz
1. Become illusion rogue
2. Get invisibility & double backstab damage gloves from dark brotherhood quests
3. One-shot everything without even using any kind of exploit or cheat
4. Realize game isn't fun
5. Do alchemy/enchanting glitch and permanently give yourself millions of health and magicka
6. Realize game is even less fun
7. Find something else to do

It was just too repetitive and boring. I don't see why everyone is obsessed with it. I've played better rpgs.

i know where you are coming from, even when you zip the difficulty to max, it's a quick adjustment and then back to owning everything.

off topic, soz, but would be intersted in a few recommendations of other rpgs (please dont say fable or reckoning, but thats another thread) - cheers

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Same here waiting for a GOTY edition. It will probobly be out next fall. Lots of other games to play till then. I'm still working on Dragons Dogma.
edit on 7-2-2013 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join