It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran, perceiving threat from West, willing to attack on U.S. soil, U.S. intelligence report finds

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

They made their intentions known? So if I said I intend to acquire the ability to make nukes I should be killed?

No. When did I say I want to kill anyone?

What new-found power will they have? The power to bomb someone, and in doing so seal their own fate?

YEP!!
Glorious and righteous martyrdom while taking out the great (and little) Satan.

I also agree that psychos should not have WMD that's why I believe all country's leaders should get rid of them.

So the leaders of ALL countries are psychos? Nobody leader is sane in your opinion? That explains a lot!

No, Saddam never had missiles in South America, neither does Iran. Saddam had chemical warfare from "western" countries, so by your logic so should Iran? I am not downplaying anything about Iran's missile capability, I am sure, if the US is as great as you say it is, that they know exactly what Iran is capable of and I'm even more sure that Iran would brag about it. I still stand by my statement (was it this thread?) that the Shahab-3 couldn't even reach the US...are you afraid of a splash?

Very naïve, sir.

Seriously, I spit out my soda. You are responsible for cleaning it up now. You? Objective? Yes, and I believe we should bomb Iran.

Well someone has to keep you in line! Your rhetoric is out of control!!

Maybe they don't want to be left in the dark as far as technology is concerned...do you still have a tube tv or an LCD? Commodore 64 or a new PC? Oil won't last forever, especially if you are selling it.

Maybe!! Or maybe not? You can’t turn back the hands of time, bud. Once they have them – they have them. For someone who claims to want NO country to have nuclear weapons, you’re sure quick to allow another! I don’t think you’re doing your cause any favors!

Absolutely! I have stated many times that he is playing a very dangerous game by all his bravado...and quit using the "wipe them off the map" you have been involved in numerous threads where that was shown to be untrue. I think he knows the US won't invade so he is like a little kid sticking his tongue out to a bully, safely behind 15 feet of barb wire.

It is true and documented. Just because Iran-lovers what to argue about the translation doesn’t make it inaccurate.

It’s amusing that you’re quick to believe Ahmadinejad saying Iran’s nukes are for peaceful purposes but anyone who says otherwise is a liar? Why the devotion for Ahmadinejad on your part? Are the innocent people in Iran (you know…the Arab Spring) better off with a dictator who unnecessarily provokes a force that can wipe them out?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

IM #ING TIRED OF ALL THE USA DIPLOMACY FIRST, LET`S THEM WIPE THEM OUT LATER WITH A FALSE FLAG!!

USA STOP KILLING PEOPLE IN THE WORLD FOR RESOURCES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JUST #ING STOP!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by N1thNa1ath

Saying "I don't like it" adds nothing. Come back with a defense, please!

Who dug you out???

Go back to doing what you were doing!!

edit on 1-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by N1thNa1ath

Saying "I don't like it" adds nothing. Come back with a defense, please!

Who dug you out???

Go back to doing what you were doing!!

edit on 1-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

That is very disrespectful, this entire thread is filled with valid points as to why it's morally wrong to wage war for resources. You want to believe that freedom crap? Fine. Have fun with that.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

That is very disrespectful, this entire thread is filled with valid points as to why it's morally wrong to wage war for resources.

Disrespectful??
First off…when did I advocate WAR? Besides, it was a response to this RESPECTFUL post, chief!!

IM #ING TIRED OF ALL THE USA DIPLOMACY FIRST, LET`S THEM WIPE THEM OUT LATER WITH A FALSE FLAG!!

USA STOP KILLING PEOPLE IN THE WORLD FOR RESOURCES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JUST #ING STOP!!!!!!!

If you think that post deserves more than what I gave then YOU respond to it.

You want to believe that freedom crap? Fine. Have fun with that.

I will…forever! Semper Fi!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

No. When did I say I want to kill anyone?

What were you implying then? Throw flowers at them? Shake a finger? Please let me know.

YEP!! Glorious and righteous martyrdom while taking out the great (and little) Satan.

Must be your line of thinking, if not please source where they said this.

So the leaders of ALL countries are psychos? Nobody leader is sane in your opinion? That explains a lot!

Name one.

Very naïve, sir.

Care to explain or you just like to have little one liners to make yourself seem smarter?

Maybe!! Or maybe not? You can’t turn back the hands of time, bud. Once they have them – they have them. For someone who claims to want NO country to have nuclear weapons, you’re sure quick to allow another! I don’t think you’re doing your cause any favors!

No. Clearly you aren't paying attention. One country has them, they don't have the right to tell another country not to have them. That being said, I do believe no country should have them. How is that against "my cause"? I think the way you spun it is beneficial to your agenda.

It is true and documented. Just because Iran-lovers what to argue about the translation doesn’t make it inaccurate.

Show me, don't tell me.

It’s amusing that you’re quick to believe Ahmadinejad saying Iran’s nukes are for peaceful purposes but anyone who says otherwise is a liar? Why the devotion for Ahmadinejad on your part? Are the innocent people in Iran (you know…the Arab Spring) better off with a dictator who unnecessarily provokes a force that can wipe them out?

Is it amusing? I find it even more amusing that you believe everything you hear on MSM and from the US government. They never lie right? Cough cough Iran. I never said anyone was a liar in regards to anyone stating that Irans nuclear ambitions, not nukes were not for peaceful purposes. I said they don't know what they are talking about. See? This is one of those rare times I believe the US government!! The US government says they don't have them, Iran says they don't have them, the IAEA says they don't have them, ISIS says they don't have them. What more do you need?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

What were you implying then? Throw flowers at them? Shake a finger? Please let me know.

I implied nothing. I don’t want them to have nukes or missile bases in South America! I want to sanction them, I want to stop their commerce, I want to give the peaceful people of Iran the opportunity to THROW these NUTJOBS out on their EAR! If you’re as PEACEFUL as you portray yourself then you’d want the same.

Must be your line of thinking, if not please source where they said this.

Allow me to enlighten you, superman!

Since the 1980s, killing oneself deliberately has become the most popular method of attacking and killing one's enemies in countries including Iraq and Afghanistan, in territories such as Chechnya or the West Bank and Gaza, and even in Western countries such as the United States and Great Britain. It was a real-life Shi'i fanatic, a thirteen-year-old boy called Hossein Fahmideh, who set things moving in 1981 when he died with a grenade in his hand, throwing himself under a tank during the Iran-Iraq war. He was followed by thousands of young Iranians carrying "keys to paradise," who walked and ran across minefields, ripping their bodies apart for God and the Islamic regime.[1] Two years later, the first suicide attack occurred against a Western target when a bomber drove a vehicle packed with explosives into the lobby of the American embassy in Beirut. Apart from himself, he killed 63 people: 32 Lebanese, 17 Americans, and 14 visitors. Iran denied all involvement in the attack, but its protégé, Hezbollah, soon claimed responsibility, and it was subsequently established that the killings had been approved and financed by senior Iranian officials. The Iranian role in many subsequent suicide bombings has been crucial, given the existence of a clerical elite that inherited a deeply-embedded Shi'i cult of martyrdom, whose traditions of flagellation, public weeping, passion plays, martyrdom sermons, and hagiographies of martyrs were pushed into overdrive after the revolution of 1979.
link

Is it amusing? I find it even more amusing that you believe everything you hear on MSM and from the US government.

Do you consider ATS the MSM??

Inquisitive, skeptical people find their way here, do they not? If all I did was gobble down the MSM BS then I wouldn’t be here taking you to school right now, would I

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

And they can do no wrong. No, ne'er.

They won't listen to Eisenhower, the man was clearly an old fool.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

Critical thinking??? Oh Ok!!! Dude? Are you seeing what I am seeing? Pray tell, shall we really fought his battles together you and I.
You can talk bad all you want about the Army, it has been cussed at by real men and women. But seriously, ever think about what it would mean to you if you were the one to fire the first shot in the war that won you the freedom to speak the way you do? To know real people you trust with your life have your back and have proved it time and again.
I hope maybe you can critically see what I am saying

edit on 31-1-2012 by rebellender because: material removed

Ok, i see where you are coming from. I not totally disagree with you but what i was talking was wars in FOREIGN countries. I'm all for defending our country. And when i say "staying home" i mean defend your country.

BTW i would never be the one that fire the first shot in any war. That one is the aggressor and i'm more a defender than an attacker.

What if the reason you believe fight for isnt even the true reason? That's why IMO soldiers don't think critically, they think in a way they have been told by their very "elite" masters. And whe both know that the government often have something different hidden in their plans than what they tell us.

Peace out.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by bigwig22

If you learned critical thinking, you would not have been in the army. Soldiers are a bunch of brainwashed tools for the government, that's all. They make you believe you can think on your own but it isnt true. The proof is you think you fight for all the people of the USA. YOU DON'T. Just look at how many people disapprove these wars on foreign soil against enemys that aren't near your homeland?

let's apply a bit of that "critical thinking", shall we?

1) Simply because someone disapproves of what you are doing for them does not mean you re NOT doing it for them. It means they disapprove - and may be suicidal. My kids always disapproved when I wouldn't allow them to eat chocolate cake for supper, washed down with copious amounts of Mountain Dew. The mere fact that they disapproved of my actions doesn't mean that I wasn't performing those actions for their benefit.

2) Do you really think it is somehow to your benefit to wait for your enemies to enter your "homeland" before reacting to stop that entry? REALLY? You seriously would prefer to wait to X out your opposition until they are intermingled with your family? Your version of "critical thinking" involves putting your family at risk because you want to be nice to the Bad Men?

SERIOUSLY? You want to take someone else to task over "critical thinking"?

Ok, then who are you to tell people what's good for them? Are you a God or something?

If they disapprove what you are doing for them, then leave them alone, no?

It's a pretty bad example you give when talking about kids.. How not giving chocolate cake to them will potentially kill them or harm them? In no way. So keep your cheap analogies for yourself please.

And about enemies entering your homeland. In the last wars, how many of them were really a threat to USA? Eeeeh, lets count : 0. It was all about oil and control.

Peace out.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Well do you blame them a bit, take a look at the NDAA, which clearly states Obama and company will seize oil, banks, and any and all means to irradicate every source they have until they stop their nukes and establish a central banking system.

Think about this Americans, back when we still had a spine and a pair of nuts, If any country would have come at us like that, it would have been war right

Dont mean to be the bearer of bad news here, but Iran and N korea are the last 2 nations that do not have a Rothschild central banking system in place. and we are willing the United States citizens to start a war with people we do not know, for what? So the bankers that we just bailed out can get richer

Then these same spineless bankers that will implode our money soon and create a one world governement, will then take out the dollar and we will sit like Brazil, and homeless.

F... seriously

It all has become a farse, and so dam obvious of what they are planning that a fifth grader could understand

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by bigwig22

If you learned critical thinking, you would not have been in the army. Soldiers are a bunch of brainwashed tools for the government, that's all. They make you believe you can think on your own but it isnt true. The proof is you think you fight for all the people of the USA. YOU DON'T. Just look at how many people disapprove these wars on foreign soil against enemys that aren't near your homeland? 

Spoken like a true liberal, elitist professor. Who is brainwashed here? Saying things like that might make you cool among your spoon fed college buddies and might get you a few stars on ATS but that doesn't make it the truth. 

I agree with the poster that said it was the soldiers fault. Just stay home and mind your own business. If all the soldiers stayed home, the world would be better IMO. Without soldiers tofight their wars, the ruling "elites" would have to find another way to extend their power.

Freedom isn't free - it's paid for with the blood of brave men. Every civilization that has ever existed has fought to preserve it's existance and improve it's position in the world; ours is no different. Whether or not you agree or approve is of little significance. 

Most children pull the covers over their head to protect themself from the boogy-man. In the real world, brave men must step up and kill the boogy-man. If you believe "staying home and minding your own business" is a viable means of protecting our national security then you are no critical thinker yourself. You can't close your eyes and make it go away...sorry! 

While I'm bursting your bubble I might as well add that...get ready...there is NO SANTA CLAUS! It was a LIE!!

Really? No santa claus? Damn! My life is over then..

While you are bursting my bubble, I might add as well that ... get ready ... there is NO BOOGY MAN. There is just normal people that don't want others to force their way of thinking on them.

How is fighting for stealing oil and ressources in another country is a noble way to protect your national security? In no effing way..

So just go back at your guns and shoot people for their money.

Peace out.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
No offence OP
but a hole thread about NOTHING

U.S. officials said they have seen no intelligence to indicate that Iran is actively plotting attacks on U.S. soil
www.washingtonpost.com... /gIQACwGweQ_story.html

us officials have seen NO INTELLIGENCE...now thats naval gazing

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

free country, you be my guest and say what you want. I wore a uniform to protect that very RIGHT you have for 12 yrs....

What have you done for me?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

No. Clearly you aren't paying attention. One country has them, they don't have the right to tell another country not to have them. That being said, I do believe no country should have them. How is that against "my cause"? I think the way you spun it is beneficial to your agenda.

I also believe NO country should have them. America is slowly getting rid of its stockpile.

We do have a right to tell a Nation not to build Nuclear Bombs.Many Nations AGREE with this stance also,not just America. Did you know Iran also is in agreement not to build them? So why all the secrecy? WHY have a HIDDEN nuclear facility? WHY do nations build them,when there is no NEED? For what purpose? Why did North Korea NEED to build them?

How in the hell can ANYONE spin this for Peaceful intentions?

Thats where you and I will always disagree.

NO ONE has hidden nuclear facility's,UNLESS they are building the Bomb,or trying to.
edit on 1-2-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

free country, you be my guest and say what you want. I wore a uniform to protect that very RIGHT you have for 12 yrs....

Who has directly threatened America's freedom since world war 2?

edit on 1-2-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
America's track records of attacking ITSELF on its own soil,

is way more feasible.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

While you are bursting my bubble, I might add as well that ... get ready ... there is NO BOOGY MAN. There is just normal people that don't want others to force their way of thinking on them.

I love ya, but you are oblivious, sir.

You’re right that “normal people” don’t want to force their way of thinking” on others. May I share this with you to ponder?

Muslims are commanded to fight unbelievers until they are either dead, converted to Islam, or in a permanent state of subjugation under Muslim domination. Allowing people of other faiths to live and worship independently of Islamic rule is not an option.

Qur'an (2:193) - "And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion be only for Allah. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrong-doers." The key phrase is to fight until "religion be only for Allah."
link

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass

Who has directly threatened America's freedom since world war 2?

edit on 1-2-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

Look in the mirror

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Very true!

It always takes two groups to create war: Those who want it and those who allow it to happen (through advocation or passivism).

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join