It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something many have never thought of...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I do believe that when its your time, its your time...it doesn't matter if your in a SHTF or driving down the road...when your time is up...its up.
I also think, that not being ready for things...that you can plainly see, isn't very smart and just makes your life harder. I prep but I can't be prepped for everything...so I prep for the most likely first and then work my way to the least likely event...many things can be used for multiple SHTF events.
edit on 31-1-2012 by saltdog because: spelling

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

not to for get the ones that are already there and do not want you me or any one come a knocking. Yes i know a few that have done just that, more in the last week or so, going to the hills , tell me "your not welcome., had your chance", to them i say well if need be i will take them hills from you or try too, if that is the only place left. I should tell you what to look out for , but then you should know, here is a hint, look for trip wires and such. this is no joke, watch you step in them hills UT AK TN AK OK

edit on 31-1-2012 by bekod because: editting

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

I agree with you..in not wanting to go to the hills alone, could I...yes, would it be ideal..NO.
There is strength in numbers and you need to sleep sometime. A small group would be ideal, but you need to make sure that everyone knows going into it...that they need to carry there own weight and be a productive member of the group..or they're gone.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

oh yes an other pull your own or your done ??? Will this go for mom dad? or just someone you do not know then why take them in the first place? the untrained can be trained , if you do not help then you do not eat drink , everyone has some kind of useful talent not matter how small.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I can defnitely see him bring both of us down and that would probably be the end of that. I think i may have to re-think who i would group with in that case scenerio. After all, it isnt a movie or a game. It truly would be a matter of life or death. I'm planning to stay alive as much as i can !

Anyone care for some rabbit stew ?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

look at the I-70 mishap, good example of when your time is punched it is punched , now what if this was a "SHTF bug out" how many more would have been in that? the best thing is to have nerves and willingness to stick it out, if your bugging out from the frying pan it to the fire then what?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I agree, not everyone needs to physically do work...some have knowledge, like grandpa for farming, grandma for canning...it might even be there land, so your in there group to do the labor.

My point is if your not a productive member..your gone. Well owning the land and having the knowledge is priceless....but being a lazy bumb and not doing things you should be...is cause for you to go away.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I plan on staying put...if I am not at ground zero. Let things cool down. Why leave your home right away? Personally I would wait it out until I felt it was safe to travel or it wasn't safe being where I was at.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

if he really cares for you and your relation , he would be willing to try, some just do like the out doors then how will they get by when that is your place to live , form a sleeping roll/tent to a cabin, this is fact, it is a matter of when.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

your welcome here you are the one a few that have your game on, in the first hour of SHTF more deaths will be bugging out than the cause the second hour will be the ones to make it, by day 3 some will die from lack of meds or infection, or inner group strife. By the first month less than half in not more than half the pop would be around, this being the worst case event. in the first year , small towns and community's would be rebuilding, this is mans nature some would still be in the hills, living like the 1800's but then in time they would seek out towns.

edit on 31-1-2012 by bekod because: editting

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

you do have a point, it will be pull some task from gathering wood to finding stuff that you would need.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

yum yum, wild onions and some dandelion tea with a fresh sprig of mint to go with it

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Country girls can survive!!

You sound like me and my family! Nice to see that other women who know how to handle their business, sista!!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Well thank you,
I just hope that people do lose to much common sence, in the process of surviving.
I hope to never know... what its going to be like, but with everything going on in the world, it doesn't look good.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Not many of us are equipped to survive without the trappings of modern civilisation and many of us don't live in an environment overflowing with natural resources anyway. But in any case should things get so bad you need to 'head to the hills' forget any notion of living on your own - even as a family. People will need to group together for defence and for both mental and physical support.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

the one thing one can do is knowing it will happen and be ready for it , so it does not get you off guard, some will spend $$$ on food that might not be used in ther life time but then it might, real life 72 hours is all you need dooms day what you have is not enough, you still need more, I asked a friend how long would his 10,000 rounds of ammo last, till it is gone was his reply, the real answer is till the magic bullet finds you, or you never fire a shot.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

I agree, except for, once things calm down and return to a civil society, you would be able to go at it alone...once the majority of the wolves are gone.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I hope to never fire a round...except for at an animal to eat, or to sight in a weapon that hasn't been fired by me, due to getting it from a body or trading something for it....you would have to sight it in.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

yes you do and now it well clean and do some repair, the simpler the better, a sing shot is all you rely need, only them that think they are Rambo need a AK

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hello

There was a study done by the government that if there was no electricity for one year 90% of the USA population would die. So that is something isn't it. I believe that tv and gaming junkies would off themselves within a month. So if the USA population is at 350 million, I believe that at least 5million would off themselves. Then there are the klutzes.

You know them. My wife is one. You can throw a rock in the floor in a 22x22 room and she will trip over it. I seen it, on a bare floor, it's true. lol There will be at least a million klutzes dying from infections, accidents, etc.

So the article was a shot of expresso coffee to me!

Take care

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join