It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former RNC Insider Karl Schwarz on Newt Gingrich

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I had just posted on a thread about Newt (www.abovetopsecret.com...) and stumbled on this article written today by Karl Schwarz at Rense.

Why I Refuse to Vote for Newt Gingrich

What he has to say about Newt validates my feelings on the man. Here's an excerpt.

Newt had made all sorts of backroom deals with certain members of the US House because they were allies and sycophants of Newt. Many of them were targeted by the RNC for removal and replacement with better candidates. Many of them were liberal and moderate Republicans that were secretly behind Clinton’s agenda and were not true conservatives either. Newt did not like that, but I looked at the matter pragmatically, not as a political whore trading favors and big bucks in secret backroom meetings.

A little background on Schwarz: A Republican for many years he served on the influential Republican National Committee in the finance division and ran for President in 2008 as an Independent.

Sounds like someone in the know.

My point is,WHY can't the majority of the American People see Newt and his like for what they are?

Sharing this article with the clueless may help.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Of course an RNC insider will say this. Romney has the entire Republican establishment attacking Gingrich.

It seems like you are not aware of what is going on. Romney launched the most negative campaign in the history of politics against Newt Gingrich. He is outspending him 5 to 1. Why don't you look into where that money comes from?

The Republican establishment hates Gingrich because Gingrich thinks for himself and will not take orders from others. Why didn't Romney attend the Lincoln-Douglas debate in New Hampshire? It was Newt's idea and only Huntsman had the courage to show up. No buzzers, no moderation, no bickering. Just 1 hr 20 of serious, intellectual policy discussion. You should watch it before knocking Gingrich.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
No one likes that guy outside of south carolina,,,,wait a few weeks,,,newt wont be a thought,,remember how much the media praised rick perry vs romney,,,then huntsman,,,RON PAUL will win,,sounds crazy if you watch the media,,,wait and see,,,

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Romney is no better. Not sure if you read my referenced post so I'll copy it here:

Mitt "Corporations are People" Romney as President will further the Corporatocracy of America. He'll sell us out to big money and with that ingratiating smile tell us useless eaters it's the solution to our problems. More decline,more suffering. You think the lobbyists running D.C. now is bad just let Mitt do his corporate raider thing.

Career politician Newt much like Obama will be totally ineffectual. All the back room deals he's made thorough the years will keep his hands tied and kowtowed to TPTB. Just another fat cat with a never ending line of bull#.

If the Republican Party nominates either one of these guys it will be due to quid pro quo and nothing to do with pulling America's ass out of the fire.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Romney has the entire Republican establishment attacking Gingrich.

I was at a doctor's office this morning and they had on CNN talking about all the negative ads being run. They said upwards of 90 percent of all the political ads run in Florida are negative attack ads. The talking head on the TV then said, "Whether the people want them or not, they work."

We need to stop making them work. It's quite nauseating.
edit on 31-1-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I would think that all those "backroom deals" were for the purpose of making those moderate republicans become Newt's allies in order for him to develop enough of a coalition within the House to get anything passed.

That seems to be the way of politics: "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours".

The trick is to make sure that you don't promise something in return that is truly unacceptable to your constituents. That seems to be where many of the modern Republicans are having difficulties.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dezertdog

The point is you can't trust what establishment insiders say. They don't want Newt to be nominated because they can't control him. I agree that Romney would turn the US into a nightmare corporatocracy.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Newt was speaker of the house when I was still in Jr. High....and even then I knew he was a con. It doesn't take much effort to see what sort of politician Newt is.

That being said, Romney is not any better!

We are going to see Romney as the nominee. He will lose to Obama. The RNC knew they did not have a chance this election, unless they nominated RP but they wont have that, so they probably decided in another backroom deal to allow Romney to get the Nomination. That way they will be rid of him for good. Romney will not try to run again.

Next election they will bring out the "big dogs" and make a real attempt at the White House after Obama is gone.

It's all a facade. Smoke and mirrors. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidchin
I would think that all those "backroom deals" were for the purpose of making those moderate republicans become Newt's allies in order for him to develop enough of a coalition within the House to get anything passed.

That seems to be the way of politics: "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours".

The trick is to make sure that you don't promise something in return that is truly unacceptable to your constituents. That seems to be where many of the modern Republicans are having difficulties.

They are a tricky bunch alright. Politics as usual can not prevail much longer however.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

I hear what your saying.

I just found it interesting what Schwarz had to say was in sync with what I posted as my opinion.

At least we agree on Romney.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
in a cage or on a stage, Ron Paul would beat Newt to death.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Was anything in those ads false? Lies are one thing. The truth is another.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
reply to post by SteveR

Was anything in those ads false? Lies are one thing. The truth is another.

They are riddled with falsehoods. Take for example the ethics violations. The democrats brought 84 charges against Newt. The truth? He was found guilty of only one violation and that was on a technicality. Three years later he was cleared of that too. This was never mentioned in the media, not then, and not now.

Newt Is Vindicated, But Nobody Knows It

All sides of the establishment are out to destroy Newt, the Republicans included. They are spending millions to air the Democrat's old and discredited attacks. It seems to be working since Romney has just won Florida by a large margin.

new topics

top topics

join