It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple Incorporated is NOT a role model for the American economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
How the U.S. Lost Out on iPhone Work

Recently, on the New York Times, there had been a write up on the success of Apple justifying outsourcing manufacturing overseas.

A. ) It claimed that:-

1. Majority of its supply chain is in China.
2. There is a lack of skilled workers in USA that only China can provide.

Thus, they moved to China and reaped HUGE profits with its apple products.

This is utter BS on the part of Apple's move.

The only reason why american biz fled to China is because China provides slave labour. Hundred thousands of slaves are ready to work 12 hrs and more a day at $10 a DAY, with no care for benefits or family. These slaves had no other choice for they only knew poverty for decades when the corrupted and brutal CCP gov rules.

Even at such salaries, they realized they could not afford the rising inflation, had attempted to return to their villages, only to find their lands sold by the corrupt village CCP leaders to corporations.

But the unconscionable corporation employers cared nothing, for there are 1.3 billion slaves ready to serve when the other workers leave, fired, or commit suicide due to the stresses of robotic life no other human would want to subject themselves to 24/7. It is only profits that the employers care about.

These employers claim capitalism and competition forced them to outsource, and the side benefits of products still created jobs in USA, should be listened to and given tax breaks. But they are not the maytrs these unconscionable corporations make themselves out to be.

They created a few jobs in US,with most jobs overseas, only because they do not wish to be subjected to tariffs , taxes, and lose the huge consumer base that US is. They are not loyal and honorable americans as they claimed to be, for they worship only Mammon. They made used of american innovation and infrastructure support only to fuel their own selfish profits and not for american society or sharing it fairly with workers who truly constributed to their success..

B.) There is no need to kneel before them or beg them to return. America has no lack of innovation or capable humans.

The true lesson we can learn from such profitable success of unconscionable humans are :-

1. Innovation can come from simple upgrading of existing appliances
2. Constant and consistant upgrading of innovation and quality of product.
3. Automation is the answer to human slavery.

Losing Apple to China is no great loss. It is only 1 company or a few. USA must not presumed that Apple is the only company, or follow its advice to use it as a role model for its economy. It would be the biggest mistake for the american economy.

Apple is only an innovation evolution from the mainframe computer of IBM to PCs, to laptogs, to the ipad. It is only ONE line of products that through the application of innovation had created jobs. There are MANY more other products that awaits 'incremental' innovation and upgrading.

And one of them are machines/assembly line robots. No human wishes to work as 24/7 robots, thus there is a market for such products. It will never replace mankind, but will only free up mankind further to create and innovate on other products or societal issues, with an increasing world population with needs awaiting to be meet and further profits/progress to share. Furthermore, such devices can be cheaply made, needs human creativeness and maintenance, thus creating jobs as well.

Even China will need such mechanical devices inorder to match the scalability and competitiveness of the world market, but because of their unconscionable lack of funding and creativity limitations in education, they do not have the talent and innovaters to fill the gap, a gap that USA can easily fill today, for much of tech and innovation came from a free society that USA is.

Therefore, there is no need to tremble with fear at the supposed onslaught of China's slave labour or questionable rise. All it takes is conscience to return, not the unconscionable american employers. Treat them rightfully as foriegn companies, while helping local enterprises. Greed must end.

Slavery will end too on its own as inflation and needs rise everywhere in the world.

In order to compete, it will be from the level of innovation, and not from enslavement. This will only increase emphasis to educate every child and uplift the next generations of mankind worldwide in mentality than the present, or be stupid and lost out, as some dictators had attempted to keep their citizens stupid without social expenditure on education.

TRUE capitalism welcomes competition, and the best wins. Investment in tech/education, innovation and quality will win. And through such achievements, will mankind progress to the stars.
edit on 31-1-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I refuse to buy Apple products. It is really sad the way the Chinese workers are treated by American companies. The children working for Apple have to live their entire lives at the factory because their income is not enough for them to rent an apartment.

A friend of mine recently emigrated to China to work as an English teacher. He has two teaching jobs and has started a bar and grill in a hotel over there. He had less than two hundred dollars in his pocket when he arrived in China. He is doing great now.

So how is it that an American can go to China and prosper as a businessman, but Chinese children are enslaved while trying to earn a meager paycheck?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This is why i'm buying a couple acres of land out in the boonies, growing and raising all my own food, and I will attempt not to by any foreign products.

It's disgusting but every single American consumer has the blood of a slave laborer on their hands. It's literally impossible to function in society without using or purchasing products that were made using these methods.

Not to mention how f'ed up it is to even use oil. I feel guilty every day, that's why i'm trying to escape this society.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
This is why i'm buying a couple acres of land out in the boonies, growing and raising all my own food, and I will attempt not to by any foreign products.

It's disgusting but every single American consumer has the blood of a slave laborer on their hands. It's literally impossible to function in society without using or purchasing products that were made using these methods.

Not to mention how f'ed up it is to even use oil. I feel guilty every day, that's why i'm trying to escape this society.

I needed to reply that I respect you tremendously for living the way you are. You feel strongly about this, and you are living based on your principles.

As for Apple, and the entire messed up economic-system, I think that we have done it to ourselves here in America by wanting everything...we want high paying jobs, but we also want cheap goods. You really can't have it both ways. So voila...the unemployment mess we are in now, and the fact that we are not manufacturing anything.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

2. There is a lack of skilled workers in USA that only China can provide.

Funny how corporations believe working for peanuts to be a "skill".

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

As an Apple shareholder, and lover and owner of Apple products, I feel obliged to comment on this article. Paying workers $17 a day is why Tim Cook can earn almost half a billion dollars a year and why Steve Jobs could commission a yacht that costs hundreds of millions. G R E E D. Nothing else to it; American workers are skilled (the Boeing aircraft built in this country attest to it) and supply chain logistics are not a Chinese skill (I spent 24 years working in the logistics industry). Apple is a trans-national corporation; it does NOT owe any allegiance to the United States or any other nation; it owes its only allegiance to itself. The Republicans have paved the way for the United States to have the lowest import tariffs in the world (about a tenth of that of India or China) which opened the door for the flood of foreign made goods and the rapid loss of American jobs. Some remedies would include raising import tariffs and taxing corporate income at the same rate --whether earned overseas or domestically. The Republicans are turning the United States into a version of Haiti: A handful of people (the 1%) who make fantastic wealth, a non-existent middle class, and everyone else (99%) scrounging through garbage mounds for the scraps.

This is a comment form a NY Times reader and he is correct that greed is the biggest factor. If we increased the import tarrifs or paid more for apple products which were made in the USA it would greatly benefit the middle class with great jobs, but no they want to make exorbitant salaries.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

In my considered opinion, America should refuse shipment from countries that practice child and slave labor practices. Why can't Americans make computer motherboards and phones, not to mention televisions? Didn't we Invent those things, after all? America can produce everything Americans need, all we need is a great deal less Government intervention. Stand up, America! Look around you! We built this!

new topics

top topics

join