It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you got your stuck ups, even here on ATS, and it TICKS ME OFF!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Was so excited about joining ATS, and now I am just like BLAH! I know I am not a genius here, and I am learning alot, and was hoping to make some cool friends who wanna chat about different conspiracies and events, but hell I haven't gotten to the chat forum yet, and it seems I get so excited about some of my threads (some suck) and don't have much luck with them.

I don't wanna call anyone out, but some people are stuck up on here, even the ones who say they will help you. Its like they do until they find out your not a scholar, and then its "I have to go" "Here's what you need help on, see ya" Heck, I know this isn't facebook , nor am I on here to make a bunch of friends, but I am a social person, and a few new ATS Friends wouldn't hurt.

I been hitting up the underdogs on here. The threads that don't have many flags or stars, they are turning out to be AWESOME and very cool, and smart! Doesn't have to be eight pages long, qoutes, or pictures to be great and get an important issue out there.

Just a Rant here, Hope the underdogs enjoy it!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Wasn't there a cartoon called "The Underdog" in the 70's?

And wasn't he a super hero?

I am thinking there was...so go underdog!

ETA: There was and here he is...

edit on 31-1-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ops4Ops

It's ok, I have never used the chat either. I read whatever thread takes my fancy, not because it has lots of flags, just because they have ATS friends that flag the threads for fun.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
Wasn't there a cartoon called "The Underdog" in the 70's?

And wasn't he a super hero?

I am thinking there was...so go underdog!

You are correct sir.

And this was his theme song:

"There's no need to fear! Underdog is here!
when criminals in this world appear
and break the laws that they should fear
and frighten all who see or hear
the cry goes up both far and near
for Underdog! Underdog! Underdog! Underdog!

speed of lightning, roar of thunder
fighting all who rob or plunder
Underdog. Underdog!

when in this world the headlines read
of those whose hearts are filled with greed
who rob and steal from those who need
to right this wrong with blinding speed
goes Underdog! Underdog! Underdog! Underdog!

speed of lightning, roar of thunder
fighting all who rob or plunder
Underdog. Underdog!"

Underdog Lyrics

edit on 31/1/12 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ops4Ops

Don't worry my friend. We all will use our judgment, at times even our closest of friends will upset or disappoint, as we do to our very own selves. It is a part of life and the reflection herein. Don't give up, because you've got a friends all around you.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
There's a chat?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ops4Ops

If you look at some of the more intelligent members (not me) threads you will notice they often have threads with no comments or stars. Like in the political forums for example. But no Flags and no Stars doesnt mean people didnt read the thread.

And dont let people get you down. The slogan 'deny ignorance' is kinda arrogant and condescending. Its like the culture. Dont take it personal.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch
Don't take it personally.

Fixdit

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
You're right. Unfortunately there seem to be a lot of people who are know-it-alls. And then lack courtesy because it's all online. But you're gonna get that anywhere.

Don't let a few bad apples offend you. Even the top posters here..the ones with the gold borders around their posts, will get the same treatment from some. It isn't cause you're new. Some people are just asses. Just try to ignore them. And especially try not to let them influence your opinion of ATS.

This really is one of the best sites on the internet and the best in it's class by far. Just try to stick with it, and ignore the trolls. Or the ones who attack because you don't know as much as them. And I say that with all the intended sarcasm I could. You possibly might know more!

Hang in there. And you're right again...there are too many good threads that often go unnoticed while idiotic ones get massive flags. Just try your best to ignore the "bad ones" here. Their day will come.

edit on 31-1-2012 by webpirate because: inability to spell today

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Some of the best threads I've found to read, I never saw on the front page. If in a thread I find the OP has done an excellent job of presenting the info, and has not just posted and run. I will click on the OP's name to find other threads they have posted. Often I find those unflagged gems of quality reading.

ATS is like a jewel mine, if you dig enough, you will find them.

Des

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
LOl wow, I thought I was the only one!
Seems if you don't have 5,000 posts or more, you are not deemed worthy of a response by some members. That's ok with me. I write about things that are important to me, and I read about things that interest me. I've been out of high school for a long time, and I'm good with that!

I will say that I have found a select few on here that actually take the time to answer your questions, without making you feel stupid.

To those members: YOU ROCK!!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ops4Ops

been hitting up the underdogs on here. The threads that don't have many flags or stars, they are turning out to be AWESOME and very cool, and smart! Doesn't have to be eight pages long, qoutes, or pictures to be great and get an important issue out there.

you will learn soon enough that the star and flag system here at ATS as been a complete and utter failure. Find posters that post quality content and follow them is my best advice.

don't stop making threads because of a few people.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Funny enough when you say "their day will come", as conversely, my mother used to say, "every dog will have it's day" To the OP, Don't give up too soon.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ops4Ops

Originally posted by Ops4Ops

.....even the ones who say they will help you. Its like they do until they find out your not a scholar, and then its "I have to go" "Here's what you need help on, see ya" .......
Just to be clear: I'm not claiming to know anything....

BUT, if you need help with something, maybe you should say what the problem(s) is/are.

Asking for help, would probably prove to be more productive, than simply saying that people aren't very helpful.

reply to post by theubermensch

Originally posted by theubermensch

The slogan 'deny ignorance' is kinda arrogant and condescending.
I view that differently than you.

The slogan of 'Deny Ignorance' is necessary. There is a reason that it has to be said. Sadly, it is still overlooked by many. Just look around. Even with that slogan written on every page, we are still surrounded by ignorance here.

Just try to imagine how much worse it would be, if that wasn't the slogan.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ops4Ops

Take heart. ATS is just like your everyday life in that you meet all kinds. Just let it roll off your back. I've met people on here that I really and truly have good friendships with and then there are those that well, I would rather not have had any knowledge of. I suspect that is true for everyone on here.

I personally could care less about grammer, sentence structure, spelling or whatnot. You put up a good thread, to the best of your abilities, and it's a subject that I can relate to I will engage you in conversation. I've had a lot of threads that do not get much attention and thats OK too. I don't put up threads for stars and flags, but to try to inform and perhaps get somone to think outside the box, engage in conversation and meaningful debate.

Rant about it, get it out of your system and then get back on the boards and do your thing! (Just don't forget your steel undies)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Some of the best threads I've found to read, I never saw on the front page.

I totally agree!

I usually end up only reading through an entire thread not even caring to comment, considering everybody else does an already awesome job at it; I don't feel the need to put my stank on the discussion whatsoever.

There are however, those *members* who just love a good ol'-fashioned debate. They're not in it for the discussion or to help educate the topic at hand, they just want to argue a point, simple as that.

~philthy

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
dont get all cynical on us. There is nothing going on right now in the world other than the usual suspects of argument.
we are all one big disaster away from pulling together. unfortunately
___________________________________________________________________________________________

found the rant page made it a fav. and started having fun again

edit on 31-1-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I hate those people that think they know it all. Screws it up for those of us that actually do.

Getting frustrated, come to BTS and chill.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I hear what you are saying OP. I see you are somewhat "new" to ATS as well, so I will just kind of tell you what I think. When I came here, my interest was in paranormal threads,I threw some things out there and was shot down pretty hard or ignored all together. Now, like you, I am a social creature, at least online I am, and I learned here fairly quickly to grow a thick skin so to speak. Luckily, other places I had been on the web kind of taught me that already, so for me it was not a very hard adjustment.

People tend to hang with like minded people. It is no different here. You have everything from trolls to skeptic to cynics that you have to either fight back with or ignore all together. It is not what happens, it is how you react that counts.

Every once and a while I go digging around through the 100,000's of posts, I think it was up over a million now, and read someones old thread and respond even if no one else has, and the thread springs to life. I have had a few of my own threads do that, too. But many only got one or two responses, and some responses were telling me no one cares, or I shouldn't be telling people things like I am trying to advertise myself or something.
Words hurt sometimes, and when you are open with people, sometimes, strangers will want to hurt you to get their own egos going. I don't even think they know they are doing it half the time.
It's like a psychic vampire feeding off of you, that's what people like that are, to me anyways.

But there are some VERY cool people on this site as well.

I suspect after a few years here OP, you will feel much the same as you do now, but you will be much thicker skinned, and will enjoy the banter.

Great rant! I agree for the most part!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ops4Ops

Everyone here can learn something. Attitude has quite a bit to do with that.
If you're closed off to accepting information foreign to you because the presentation or delivery of the information sucks, well, fault can be found on both sides, but, not everyone here is here to be anyone's friend.

It also comes down to maturity, not necessarily age. I'm talking about the level of maturity that allows one to disagree, argue, and be a total odds with another's opinion or outlook on something, yet, still remain civil, and even become fast friends with someone.

It's easy to be friends with people you agree with, people you like, people that have a similar level of intelligence, learning and understanding as yourself.

Going beyond that, and culturing friendship with someone you disagree with Is a level we should all strive towards.

Anyone can scrawl something on the bathroom wall, but, it takes a hero to poop on the ceiling.

This doesn't mean that topics that have been researched, organized, and put together with sophistication are any better or worse than the simple scrawls on the bathroom wall. There is, however, a certain level of respect that should be extended to those that do indeed take quite a bit of time in organizing a thorough topic post, regardless of whether you agree or disagree on the topic.

If it's important enough to post, it should be important enough to post properly, with sources, links, diagrams, and peripheral material.
edit on 31-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join