It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why hate the hate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I hear a lot of left wingers throwing out the term redneck and hillbilly when someone has something to say about Obama or any other left thinking topic. I hear the south is full of hate and prejudice, and some places there is plenty of that. However, why is it that when ANYONE makes a comment about Obama even his policy’s they get that label thrown their way? Aren’t they doing the same thing?
I don’t understand why there is so much animosity toward the south. I’ve been in the north and there are just as many hunters, church going people, farmers and ex/ current military there as there are in the south yet the south gets the bad rap!
I realize it’s not cool to listen to country music, love God and your country these days but why is so cool to hate anyone who does then label them a redneck?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I love the South and this is my family;

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by saintsjunky
I hear a lot of left wingers throwing out the term redneck and hillbilly when someone has something to say about Obama or any other left thinking topic. I hear the south is full of hate and prejudice, and some places there is plenty of that. However, why is it that when ANYONE makes a comment about Obama even his policy’s they get that label thrown their way? Aren’t they doing the same thing?
I don’t understand why there is so much animosity toward the south. I’ve been in the north and there are just as many hunters, church going people, farmers and ex/ current military there as there are in the south yet the south gets the bad rap!
I realize it’s not cool to listen to country music, love God and your country these days but why is so cool to hate anyone who does then label them a redneck?

The short answer is because of "White Guilt."
That is the prime reason they voted for the empty suit in the first place.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
As a transplant from the Left Coast who has been in the south for 10 years now, I think it is just erroneous stereotyping. People are basically alike all over, but I think some of the regions in the US are snobbier than others. Plus, I cannot help but think that, ever since the Civil War ended, it has been fashionable for anybody north of the Mason / Dixon Line to look down their noses at southerners. I've been all over the south, and have always enjoyed myself. Plus, the food!! There's no better place to pig out on BBQ and soul food!

I like it here, and I plan on staying. Crank up that country music, I'm fixin' to sit on my porch and do a whole lot of nothing.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Agreed! great food and great people - I'm a Brit and lived in Texas for a couple years, loved it there!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by saintsjunky

Wa'll, mainly it's them thar city-slickers who get all uppity.

They's just be jealous of the laid back life style.

Just look at Atlanta. It's in the south and you will find all sorts of animosty towards country folk.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by saintsjunky

Your point of view on this problem is too egocentric.
People like to generalize and prejudge other people.
It's not about you, the south, the left or any other group in particular ... it's about stupid laziness and ignorance.

top topics

join