It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something many have never thought of...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by RedParrotHead

not to for get the ones that are already there and do not want you me or any one come a knocking. Yes i know a few that have done just that, more in the last week or so, going to the hills , tell me "your not welcome., had your chance", to them i say well if need be i will take them hills from you or try too, if that is the only place left. I should tell you what to look out for , but then you should know, here is a hint, look for trip wires and such. this is no joke, watch you step in them hills UT AK TN AK OK

edit on 31-1-2012 by bekod because: editting

I see your trip wires and raise you a punji pit!

Seriously, we had the electric go out one summer so no AC. My son-in-law and daughter were visiting and he said he'd rather DIE than live without AC. I laughed because it's so patently absurd a statement but then I realized he was being deadly serious. What a wuss! And I told him so. Good grief, our generation lives better even in poverty than most of the rest of the world. We live better than kings of former generations. Fortunately, my daughter has helped him see the need for survival skills and he's coming around slowly.

My family knows where I stand: You're welcome to join me and benefit from my skills, knowledge and experience but there will be no whinning and everyone pulls their weight.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Your last paragraph is great. We all need to be like that now...not later. I hope you never have to put your knowledge to the test.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
alone is a rough one, I spent a whole year alone in the Alaskan wilderness and I found out what alone was. I wish I had taken a dog with me, that was my only regret. I built a small cabin and survived a very harsh winter but I did manage to survive. The hardest part of coming back to civilization was the noise, I never realized how noisy people were. Thar said, I would rather have someone with me that to go through it alone, but any of you, well let me say some of you could make it alone, because truly being alone is very hard on the mind. every year we have people come out in the spring that have been wintered in somewhere and they are just about nut's, crazy as a loon from cabin fever, they just couldn't take it being alone. So having a partner is something to consider, and everyone should practice before the SHTF it would be crazy to have all the gear and never have used it until the event happens and then you find out you can't or don't know how to survive.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I hear what you are saying.hopefully with isolation people will not get sick. Life has a way of working out. This part of creation or evolution what ever you choose to call it will happen IF we have that choice. We dont know the end of a story that has yet to be written. But people sure do argue they do. We will see and time will tell.

thanks for the thoughts

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

you hit on a good point there, people in isolation will not get the flu and such things like that, those are sicknesses that are given to you by other people. my whole year alone I never got sick one time, never.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Wow, your man is lucky! My woman isn't quite that way, but she isn't like the other woman where camping is a resort or cabin

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mcamp2011

lets all hope it never ever comes about. It wont be like any movie, as you know from Alaska, and it wont be romantic either.
This notion of running away from trouble is just something I think we see too much from entertainment. My dad got tired of the rat race in 69 and we moved off grid. For me it was a way of life, Its not something you just jump into in this century. Too many conveniences have made life way too easy.
all just MHO

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
We all will have to get use to living like its 1800's again. I actually think that it would be good. People that can do...will. Those that can't won't. It forces people to get off there lazy butts and provide for themself.
That would be wonderful, because I for one...am tired of everyone getting a hand out, simply because they don't feel like working, but are quite able...there just lazy scum. I am tired of having them live better than people that actually earn the $$ that they want for free.

I would welcome a SHTF, it would weed out these people and we would ALL be better off.
I don't want it to happen, but I honestly think we would be better off...in the long run.
edit on 3-2-2012 by saltdog because: spelling

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
That's why the intangible assets are of the most critical importance. Buddies is the first in the list. If you try to do it alone, unless you are wanting and knowing how to live like the unibomber, you won't survive. Buddies (choose someone you could trust with your life), Brains (knowlwdge, skills, resourcefulness, self comfidence) Bible (Not nescerilly the christion bible, just easy to remember: Faith in god of some sort)

Then you have the tangible resources: Bug out bag, Shelter, Water, Food, Fuel, Weapons and portable wealth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join