It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Psychology of Voting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Are you really voting because party lines or because what appeals the most to you in a candidate, in this time and age of mass media control and psychological warfare on citizens, presidential candidates are been groomed to present a package that will impact you psychologically in order to attract your vote, regardless of what political party you subscribe to.

10 Ways to Build the Perfect Presidential Candidate

You may never even notice because you may be following the status quo when it comes to the things that you look about a presidential candidate but believe it or no we all have been targeted in a way what we never even thing about.

This is what you been targeted with because psychologically is easier to target you this way.

In the race for president, it's not just what the candidates say that matters — it's how they say it, what they're wearing when they say it, how tall they are, and a million other little things you probably don't even know you notice.

Experts suggest that 60 to 70 percent of all communication occurs through nonverbal behavior, or body language, meaning that what a candidate does, wears, or looks like is just as important as what he (or she) says. Indeed, a growing crop of research indicates that whether we’re aware of it or not, we pick up on hundreds of emotional and psychological cues just by glancing at someone.

www.everydayhealth.com...#/s lide-1

1- Low Voices = High Votes

2- Voters Lean Left (Handed, That Is)

3- Leadership Is a Tall Order

4- You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile

5- Fashion Has a Function

6- (Waist) Size Matters

7- Money Can't Buy Happiness — or Votes

8- We Take Candidates at Face Value

9- Stubble Spells Trouble

10- Beauty Trumps the Beast

This is why presidential candidates seems to all look a like when it comes to physical appearance.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Kids always vote the class president who promises them the most ice cream parties, even if they need to use their parents money. Sadly not much changes with adults.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

When I got this article this morning, something kind of click on my head, then I most be a late bloomer, because I always wonder why presidential candidates are all look alike, on how they dress the colors they choose for their ties and how they talk, walk and smile.

It is sad that they can talk and talk about the economy, finances, health and others and then come to power and never truly fulfill those promises, the reason may be that we are not really listening even when we pretend we do, actually we are just getting mesmerized by the overall package that is been presented to you when it comes to presidential candidates.

Don't you wonder why they all seems to look so perfect?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
One thing about Obama that scares me to death is when he gets that real stern serious look on his face,

then pauses, then turns his head to one side (usually to the right) and nods downward as he makes a point.

All while his eyes stay looking upwards.

I think many of his lies and exaggerations use this method.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Interesting, you are right many gestures that political figures make are actually a picture of what they are, people that are not professional lier are more easy to spot than those that do it for a living.

But then again, when the candidates are delivering their perfect speeches people forget about the gestures that shows the lies and and state of mind to fall for the voice pitch and the perfect poises if that comes with a visually attractive package.

Everything that candidates do while promoting their goods is the products of paid professionals that do the coaching.

Thats what politics has become in our nation and what money and influence can buy.

new topics

top topics

join