It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funny thought exercise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I thought of this a while ago and have been eager to be able to start a thread, to see what peoples thoughts or ideas on this concept or similar concepts that stem from it are. Its purely hypothetical, but lets just say there are aliens. Chances are that if they where intelligent enough to get within a certain distance from us, they would probably want to overlook and analyse what sort of civilization we are. So lets jus say they wanted to overlook our culture, but not disturb us in anyway, not even take the chance on it. They would probably be able 2 intercept our local transmissions, chiefly televison would be of interest I'd expect. Which leads me to my point imagine an alien coming to earth with knowledge of our language/culture gained through televison. Firstly the way he speaks would probably be funny, a mish-mash of various dialects, and slang words, and languages. Secondly, i think thats quite a scary thought given the amount of corporate war mongering propoganda, i hate to think what they would think of us as a race. And plus the amount of crappy TV an repeats they'd probably doubt our intelligence an think we are easily satisfied an entertained. Which has jus led me to another thought, imagine if aliens had TV what would they watch, i can only begin to imagine.
edit on 31-1-2012 by abominatonofdesolation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by abominatonofdesolation

They'd watch the endless Show called "Stupid Humans"

ETA: With a permanent face palm
edit on 31-1-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

yeah haha i watch that myself

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Sorry bud but your thread is alittle all over the place. Are you asking us to do a thought exercise about what we television shows an alien would watch?

Kinda like asking our society now to pick what their favorite cave drawsing were of the crave men.

I guess maybe they would watch reruns of ALF.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
No, but it helps to imagine what I'm on about if you do do it yourself. I was just posting it to see peoples thoughts because I thought it was a funny yet deep idea.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas

They'd watch the endless Show called "Stupid Humans"

ETA: With a permanent face palm
edit on 31-1-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

Haha this reminds me of the South Park episode where they find out the world is just a TV show for the galaxy that is set to be cancelled.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Aliens do have tv, they can see anything they want in our reality with there screen which is like a screen that the wall of the craft can change into.

This is just an imagination that I have, because physical trace evidence has led me to believe that aliens monitor abductees. So if we have beings that don't want to be seen and are still monitoring individuals then obviosuly they can see the individuals.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If aliens watched our TV pictures they'd probably tow the earth off to the nearest scrapyard

Our initial broadcasts from the golden age of TV are whizzing through space as we speak, and one day they will draw attention to planet Earth, if they haven't already. Some of those old strange ridiculously embarrassing films of light entertainment would no doubt convince any alien race that planet Earth is a primitive alien ant farm full of some very strange beings devoid of intelligence and would probably provide them with a new planet in which they could plunder.

If however they had a sense of humour they'd probably watch CNN or BBC news which would give them the big picture on everything they would need to know and it would convince them that this world is a very dangerous place and they would need to use every caution in coming anywhere near.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
lol that's the spirit nice 2 see you're getting funny deep thoughts about it also.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The X~Files would give them the idea to use bees to spread disease or toxins...

Stark Trek...uhm, sorry earthlings but we're no that nice...

Farscape or Stargate...hmm, they're getting close...

I Love Lucy?...ugh, lets go home...

Ancient Aliens.....oh crap....

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Toxicsurf

hahahaha yeah them watching Ancient aliens would be funny. I wonder what they would think of comedy shows, especially dry British humour.

top topics

join