It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tucson Man Convicted of Interstate Stalking After Pursuing Victim for 18 Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Tucson Man Convicted of Interstate Stalking After Pursuing Victim for 18 Years

www.fbi.gov

TUCSON, AZ—Moses Antonio Shepard, 47, of Tucson, was found guilty last week, by a federal jury in Tucson, of two counts of interstate stalking.

Shepard is scheduled to be sentenced by Judge Cindy K. Jorgenson on April 2, 2012.

“President Obama has proclaimed January 2012 as National Stalking Awareness Month,” said Ann Birmingham Scheel, Acting U.S. Attorney for the District of Arizona.

“Unfortunately, for a variety of reasons, many victims of stalking forego reporting the crime.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It is about time that something was done to strengthen the stalking laws of the U.S.

Considering I count my real father as my first stalker, among many, this story speaks volumes to me.

Hopefully something can be done to strengthen psychiatric laws as well as harassment laws so that the victim does not get treated as if they are the criminal, because a case of stalking should never last 18 years.

It should never last one year let alone 18.

As a whole this issue is overlooked.

www.fbi.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1/31/12 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Have worked with a Woman's abuse group for 12 years. You wouldn't believe the horror stories of stalking I've heard, and seen. Even one that ended in death for the victim.

It's about time the Judicial system takes this life altering crime seriously. TY for posting to help spread awareness for other people who've never been terrorized by a pathological maniac.

Des

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Have worked with a Woman's abuse group for 12 years. You wouldn't believe the horror stories of stalking I've heard, and seen. Even one that ended in death for the victim.

It's about time the Judicial system takes this life altering crime seriously. TY for posting to help spread awareness for other people who've never been terrorized by a pathological maniac.

Des

The problem that comes with this is that if it hasn't happened to you it has little impact.

People can imagine it, hear it, and listen to day after day.

But until you have been through it you will never comprehend it.

As I previously stated I count my real father as my 1st stalker.

Ignorance makes people do completely stupid things.

Obama making January "Stalker Awarness" month is the 1st thing I've agreed with him on 100%.

In his entire administration and term of office.

top topics

join