It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran, perceiving threat from West, willing to attack on U.S. soil, U.S. intelligence report finds

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I'm calm. I'm eating a Ham and Cheese on Rye with a tad bit too much mayo and a pickle.

Kosher Dill to be exact.

You just HAD to specify "kosher" in case our Reptilian Khazar Zionist Overlords (tm) are reading, didn't you?

Kinda screwed the pooch throwing "ham" in there, though. Be watching for the black SUVs to come to take you out!

edit on 2012/1/31 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

this thread needed this humor

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Wake up america.
you keep going to war with counties.
you will get attacks on amercan cities.
you are attacking other counties cities.

all those years of M.A.D. with Russia.
and now we can see it was a GOOD thing.
it was the only thing Stopping america
taking over the world.
We need Russia and China to say STOP!
america is a mad dog.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
You know the answer to this better than I would, so I will ask you for your insight.

Will there be , and if so , how many bases left behind in Iraq, Afgan?

Doesn't matter. We can't call "dibs" on a base. Silly thing called SOFA (Status Of Forces Agreement) those bases no longer belong to us. All the toys no longer belong to us.

We are out. We've cleaned the carpets and collect our deposit.

We are not there anymore.

Period.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Being openly critical of Iran's over the top rhetoric is not supporting anything other than freedom of speech. If that's being pathetic in your myopic little world that speaks volumes

And being critical of the US war machine is no reason to be accused of anti-Americanism. Freedom of speech should not be restricted to just hating those who you don't understand, I think Americans are our closest cousins, yet I also believe something is inherently wrong with the mindframe of a lot (not all) of Americans.

And yes, the Uk has many, many faults - I won't call you or anyone else anit-Uk for pointing them out.

That's my point guys.

Have a good discussion, Slayer has just made me hungry.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
Iran isn't stupid. So, I believe this is BS.

The mostest stupidiest thing Iran could do, would be to conduct a terror attack on U.S. soil.

Only prior to Iran being attacked itself. Iranian deterrence policy includes maintaining the ability to effectively utilise militant proxies in retaliation to an attack. Iran would naturally seek to extend its reach into the US in this respect, falling short of activities that would in themselves justify a military response.

It is implausible that Iran would organise a 'terrorist' attack in the US or anywhere else in response to say, a plane full of IRGC officers failing to reach its destination, but maintaining the capability to carry out such attacks in the US is much lower on the force continuum. The prospect of the war making its way 'home' so to speak is just another nail in the coffin as far as a potential war on Iran goes.

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
The whole point of WAR is to TERRORIZE the enemy so much that they QUIT.

No it isn't. What you describe is one aspect of psychological warfare and it is most often present many years before war is declared or any shots are fired. War in its truest sense revolves around physically removing the enemy's ability to fight, which is why they give soldiers guns and not bed sheets with holes cut in them.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

You know the answer to this better than I would, so I will ask you for your insight.

Will there be , and if so , how many bases left behind in Iraq, Afgan?

Doesn't matter. We can't call "dibs" on a base. Silly thing called SOFA (Status Of Forces Agreement) those bases no longer belong to us. All the toys no longer belong to us.

We are out. We've cleaned the carpets and collect our deposit.

We are not there anymore.

Period.

Except the contingent of marines and army, we are mostly out of Iraq. Not Afghanistan.

And we tried to stay in Iraq. Bush set the timeline of 12 to be out, and Obama followed it. He tried to keep troops there, but the negotiations failed when the US demanded immunity for their soldiers.

And our last soldiers snuck out in the dead of night like thieves, they didnt exactly walk away with kids throwing flowers at their feet.

Stop being intellectually dishonest. Not that I think you can, beezzer.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Wake up america.
you keep going to war with counties.
you will get attacks on amercan cities.
you are attacking other counties cities.

So we should be wary of an attack? Interesting...

all those years of M.A.D. with Russia.
and now we can see it was a GOOD thing.
it was the only thing Stopping america
taking over the world.
We need Russia and China to say STOP!

Taking over the WORLD???
Really???

america is a mad dog.

Full of devil dogs maybe??

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Just because he edited it, doesn't mean he wasn't correct.

Media has been stating that Iran was (fill in the blank) so many years away from creating nuclear weapons for at least the last 5 - 7 years, maybe longer.

What makes this time frame any different? Because the EVILS are thinking it's now or never. We have reached a tipping point where more and more people are becoming INFORMED, and they don't like what they see. So time is running out for the EVILS to put their plans into effect.

The US (controlled by the EVILS) has done a lot of damage to the world for going on or over 100 years now.

I still love my country, but now I can see that a lot of what our government does, is totally wrong, and a lot of mis-informed sheeple Americans are supporting it.

Slayer, I give you credit for being more intelligent than to think that, if we are (were?) attacked, that we (our government) did nothing to bring it on. The warmongers are laughing all the way to the bank everytime this happens!

We have meddled in just about every country in the world, and some of the worst dictators have been secretly put into place and supported by our government. Then when we can't control them anymore, we take them out and blame THEM.

Shame on our government, and shame on the racist people that support their policies.

If we were to be actually attacked by Iran, which is doubtful, (but a false flag attack to blame Iran is a lot more likely, to have the ill-informed SUCKERS in America supporting more WAR) it would be some payback long overdue for all the carnage we have caused, and supported.

And you can bet, a lot of countries and people in the world would look at them as heros for doing so, too!

The Bible says, you will reap what you sow. We've made a mess of things.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh

The whole point of WAR is to TERRORIZE the enemy so much that they QUIT.

War in its truest sense revolves around physically removing the enemy's ability to fight, which is why they give soldiers guns and not bed sheets with holes cut in them.

And how do you make the enemy quit by using your guns? So once the killing starts, its not psychological anymore?

wow.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Taking over the WORLD???
Really???

Would you LOL so hard if you knew that basically the entire world thinks this is true, and is sick of it?

Did you think that invading countries and enforcing US doctrine through force of arms would make you the favorite the world over?

It actually makes me angry at how limited the thought processes of my countrymen are. You think you are doing some great service, but in the future you will be remembered with about as much fondness as the SS and the Luftwaffe.
edit on 31-1-2012 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Except the contingent of marines and army, we are mostly out of Iraq. Not Afghanistan.

And we tried to stay in Iraq. Bush set the timeline of 12 to be out, and Obama followed it. He tried to keep troops there, but the negotiations failed when the US demanded immunity for their soldiers.

And our last soldiers snuck out in the dead of night like thieves, they didnt exactly walk away with kids throwing flowers at their feet.

Stop being intellectually dishonest. Not that I think you can, beezzer.

Iraq did not agree to SOFA so we left. Also, if you weren't there, then don't assume how we left. The drawdown started 18 months go.

Stop being so partisan and spiteful. Not that I think you can.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Iraq did not agree to SOFA so we left.

Exactly what I said. The sticking point was immunity for US troops.

Also, if you weren't there, then don't assume how we left. The drawdown started 18 months go.

Did, or did not, our last troops leave in the middle of night in a covert action?

YOU telling anyone not to be so partisan? wow, how could you squeak that out of your keyboard without dying from the irony?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

And how do you make the enemy quit by using your guns?

Kill them...?

So once the killing starts, its not psychological anymore?
wow.

The psychological aspect is always present - key word always. War is not predominantly about terrorising an enemy into submission. For example, thousands of your soldiers being killed may be unsettling but a more pressing concern is that you are suddenly without thousands of soldiers with which to fight a war.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Iraq did not agree to SOFA so we left. Also, if you weren't there, then don't assume how we left. The drawdown started 18 months go.

Did, or did not, our last troops leave in the middle of night in a covert action?

Did not.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Always a pleasure to chat boys, gotta few things to do atm.

Besides , I dont want to be here in a case a flag gets burned, somebody goes Postal when that happens.

Seabag , please reply to my bases in Iraq, Afgan, if your able.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh

And how do you make the enemy quit by using your guns?

Kill them...?

So once the killing starts, its not psychological anymore?
wow.

The psychological aspect is always present - key word always. War is not predominantly about terrorising an enemy into submission. For example, thousands of your soldiers being killed may be unsettling but a more pressing concern is that you are suddenly without thousands of soldiers with which to fight a war.

Really....so then, how do you rationalize Hiroshima and Nagasaki? The point was to terrorize them into quitting. We didnt kill that many Japanese soldiers in those 2 attacks, but tons of civilians.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
NM

PEACE

edit on 31-1-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Did not.

Link?

The last convoy of US troops to leave Iraq has entered Kuwait, nearly nine years after the invasion that toppled Saddam Hussein.

The final column of about 100 armoured vehicles carrying 500 soldiers crossed the southern Iraqi desert overnight.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Just the first article I found on it. It is a widely reported fact.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join