It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you got your stuck ups, even here on ATS, and it TICKS ME OFF!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
reply to post by webpirate

Even ATS has an elite posting class

You mean people who enter into discussions, don't post meaningless one liners, create threads with substance having studied the topic and read the threads? That who you mean?

It's like life. You participate fully it can be wonderful, you lay back and vegetate it's depressing. You get back what you put in. I'm so so and I get so so back. I'm not in denial nor do I blame others for my failings. The people who participate the most get the most out of ATS. That's as it should be.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

You mean people who enter into discussions, don't post meaningless one liners, create threads with substance having studied the topic and read the threads? That who you mean?

Hey...this is no place for reason and logic! Let's leave those at the door please!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

It's not an elite posting class. And I wasn't trying to make it sound that way. But those who do have the gold and silver boarders are the ones who usually post some of the best material.

I will be the first to admit though, there are way too many well deserving threads which go unnoticed. I didn't mean it to sound like they were elite. I was trying to point out that even the more established members here have some who act towards them in the same manner the OP was talking about since he was way newer.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Why,thank you timetothink!

There are one or two posters on here I would like for you to tell that to.

Other than that,everyone else is great on here!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ops4Ops

An excellent rant! I have posted some responses to threads in ATS and even posted a couple of threads of my own but never really engaged in any other chat apart from that. I read what I like based on the topics that interest me at the time not necessarily what is popular or front page stuff. I'm sure there are no shortage of genuinely lovely, engaging people on here just as there are a remarkable volume of sarcastic, rude and arrogant folk. So pretty much the same as real life. Have fun sifting through it all.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

My post wasn't that serious. Calm down you 1%-er

edit on 2/2/2012 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I agree with intrepid come hang out in BTS for awhile and make some friends its allot more mellow here..You will make lots of friends..When i fist came to ATS i thought these people are going to eat me alive nothing i did or said was right..Then i just use to ignore them and grew some thick skin..
If you want your threads to have more attention just U2U msg them
..let them know you have a thread worth looking at they will come and look.. Even some of the top post posters on ATS do this i wont say who..But give it time people will get to know you and your threads..If you need any help feel free to msg me id love to help you if im able
So Stick around and have fun..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Thanks Sugarcookie, I will take your advice, but I gotta ask you something, and your probably gonna laugh at me. WHAT IS BTS?, and How do I get there? I know right ha ha, but I hear people talking about it and I am very interested in checking it out!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ops4Ops
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Thanks Sugarcookie, I will take your advice, but I gotta ask you something, and your probably gonna laugh at me. WHAT IS BTS?, and How do I get there? I know right ha ha, but I hear people talking about it and I am very interested in checking it out!

Hi Ops4Ops..Your on BTS right now its the general chit chat forum and the rant section is part of BTS click on forums and you will see general chat ..There is lots of good threads on here also and i found its a good place to start out before you jump into ATS forums the people on BTS are allot more mellow and its a great place to make lots of friends ..I think BTS is ignored allot but i like it here and it will give you more experience on making threads and posting..
I hope this helped you.. kick back and enjoy your time there is allot of very nice people on this forum..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I do the same as many. I come on and read whatever peeks my fancy. If I feel the urge to post, I post. I star posts that intrigue me, catch my attention, make me laugh, make me think. I may not agree to all that they say but at some point in their recetation, for lack of better word or if even a word lol, that affects me in some way shape or form. Keep up your posts and threads, whenever at least one person flags, stars, or comments, you said something that affected them also.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Update: Have learned to overlook the bad, because their are SO MANY MORE Greats on ATS!!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I don't know it all. There are some things I know and some things I don't know. I have my opinions and beliefs and my hang ups just like everybody else.

If you claim something, I want to see the real evidence, not just scant evidence that would have another more appropriate or natural explanation for it.

And I do know a few things about the tricks and traps die hard believers love to pull.

Such as artificially inflating the numbers to make it seem that their fringe belief is actually a mainstream belief. Just because it may be supported by millions of people doesn't make it a true mainstream belief. Millions of people may seem like a lot but when you do the actual math, two or three million people or so are less than one percent of the population of America, with roughly 313,412,000 people.

A good example of this is whenever anyone changes their minds on global warming, all of a sudden it becomes "SEE! ALL SCIENTISTS WILL COME TO BE LIKE THIS!" which is utter nonsense. A few people change their minds does not mean they represent everybody.

And when I am no expert I will tend to go with what real experts say. But just because you have a PhD. it doesn't really mean you're an expert. There are PhDs who believe that steel can't weaken when under the influence of a great deal of heat, but they are no metallurgist.

When no experts agree I will go with my own conclusions Heck, even when they do agree I will sometimes go with my own conclusions, but I base my conclusion on what the evidence says, not what I don't want to or want to believe..

But that's just me.

I think for myself, and that will always make me unpopular and the underdog. Because people will ALWAYS expect me to somehow tow the party line, whatever party I'm associating with at the time.

But then, A real man goes his own way and thinks for himself.

We must always forge our own paths through the forests and the deserts out there, and we must always learn to rely on ourselves.

That is the true spirit of individuality. You think for yourself and go your own way and to hell with conformity.

No matter what group you're part of, never conform, never retreat, never surrender. Always go your own way. Always question the party line, it is always misleading in some way.

edit on 25-4-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: mispelling

edit on 25-4-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Very Cool Advise! Thanks for that reply!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
god i wish i knew it all
i get highly frustrated though when i see well thought out and researchered threads go un noticed and silly one line or bare minimum posts get all the attention makes me
sometimes.

Us chilled folks are here, i wouldn't call us elitists though, we just happened to stumble across each other on the boards and in chat and clashed horns in threads and such lol. BTS is a good place to go and get away from the insanity at times, im a regular in the rant section and jokes threads lol. just stick at it, we are here shining a little light at the end of the hall *dangles a light*. i promise we wont sacrifice you to the ats gods

i remember when i was relitivly new here i felt like i was on the outside looking in alot of the time coz i like to chat and debate stuff, sometimes u gotta just roll your sleeves up and get stuck in and wade through the rubbish to get to the real gems. or do what i did, i used to u2u people i spoke to on some threads, some will answer some wont but its a good way to get some conversation going.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join