It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any radio operator notice very sharp increase in testing the EBS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I have been a amatuer radio operator for some time.

And this year I have notice a high level increase of testing and repeat testing of the system..

I hear State police testing, local police, DHS testing.

What gives. Its almost on a daily basis.

It seams they are testing the system weekly.

I will start a journal of the testing activities.

I find it very odd.

What gives with the military operations going on in california also.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

There was a thread earlier last year mentioning the Govts intention of ramping up the testing, since it encompasses so many spectrums now, and if I remember correctly, the first BIG EBS test was pretty much a failure, so they are probably still trying to iron out the wrinkles...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

It just seams a little more than neccessary.

It is almost everyday or every other day.

All state and local law enforcement state police and DHS.

I don't know about you but it seams they are testing the networks.

I hope something is not going to hit the fan this spring.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Fore sure here. PDX just did a "TOTAL FLOP" test. The system failed totally. Out of the total state, only 2100 people were notified. That was only a local list and then only a,b,and c on the list. What a joke. We paid for the system? Want my money back. Said they would go back to TV/Radio

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

I think they are trying to work the bugs out.. You have to figure all the different communications venues they are trying to integrate.. terrestrial radio/tv, satellite radio/tv, mobile devices etc..

You would hope with all the $$ sunk into consolidating and updating the EBS, that the taxpayers' money actually went to a proven product..

I am not worried about, hope that they can finally make the system work as proposed, but I can understand folks with raised eyebrows at the increase of the tests...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I am also an amateur radio op, and have noticed a general ramping up of EBS also. I personally think that the reason they are ramping up the EMS testing on amatuer radio is due to the fact that when everything else fails, communication wise, they will have to rely on those of us with that special skill set and license to communicate with others. Ham radios are the one thing that will still function even if cell phones, etc...fail. Since most of us are inclined mechanically and electronically, we know how to run our rigs off the grid if necessary and usually have the equipment to do so.

Peace
SK
edit on 1/31/2012 by SweetKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
toiletry paper edit
edit on 10-2-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join