It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Hitting Banks?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
My friend revealed to me this morning that the banks in our area are having significant issues with their debit/credit systems...and by issues, I mean they have stopped functioning.

Luckily, he noticed it at a store yesterday, and implied he had withdrawn his funds so as to be able to use them. Guess he got a little paranoid...or was he?

See, there are two possibilities for this. One, the banks have made a very large error in their operations...this seems unlikely, considering the fairly good history of the banks around here (Michigan, if that makes things clearer. No details.
). Additionally, even if a bank had made a mistake, it would only be one of them. Here, it's several. That implies something else has happened to a number of our banks.

Which leads me to option two. Something is behind the failures in the system.

I'm sure you are all familiar with Anonymous. Hacktivist organization fighting for the freedom of the people, in all senses and aspects of the term, not just physical. I have been keeping up to tabs on its activities, but I haven't noticed anything saying they successfully shut down the credit system.

So here's my question, which I'm hoping you ATS'ers can help me out with. You've done very well in the past, providing insight and news from your various quarters in the world. Have you heard or seen anything about Anonymous SUCCESSFULLY attacking banks?

Or did our city just screw up big time?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Well, seeing as how this thread is getting no posts...

Mods, if you like, you can delete this one.

new topics

join