It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message Dream Last Night: "Torque in the Human Body"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Fishing for explanations here - any comments welcome.

Woke up this morning with a message reverberating through my head, "Don't forget! ….Torque in the Human Body!" There were lots of details, but they were coming too fast and complicated to grip. The only other thing I'm sure about is that electricity has something to do with the "torque."

….I've been shooting little blue balls of static electricity out of my fingertips off and on for the past couple of months, along with getting shocks all the time. The balls are about 1/4 to 1/2 inch in diameter - happens especially when my birds are screeching and going nuts. I get fed up, go up close to my metal birdcage, point my finger at the birds and yell, "Be quiet!" Just so you know, the birds are usually pretty peaceful except when there's a storm coming or a big earthquake somewhere. Maybe they react to solar storms too. So when the blue balls appear, there's lots of static in the air, plus pissedoff emotions and a bit of stress on my part. Anyway, the images of those little blue balls and their importance were part of the dream message.

Also related - have been remembering a similar recurring dream I used to have 25-30 years ago. The dream location was on the coast in British Columbia, Canada - between the ocean and the mountains. Long story short, the electric blue balls started small, got tossed back and forth like a basketball between people, dolphins and other animals. When loving beings touched the ball, it grew; when angry or needy people touched it, they sucked out the energy and made it smaller. The dolphins explained that love made the balls grow. The dream always ended with a bunch of balls coalescing into one giant ball and growing to cover the whole planet, protecting it.

Reviewed a few facts:

torque:

1. The moment of a force; the measure of a force's tendency to produce torsion and rotation about an axis, equal to the vector product of the radius vector from the axis of rotation to the point of application of the force and the force vector.

2. A turning or twisting force.

2. The body is electric - eg., The Body Electric.

I sing the body electric, The armies of those I love engirth me and I engirth them, They will not let me off till I go with them, respond to them, And discorrupt them, and charge them full with the charge of the soul.

~ Walt Whitman

3. Cells have polarity. Eg, Cell polarity.

4. Someday, maybe soon, the earth's poles will flip and reverse the planet's geomagnetic polarity. See Geomagnetic reversal.

......???

Sorry - am racing. Have appointments but expect to be back later in the afternoon - hope someone can help me figure this out. Thanks, sofi

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
THese balls probably signify your bodies electrical current. You probably have a high energy resonating through your body and what that means I don't know. Those are only my thoughts thus far.
edit on 31-1-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

ETA: reading again, I believe it signifies your energies. When you are happy that happy "energy" gets released onto others and simply grows and becomes contagious. The negative energy is what zaps the other people and drains them, you know how a negative attitude brings everybody down, same concept. You see, all of these energys can be contagious IMO and your dream probably symbolizes the contagiousness your said energies.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

I can certainly help decipher the meaning from a Freudian perspective:

Dolphins

To see a dolphin in your dream symbolizes spiritual guidance, intellect, mental attributes and emotional trust. The dream is usually an inspirational one, encouraging you to utilize your mind to its capacity and move upward in life. Alternatively, it suggests that a line of communication has been established between the conscious and unconscious aspects of yourself. Dolphins represent your willingness and ability to explore and navigate through your emotions.

To dream that you are riding a dolphin represents your optimism and social altruism.

To dream that a dolphin is dying indicates feeling of despair. You are feeling disconnected.

Ocean

To see an ocean in your dream represents the state of your emotions and feelings. It is indicative of spiritual refreshment, tranquility and renewal. Alternatively, the dream means that you are feeling empowered and unhindered. You have a positive outlook in life and are not limited by anything. If you are sailing across the ocean, then it signifies new found freedom and independence. You are showing great courage. If the ocean is rough, then the dream represents some emotional turmoil. You are doing your best to handle life's ups and downs.

Mountains

To see mountains in your dream signify many major obstacles and challenges that you have to overcome. If you are on top of the mountain, then it indicates that you have achieved and realized your goals. You have recognized your full potential. Alternatively, mountains denote a higher realm of consciousness, knowledge, and spiritual truth.

To dream that you are climbing a mountain signifies your determination and ambition.

To dream that you fall off a mountain refers to your rush to succeed without thoroughly thinking about your path to success. Perhaps you are being pushed upward into a direction that you do not want to go or that you are not ready for. Falling off a mountain also means that you have a tendency to give up too easily or escape from demanding situations. You take the easy way out.

Electricity

To dream of electricity symbolizes vigor and life energy. You need to be revitalized. Alternatively, the dream suggests that you need to conserve your energy.

To dream that the electricity is out indicates your lack of insight and perspective on a situation.

Lightning

To see lightning in your dream signifies sudden awareness, insight, spiritual revelation, truth and purification. Alternatively, lightning implies a shocking turn of events. There are many forces governing your life that may be beyond your control and even destructive.

To dream that you are struck by lightning symbolizes irreversible changes occurring in your life. You are undergoing a permanent transformation.

Earth

To notice the earth in your dream indicates that you need to be "grounded" and realistic. Perhaps your sense of stability and security is lacking. Consider the consistency of the earth for additional significance on how you are feeling. If the earth opens or separates, then it represents a project or relationship that you are afraid of falling into.

To see the planet Earth in your dream signifies wholeness and global consciousness. You are interconnected with the world.

Ball

To see or play with a ball in your dream symbolizes completeness and wholeness. It may also indicate that you need to be more in tune with the inner child within. The dream may also be a metaphor for the testicles. Consider also the phrase, "he's got balls" to indicate guts and strength.

To dream that you are watching a ball game indicates that you need to take more initiative. Your lack of action may stem from your shyness which you must overcome. Perhaps you are too overly self-conscious

Basketball

To dream that you are playing basketball indicates teamwork and cooperation. There is a situation in your waking life where you will need the cooperation and assistance of others in order to achieve a common goal. Perhaps you are standing in the way of your own progress and need to ask for help.

To see a basketball in your dream suggests that you need to make the first move. You also need to concentrate and focus on your goals.

Whirlwind

To dream that you are in the path of a whirlwind signifies big changes ahead which may lead to loss, chaos and scandal. Alternatively, the dream means that you are being pulled unwillingly into facing your repressed thoughts.

www.dreammoods.com...

In the Freudian way of deciphering dreams each part of the dream, or thought within the dream, is symbolic of an unfulfilled desire or feeling. Hope this helps.
edit on 31-1-2012 by abominatonofdesolation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Out of curiosity have you even blown up a light bulb or made the lights in your home flicker? Like when you feel irritated or angry?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
So love makes the balls grow? Sorry I had to ask.

I have a serious amount of static electricity in my body. I am always zapping things. I am hugely curious when there is a lightening storms too! Love to video and photograph them. Although I have never seen the blue balls (experienced them...never seen them... sorry again).

Now the interesting part...

I recently had a dream where there was a conscious lightening bolt that was following around and I think communicating with me. Sort of like that scene in the first Star Trek movie when the probe shows up on the deck of the Enterprise and scans everything. It was loud and if I was yelling I could barely here myself, I could feel the power in the air and the noise was vibrating and furious. Finally the bolt struck me and I could see more clearly and focus my mind.

I am sure I am not much help but I thought I would share.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleVoice731

I have always thought going under lights that suddenly flicked off was a just a very odd coincidence (even though it happened alot). But also oddly my side of the Garage light always goes out where the other side rarely does...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

You pose a neat question! How would one apply the notios of "torque" to the fundamentals of electricity, and then how could that be interpreted and applied to a biological entity?

Many of the units and calculations are interchangeable, and it seems possible to create a formula to convert the notion of torque to an electrical system and reach some kind of conclusion.

I've sent the question to my brother, he is a physicist and economist. I'll let you know if he comes up with anything. In the meantime, I'll ponder it myself. I think the interesting answers will come up when we look at the several different units in each measurement, and how those units can be manipulated in unusual ways.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleVoice731

….have you even blown up a light bulb or made the lights in your home flicker? ….in anger …?

Had times when I shorted out appliances like hair blowers and toasters if I touched them. Hasn't been that extreme in years though. ….The ungrounded zingy feeling was like anxiety, but the source seemed more external than emotional. Not sure though. Might be that it's better controlled now that I'm more mature and emotionally 'even.' ….also, see below.

reply to post by abeverage

So love makes the balls grow? Sorry I had to ask. ….I have a serious amount of static electricity in my body. I am always zapping things.

lol. Somebody had to. ….Thanks for sharing. LittleVoice731 points out the link between zapping and emotions - maybe negative emotions result in energy damming up and accumulating and then, destructive 'discharges' - but positive emotions keep the current flowing in a healthy way. …?

Some traditions teach us that we need to "keep the circle open" - maybe the energy flow they talk about is physical-literal, not just symbolic-metaphorical.

reply to kimish

reminds us that energy's qualities are 'contagious'

Thanks for your comments kimish.

reply to post by abominatonofdesolation

I can certainly help decipher the meaning from a Freudian perspective: ……. www.dreammoods.com...

Great stuff, link. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

….How would one apply the notios of "torque" to the fundamentals of electricity, and then how could that be interpreted and applied to a biological entity?

Yes! Thank you! Those are the questions.

….it seems possible to create a formula to convert the notion of torque to an electrical system….

I've sent the question to my brother, he is a physicist and economist. I'll let you know if he comes up with anything. In the meantime, I'll ponder it myself. ….

Yes please - thank you so much. ….Electricity is ignored in biology. A critical oversight, imho. ….True, it's just one factor, and we can't get a full picture without systems analysis. But maybe understanding the torque bit will help.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

So, without getting metaphysical at all, my brother had these observations.

Vectors, vector theory, and tensor theory can be applied to electromagnetics. Electricity and Magnetics have some disconnect. Scientists know that both exist, and they affect one another, and there is math to support both and to predict their interaction, but there is nothing tangible to explain their interaction.

Most scientists have moved off of researching Einstein's relativity and have moved on to tensor theory and string theory research, but the relativity research was never completed, and there is a missing piece to the puzzle that connects relativity to string and tensor theory. It seems easier at this moment to skip that missing piece and jump to something else and hope to back build until the theories merge.

The idea of torque is a simplistic notion in engineering and applied mathematics, but it would be a totally new application in electrical and magnetic fields, but it is possible to define it, and there would be units and formulae that could apply and make the concept possible to explain.

So, if someone was very good in both applied mathematics and also true mathematics, and if they could somehow visualize the holes and gaps in the theories, and apply the notion of torque, they might get very interesting results, possibly even groundbreaking, tangible math to connect electricity and magnetics.

But, he didn't want to tackle it himself.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Electricity is ignored in biology.

One more thing though. Electricity is not ignored in the medical fields. It is just not taught in basic biology.

There is HUGE research going on in electrochemistry of small biological systems. For instance, in the heart alone, there are unique bioelectrical interactions, special enzymes and proteins that only occur in the heart. They are produced and used in the heart and they affect heart rhythms and such. They don't circulate through the body or appear anywhere else.

The Masonic Medical Research Lab has created some cutting edge drugs to control heart rhythms and repair heart damage by researching this very small closed chemical/electrical system.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

So, if someone was very good in both applied mathematics and also true mathematics, and if they could somehow visualize the holes and gaps in the theories, and apply the notion of torque, they might get very interesting results, possibly even groundbreaking, tangible math to connect electricity and magnetics.

But, he didn't want to tackle it himself.

Just when I was getting all excited. Wahh.

Guess I'll just have to try some lucid dreaming on this one, seeing as I do not have the math skills. lol ...unless someone else out there wants to work on the theory?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

You're right of course - especially with muscle, and particularly with heart muscle. Here's a recent paper that even mentions torque along with myoelectricity: Torque, myoeletric sygnal and heart rate responses during concentric and eccentric exercises in older men.

Thing is, this dream came out of nowhere; I do not recall ever being even remotely interested in torque - my knowledge of electromagnetism is superficial in the extreme, and my interest quite casual. …So the mystery for me is why? the dream, and why torque?

….Given my obsession with molecular folding and misfolding, decided maybe that's where I should be looking. My first search effort reminded me of a question someone asked here some time ago about right- and left-handed folding in bio-molecules(? or something like that). Also clarified that some prion and protein-folding researchers are indeed looking at torque and electro-magnetism. So maybe the message was quite personal - I've been overlooking something important here. ….Need to spend more time on this, but by the time I have time, I'll probably have forgotten all about it.

The phone cord effect in protein folding

Anyone who has ever coiled a rope knows that you have to twist the ends to get the coil to stay flat. Depending on which way you twist the ends, you get either a right-handed or a left-handed rope coil. We believe that the same can be said for an α-helix during protein folding that the ends of the helix must also twist. Coiling a rope creates torque on the ends because the rope cannot pivot to relieve torsional stress.

Alpha helical crossovers favor right-handed supersecondary structures by kinetic trapping: the phone cord effect in protein folding.

….If the beta-sheet contacts are made before the crossover helix is fully formed, and if the backbone angles of the folding helix follows the energetic pathway of least resistance, then the helix would impart a torque on the ends of the two strands. Such a torque would tear apart a left-handed conformation but hold together a right-handed one. Right-handed helical crossovers predominate even in all-alpha proteins, where previous explanations based on the preferred twist of the beta sheet do not apply. Using simple molecular simulations, we can reproduce the right-handed preference in beta-alpha-beta units, without imposing specific beta-strand geometry. ….

Cooperativity and the origins of rapid, single-exponential kinetics in protein folding.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Thanks for sending me in a fruitful direction.

Turns out torque and electromagnetism underlie nanotechnology and the disease process behind Mad Cow and other protein misfolding diseases. Briefly, nanotechnology grows nano-products using the same disease process that causes prion diseases. Prion research was ridiculed and dismissed for decades, during which time the nanotechnology industry was established on the same principles, and flourished.

Simply put, when bio-molecules are exposed to electricity, magnetism, chemicals or radiation, they respond by modifying their structure. Structural changes not only alter the molecules' function and effects, but also, give "misfolded" biomolecules the ability to "infect" similar biomolecules on contact. In the human body, the result is disease. In industry, the process is 'harnessed' to create nano- molecules, sheets and structures with specific properties.

The substantiating medical research goes back to at least the 1980's. In 2003, British researcher Purdey explained the process with reference to environmental contamination, although unlike other prion researchers, he did not acknowledge that misfolded biomolecules are infectious.

…. a package of toxic environmental factors underpins the pathogenesis of TSEs, where the simultaneous exposure to a copper deficient food chain and rogue radioactive metal pollutants brings about the malformation of the prion protein , with a consequent break down in the way that the brain deals with incoming surges of electromagnetic radiation - eg; light and sound waves, etc.

Intensive exposures to natural and artificial sources of infrasonic acoustic shock (tectonic disturbances, supersonic aeroplanes, etc.) have been observed in ecosystems supporting mammalian populations that are blighted by clusters of traditional and new variant strains of transmissible spongiform encephalopathy (TSE). But TSEs will only emerge in those 'infrasound-rich' environments which are simultaneously influenced by eco-factors that induce a high manganese (Mn)/low copper (Cu)-zinc (Zn) ratio in brains of local mammalian populations. Since cellular prion protein (PrPc) is a cupro-protein expressed throughout the circadian mediated pathways of the body, it is proposed that PrP's Cu component performs a role in the conduction and distribution of endogenous electromagnetic energy; energy that has been transduced from incoming ultraviolet, acoustic, geomagnetic radiations. ….

Several papers describing how nanotechnology 'harnesses' electromagnetism and torque in biomolecules are now in the public domain, although much of the science remains privately owned as Intellectual Property or under patent. Here's a quick overview from 2007 in an Open Access paper from Elsevier.

Biomolecule induced nanoparticle aggregation

A burst of research activities has been seen in recent years for the synthesis and characterization of metal nanoparticles, which arise from their numerous possible applications in physics, chemistry, biology, materials science and their different interdisciplinary fields [1–8].

CONCLUSION

Our dreams often lead us to places we need to go - places we'd never think to investigate in our conscious minds. As I said earlier, I've never been even remotely interested in torque; my interest in electromagnetism was quite casual, and my knowledge extremely superficial. Now, I know a bit more because of this dream, and whatever subconscious or other force brought it to me. My thanks to everyone who responded to the OP.

Thank you all, sofi

edit on 2/2/12 by soficrow because: changed wd

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

That is some extremely interesting stuff!

Back to the question of, "why you?" Dreams can be very informative, I've solved a lot of problems by thinking of them before I go to sleep, and then waking up to a solution and jumping out of bed to jot it down before I forget it.

But, in this case, this information was unsolicited, and now you have a lot of it. Is there something you can do with it? Or someone you can share it with to guide them in some way? I'd love to know it was going somewhere to be acted upon, even if we never know the full results. Even if someone just read this thread and forgot about it, but it later shaped their research.

Great stuff!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by abominatonofdesolation

i just had the look at the link but because i dont really understand the concept its hard to grasp,

could you identify this dream of mine

from the link you gave mine falls into several categorys, hence my confusion.

it seems,

prophetic

reoccuring but only the character and place re occur, otherwise everything else is different

epic

and sometimes not nightmarish at all but scary

okay, this man of light calls himself lucifer, we talk in this place where there is nothing but can see everything, closest example is on a mountain

i can barley make out hes a man, his light is like the sun, almost blinding, we talk but not through speaking, seems mental, hes shown what i guess is my future, or at least someones on this planet, hes shown me the end,(it isnt 2012)

he explains religion, how we are wrong, but moslty have the right intentions,

i akwake feeling more empowerd after every single time this happens only happened a couple of times now, im barley scraping the surface, i seem to be connected to this somehow when im awake?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

That is some extremely interesting stuff!

....Dreams can be very informative, I've solved a lot of problems by thinking of them before I go to sleep, and then waking up to a solution and jumping out of bed to jot it down before I forget it. ...But, in this case, this information was unsolicited, and now you have a lot of it.

Me too.
...One of the reasons I'm putting off 'calling' this one back up is because I know a) the info will be technical and require great attention, and b) it will take over my life completely for a while. You gotta watch these guys - they can be very pushy and ignore even your basic human needs. Getting into it takes preparation and I'm just not up for it right now.
....I probably just tapped into something boiling in the ether, and attracted a committed party. Happens.

Is there something you can do with it? Or someone you can share it with to guide them in some way? I'd love to know it was going somewhere to be acted upon, even if we never know the full results. Even if someone just read this thread and forgot about it, but it later shaped their research.

ATS is wonderful for "planting seeds" and sometimes, altering memes.
It gives me great pleasure to know that some of the ideas I throw out here start showing up as 'common knowledge' months and years later. ...Occasionally I try to push the river but more often than not, such a focus is just wasted energy. And there be so many assumptions that need attention. Generally, I find it's most effective to close my eyes, think of Sisyphus, accept reality, say ohmmm and proceed quietly. Not that I'm always so wise.

...No doubt this knowledge already is discussed at length over coffee in research facilities - both with an eye to harnessing the processes and alternatively, in concern over the dangers of industrializing processes that are incompletely understood. What's really lacking here is the "common knowledge" component - the resources, ability and commitment to make the ideas 'accessible' and to disseminate them.

Great stuff!

It is, isn't it? Hopefully, this thread will at least help keep the circle open and the knowledge flowing.

edit on 2/2/12 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by R3velutionR3quired

Well I can start by disregarding a prophetic dream, because they almost indubitably never happen. I'm sure you have heard of a famous dream Martin Luther King Jnr had about black and white people sitting together on a bus, (which was not allowed at that time due to laws against blacks and certain other ethnicities). Due to this man's later lifeworks and strife's this dream later came to fruition. Taking the belief that this dream was an actual dream he experienced and not júst a metaphor, does not mean that this dream was prophetic. Martin Luther King Jnr was clearly insecure about this issue and it was troubling his mind, because it made him feel inadequate or lower than other ethnicities. So from a Freudian perspective this was just his insecurities niggling at him, showing him a better reality than the one he was experiencing to make him feel bad.

As for interpreting the dream its merely taking the general feel of the dream, (which I don't know because I didn't experience it) and then taking every person or object in the dream and analysing the shape, and general feel of every object person that stood out in the dream:

Light

To see light in your dream represents illumination, clarity, guidance, plain understanding, and insight. Light is being shed on a once cloudy situation or problem. You have found the truth to a situation or an answer to a problem. Also consider the color of the light for additional significance.

If the light is particularly bright, then it indicates that you need to move toward a higher level of awareness and feeling. Bright light dreams are sometimes common for those who are near death.

To see soft or shadowy lighting in your dreams indicates feelings and thoughts from the primal aspects and less developed parts of your unconscious.

To dream that you cannot turn on the light indicates a lack of insight and perspective on a situation.

Devil

To see the devil in your dream signifies fear, limitations, and negative aspects of yourself. You may be harboring feelings of guilt. It is time to release these feelings. Alternatively, the devil represents intelligence, cunningness, deception, and cleverness.

To dream that you fight off the devil indicates that you will succeed in defeating your enemies.

To dream that the devil talks to you suggests that you will find certain temptations hard to resist even though you know it is not in your best interest.

To dream that you and the devil are friends suggests that you are easily influenced and can be persuaded into doing something you do not necessarily want to do. Alternatively, you may be dealing with issues of morality.

Universe

To see the universe in your dream signifies the endless possibilities. You need to look at the overall big picture. Alternatively, the dream brings to your attention that we are all interconnected in some way.

Phantom

To see a phantom in your dream represents guilt, fear, and/or repressed memories. Your dream is serving as a medium for you to face your fears and thus it is important to pay attention to what message the phantom is trying to convey.

Religion

To dream of your religion represents your faithfulness and sense of spirituality. Perhaps your dream is telling you to be more religious or that you need to be more spiritual. Alternatively, the dream may be a metaphor for some behavior or habit which you are "religious" about.

To dream about a different religion from your own suggests that you need to incorporate some key component of that religion in your own life. The dream may also mean that you need to be more accepting and tolerant of the differences in humanity.

Diagnosis

I would say that the devil in this dream is actually signifying you. You are going through a lot changes in your consciousness and maybe feel bad about your old views on certain subjects and religious views and are finding you are not too dissimilar. If this is true you will only gain spiritual balance from researching these views and finding where you truly stand on these issues, through knowledge rather than mainstream views.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Torque can also be considered stress... which can build in the body

Perhaps you need a vacation?

edit on 3-2-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

lol ...Good dreams are layered, like good literature, and 'real' truth applies to the large and the small. In this case, it does happen that a stressor has come into my normally stress-free life - and does indeed need attention/removal. But the personal does not negate the global in my opinion - a more global understanding can verify and explain local effects and often, illuminate the healing path (or escape route, depending on your perspective).

PS. An important theme here is real static electricity building in my body, manifesting as blue balls of electricity shooting out of my fingertips - not just 'emotional' stress. ...The dream addresses and accommodates both phenomenon, provides guidance in both realms - and offers a rather pointed synthesis. Cute, I think.

edit on 3/2/12 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join