It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only Ron Paul and Romney Can Beat Barack Obama: Latest Poll USA Today/Gallup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Only Ron Paul and Romney Can Beat Barack Obama: Latest Poll
Just stumbled upon this- and I must admit it's reinvig'd my spirits!

From today- Jan 31, 2012...

Republican presidential candidates Mitt Romney and Ron Paul have better a chance of defeating incumbent President Obama nationally, according to the latest USA Today/Gallup poll results. Ron Paul, who has improved his national acceptability considerably in the past month, is behind Obama just by three points. Paul received 46 percent while Obama received 49 percent of votes from the registered voters.

...Romney has tied with Obama nationally at 48 percent and holds an edge over other Republican candidates in electability against the incumbent President. The remaining two Republican candidates, Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich, perform badly against Obama.

ETA- important to note that the margin of error for the poll is +/- 5%
see link for more!
www.ibtimes.com...

RP 2012

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
But there is no way dems are voting for Romney, some may vote for Paul, and Paul also brings in the Indys something Romney cannot do.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
As an Indian, i would like to see Ron Paul as the president for his foreign policy.
I do'nt know how most Americans ca'nt see this.
Well, country should come first rather than a party.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Love it. As a huge Paul supporter, a member of the Republican Party, and a member of a family who is staunchly Republican, I tell my family I don't really love the foreign policies of many GOP contenders, to the point that I would vote Democrat. I am hugely on board with many of the party's fiscal ideas such as reducing social benefits paid by the Gov't etc, but since the majority are so pro war I cannot support any candidate but Dr. Paul. We follow the economy closely, and I am a finance major who does accounting for PE firms. My dad gets angry, my mom listens and is now a Paul supporter.

The thing is, Private Equity etc. will definitely be there for the long haul, even if profits aren't sky high. Also, I'd rather see us give our money to those who need it, the under 26 crows who hold bad jobs and do not have health insurance (it was great for me last year) than to spend our money buying precious rare earth metals and materials just to put them in to bombs, not to mention going to a largely unnecessary war. The WSJ lead editor agrees that Paul's plan is the best as well (we have a thread on this site to it). I could care less if gays are allowed to marry, or if abortions happen. I am religious, and God will deal with those people in his own way.

Dr. Paul is the only candidate who has a realistic plan to reduce the debt significantly. Every other candidate on the left and right either build the debt or reduce it immaterially. So Dr. Paul has my vote. I know how to move my money around, so I will be safe in a fiat currency depreciation that ahs us spending the money on our citizens rather than bombs. So far this year, its Ron Paul #1, Obama #2 Mitt Romney #3 for me.

Sorry Republicans, if Mitt is elected, you will not only lose my vote, but MANY MANY MANY who think like me. Who helped BO get elected last year? The youth. Who is RP's biggest supporters, the youth and military. Do the math.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
yay! i love this news. i think Ron Paul DOES stand a chance despite what many people are saying. his following just keeps getting stronger and stronger. GO RON PAUL!!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Voting for Ron Paul in the primary is one of the best ways I can raise my middle finger to the establishment GOP. I am an Independent (in an open primary state). I do tend to vote for Republicans more often than Democrats, and voted Libertarian in '08 because McCain and Obama both supported TARP. No way in hell I'm voting for Romney though, too Wall Street and too Mormon. I might be able to hold my nose and vote for Gingrich but that's only because I am from Georgia.

It's going to be interesting what Ron Paul does when he doesn't get the nomination. I don't think he could run as a Libertarian because he ran in the GOP primary, and would cause some ballot access issues. However, he is not obligated to support the GOP nominee. I think a Libertarian or other party putting up >10% in the general election might scare the hell out of both parties.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I read this article early this morning.

And yet there are many who will tell you that Ron Paul is not "electable" and that he can't win

I swear, there is no shortage of village idiots in the States

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I WILL ONLY VOTE FOR RON PAUL..........good article, thanks..they say all the nuts roll down to florida,,all but 100,000 or so

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Only Ron Paul can win against Obama in a fair election, Romney is just Bush 2.0. Who would want that? 8 years of Bush Sr. puppeting Reagan, Then 4 more years of Bush Sr. finally a break from that madness then 8 more years of Bush Sr. puppetting Bush Jr. That's 20 solid years of one family twisting and F-ing everything up...guess who all the Bushes have been behind since day one? Romney. If that horrid bastard gets elected, goodbye everyone i'm defecting to another country.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Paul will pull in a lot more democratic voters than Romney ever will. With all the mud slinging being done by Romney and Gingrich, either one will be damaged goods if nominated to run against Obama.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Ohhh boy, here come the RABID Ron Paul haters.
I can hear them chanting something about 'worshipping Ron Paul' already.
Look out, here they come, let me get out of the way first lest they trample me.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Here is how its going to play out folks; Romney will get the nomination and Paul will continue to campaign like he always does, the vote on the GOP side will be split and neither will garner enough to unseat Obama who will get his second term as if he was running uncontested. Sure it sucks, but unfortunately if Paul runs after the nomination goes to Romney that's exactly how its going to work because based on his past Paul will not withdraw or throw his support behind another candidate.

top topics

join