It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give or receive? Which path is right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
When you are focused on receiving, something that you cant control is your source for positive energy, here is what happens:

---- Your emotions are controlled by the outside, you are controlled, you are not in control;
---- You have fear and hope, you fear that your sources of good energy will go away or they will not come, you hope they stay, you hope they will come;
---- You become self-centered because you want things for yourself, you only look at you or you look at others as ways to satisfy your needs;
----When you are self-centered your problems will become huge, you will be obsessed with them;
----Your attention to others is not intended to benefit others but to manipulate them so that you can receive your positive energy;
----You can work hard but only if you see personal gain, there is no motivation to do good for the clients or for the citizens, you act only for yourself alone, if you didn't need to make money you wouldn't care for anyone...
----You do things for the wrong reasons: example, you are good to people because you want them to be good to you, not because you love them or because you care for them, you care for yourself, if you didn't need to be well treated, you wouldn't care less... You dont steal because you are afraid to go to jail, if you knew you are not going to jail you would steel. There are many examples...
and so on....

When you are focused on giving positive vibes, when you want to help people here is what happens;
----You start first to learn how to be a positive person, to give positive energy you need first to learn how to be a positive pole, you learn about detachment, you learn how to love life unconditionally, you learn to control your moods and your emotions, you learn that your good emotions depend only on yourself, you learn that what matters is not what happens, what matters is how we react and act to reality, we can always love life, love existence, as it is, so no need to be negative, you learn to be vigilant on your emotions, you learn to be calm before the storm etc... this is hard but it has to be done...
---- Then you focus on your actions and words, these you can control, you want to do good to benefit everyone, including yourself, not just yourself, you are in control now, you learned to be positive and you focus on good actions, good motivations, good words, you are in control now... you are calm most of the time.
---- You try your best but your sense of well being is not dependent on the results, because you are happy to try, the results you cant control so they are not a condition for well being;
---- You are conscious of other peoples needs, you have compassion, you receive their energy and you give positive energy, you turn negativity from others that you receive, into positive energy;
---- You change yourself and other people by your example, by your words, you are now an agent of love, of positivity, after a long path, you can be happy and help others, you cured yourself from negativity so now you are ready to help, you are not "hungry" anymore, so you start feeding people and you show them how not be hungry anymore, you show the way, positive energy, light, there is plenty for everyone!

Anyway, this is not easy, it takes a lot of effort, there are tests all the time, the old selfish routines are very strong, so be strong, we are all in this path, me included, from selfishness to altruism, it is hard but don't give up!

edit on 31-1-2012 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
so many puns....

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Thank you for posting this, Manula.

You raise some good points and very pertinent comparisons.

I've been having a hard time escaping that self-centered "woe is me" attitude the past few days. It is difficult to keep my head above water when I feel like that. But, I finally escaped, like a dolphin arcing high above the waters of life!

You hit the nail on the head, the only thing that helps is to look outside yourself. When one can do good for others, there is no time to feel pity for oneself.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

I am extremely grateful for your post. I have been battling with these concepts in my day-to-day life recently, and your post has shown me exactly how I need to 'rise above' and lead by example. It has been a struggle for me and reading your post resulted in great clarity.

I thank you for your kindness in sharing your insight.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
snide comment coming up: if you receive you are not in control, if you give you are in control, in your own words, so who is the real selfish one?

But seriously i agree giving is superior for that reason, so it is not entirely selfless.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Your welcome.
I like to share, i received a lot of wisdom from others too, so i think i have a duty to do it.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

To be in control is good, but the secret is: don't try to control what you cant control, control yourself, your actions, your motivations, your words, your emotions, your energy, is this wrong?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

sorry for what i take pleasure in abusing my right to b radical as much as i want

when there are opposites both are wrong in absolute terms of their facts, rights are only to truth relative value while truth is always through concepts of absolute freedom constancy as positive facts source

what is inherently absolutely free constant is by definition never related to any nor any

giving is always wrong from what it suggests that possessing exist, while only what is absolutely real exist
and what is out of existence is absolutely free so only related to its own relative existing reality which is more to all reality so the free sense cant even be positive source but to its freedom out of all

in that perspective of facts receiving is less wrong, that is why surely it exists much more objectively

first objectively receiving is positive recognition to reality concept from the fact of object existence share

subjectively, receiving is also the recognition negatively that self freedom is never a real source

that double recognition ways imply the allowance of absolute source to be the truth

new topics

top topics

join